1. VAPING UNDERGROUND VAPE BANDS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!
    CLICK HERE TO GET YOURS

Getting jittery and nauseous from a certain wick....

Discussion in 'General Rebuildable Discussion (RTA/RBA/RDA)' started by Tony Da Taiga, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Tony Da Taiga

Tony Da Taiga New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hello there. I joined up mainly for the reason of asking this question. Please forgive me if I posted this in the wrong section.

I just bought a product called READY x WICK from RBA Supplies. After hearing/reading/watching so many good things about it, I decided to give it a shot. Before this I have used Japanese organic cotton and 100% rayon CelluCotton (which is my personal favorite).

I wicked this in a dual 7 wrap 26 gauge kanthal micro coil around a 1/16 bit (my normal build) on my new 454 big block clone and started to vape on it.

[​IMG]

The taste was a lot cleaner than cotton or rayon and had nicer clouds! But after a little while my body started to feel weird and I got all jittery and shaky....

Would anyone know what is going on or have heard of this kind of thing happening with this type of wicking material?

Thank you :)

2. Talon4x4

Talon4x4 Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I bought some of it to use on my genesis style tanks. I used it a couple times but it frayed horribly. Even though its not supposed to. I never experienced any weird feelings from it though

3. Tony Da Taiga

Tony Da Taiga New Member

Blog Posts:
    so far it hasn't frayed but I really haven't used it long before the weird feeling hit me... Ima gonna try to rebuild on my Infinite CLT and see if maybe something was wrong with my 454 Big Block. I really like the how it wicks. Just can't do that weird feeling @[email protected]

4. vaporelse

vaporelse

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to the forum.

I wonder if it is because you are getting more vapor and hence more nicotine using this wick. I would try dropping the nic level and see if that doesn't solve the problem.

Rin Vapes likes this.
  5. Tony Da Taiga

Tony Da Taiga New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hmmmm... that could be it. I will try using my 3 instead of 6 and see if that helps. Thanks for the tip :D

6. Robert B

Robert B Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Just a thought, but, machine oil residue? I stupidly vaped machine oil on a new atty that wasn't clean, and it made me nauseous and uneasy.

@vaporelse comment is more likely though

7. Tony Da Taiga

Tony Da Taiga New Member

Blog Posts:
    Yea, when I first got it, it had that taste. It was my first time experiencing it since my first atty was cleaned already. I did some research and ended up giving it a dish soap bath the taste was gone.

I am hoping it is the nicotine level. Though in all honesty, I chain vape my 6mg juices all the time and the shaky feeling I get from that is minor compared to the feeling I got from the READYxWICK... I am about to rebuild on my CLT with it and see how that goes.

8. Tony Da Taiga

Tony Da Taiga New Member

Blog Posts:
    Well, it turns out it is definitely the wick giving me this feeling... Even tried 0mg and I still feel a bit shaken. Wonder if anyone else has had this kind of problem with this type of wick? O__o

9. BoomStick

BoomStick Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    The chemical composition of that ready wick stuff sounds sketchy. I'll stick with wicking material that comes from dirt.

10. Celtic Fog

Celtic Fog Tir Na Nog Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I would stop using the ready wick if you keep feeling that way, your body might be rejecting something in it. Better to be safe than sorry. At least this way you don't have to pay an arm and a leg for your wick anymore lol.

11. Whiskey

Whiskey Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    I agree, use a different type wicking material. Hope you hang around and get to know the forum and its members, Welcome to VU:)

12. Tony Da Taiga

Tony Da Taiga New Member

Blog Posts:
    Yea... I think I will just stick with my rayon for now... I mean, I got 500ft of the stuff lol

[​IMG]

And I think I may just stick around too. There is a lot that I can learn from everybody! Thank you everyone :D

Whiskey and Celtic Fog like this.
  13. Lefty

Lefty Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Did it seem pretty warm as well? Just from the picture that wicking looks to be very loose in the coil. Just a thought.

14. Tony Da Taiga

Tony Da Taiga New Member

Blog Posts:
    Yea the coils were a tad too big for the wick. It still hit pretty good though. Too bad that my body isn't digging the wick, the taste and vapor production is great with it lol

15. ButtKickers

ButtKickers Bronze Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Yea, Rayon sketched me out until I tried it, and found it amazingly clean.

Reddi wick? Meh.. Sounds sketch buddy

16. Tony Da Taiga

Tony Da Taiga New Member

Blog Posts:
    I love the Rayon lol

17. Zamazam

Zamazam Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Dude, that's classic symptoms of too much nicotine. Remember when you had your first smoke?

By looking at your build, you have a lot of space between the wick and the coils. Try a smaller size coil and thread the wick in, should be contacting all of the insides of the coil

TheWestPole likes this.
  18. Tony Da Taiga

Tony Da Taiga New Member

Blog Posts:
    Thanks man. I was hoping it wasn't some kind of reaction to all the strange material put into the READY x WICK. I should try a tighter coil next time I get around to it. Thanks for the feedback.

19. Zamazam

Zamazam Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Heh, and lower the nic level when you blow clouds:rolleyes:

20. Tony Da Taiga

Tony Da Taiga New Member

Blog Posts:
    Normally I vape with 6mg and can easily chain vape on cotton or rayon though. This is why it led me to think that it was the Wick....

21. hazozita

hazozita Bronze Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I've had very good experiences with ReadyXwick -- it's the only thing that works well for me in a genny, and I've used it with a lot of other devices as well. That being said, if it's making you feel bad or ill, stop!

It could also be the nic as others have posted, since nausea and jitters are the classic signs of over-nic'ing yourself. Easy to do even with low nic juice with a high volume device.

Everyone has different levels of sensitivity to various materials. I've read posting from people who have had bad reactions to a lot of different types of wicking, even things as seemingly benign as cotton. I've been lucky in that none of the many types of wicking I've tried has affected me adversely. Could be that 35 years of smoking have work-hardened my lungs (I find that term more pleasant than the more accurate "chewed the crap out of my lungs"). I'm almost at three years of being smoke-free, but can't erase the damage already done.

22. Tony Da Taiga

Tony Da Taiga New Member

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for that. I am wanting to give it another shot with a tighter wick. I am sick atm so I can't really smoke :(

Also, your lungs do go back to normal as time goes on. But for it to go back to that of a non-smoker it will take years and years >.<

http://whyquit.com/whyquit/A_Benefits_Time_Table.html

23. VH fan

VH fan

Blog Posts:
    Over doing it with the nic makes me start sweating and i feel like i got to lay down , if you get that feeling thats got to be it. On another note , i used Rayon for months until i tried Ramie , that stuff is even better tasting than Rayon.

24. Tony Da Taiga

Tony Da Taiga New Member

Blog Posts:
    Just read up on Ramie. Sounds interesting. I may give that a shot later. Thanks :D