Become a Patron!

getting started with diy need help

Ok I am just starting to get started making my own juice and I need to know how much nicotine is needed to make 3MG I am wanting to know how much I should buy I don't want to over buy please help and where can I find nicotine for a good price

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Over buy?

Just depends on how much juice you plan to make in a year. A 250 ML of 100 MG nic is about 30 bucks. Store it in the freezer and it keeps for a LONG time.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to Vaping underground and Hi!

A good thing to do also is download Breaktru's "Ejuice Me Up" calculator....there might be better ones but this one is pretty easy and user friendly and it's free. It also runs independantly of the web so you don't need the internet to use it once it's installed. If you're new to DIY I recommend you don't start out buying 100mg nic base. Sure it will last you a long time, especially diluting it down to 3 mg but it must be handled in a well ventilated area with latex (or simular) glove, and if you breathe the fumes they can be toxic, especially with a now tolerance to nic. The first time I worked with it it made me nauseous because I wanted to make sure I knew what it smelled like and took a wiff....

To start, and this is purely subjective and you don't have to follow this...but to start I would get a small bottle of 6mg nic base, that way you know whatever size batch you're making that half of it will be the nic base right off the bat...and some pg and vg and a couple of flavors that peak your interest. Then you would start ot make a simple recipe it would go like 50 percent nic base, 10 percent or more of a flavor and the rest in pg/vg to the ratio of your liking...and you have a simple single flavor ejuice....Using the calculator you plug in the amount of what you want to make and how much flavor you want to put in and it will give you all the exact amounts to make it happen.

I like that program because it also has many other features than just a recipe mixer, it's got a nic dilution calculator for when you start thinning down higher concentrated nic to your desired level and several other cool features and it's help guide is really simple as well and you can save your recipes as different files you don't have to keep redoing them.

Another thing to remember is that flavor's change with time....a juice that may taste a little funny in the beginning might be awesome after a week of steeping and vice versa. I also recommend you check out the DIY forms as this is very simplified and crude advice but remember, safety first...you're handling a chemical and too little or weak of flavor can always have more added but starting with too much flavor ruins the juice and you'll have to start over :)

Good luck, have fun and if any specific questions please feel free to ask :)

Best Nicotine IMHO http://nudenicotine.com/
Fair Priced One Stop Shop http://www.rtsvapes.com/default.asp
Hate these people but others like them http://www.ecigexpress.com/

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OK I vape 6-9 mg, 90-150mls a week.
Mom on a bad week will do 60 ml 12mg a week.
A 240 ml bottle of 100mg has lasted us just over about a year.

VU Sponsors