Become a Patron!

Getting started with RDA help.

Been vaping about a month. Completely went cold turkey on all tobacco and feeling great. Been running a protank 2 for a couple weeks but im getting annoyed with flooding and being so new I havnt discovered near the flavors that are out there. So I went and got an RDA. Heard its best on flavor and easier to switch flavors. Im more of a taste chaser than anything but like at least some cloud. What mod would you guys recommend been hearing Istick 50 w but they are sold out in my area and hard to find. I know I want regulated for safety since im new to building. Whats good on a decent budget under 100. do I need an olm meter or does box read that. Thanks in advance.

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Sigelei 50w or 100w are under $100. They will both read your resistance and protect you against any shorts in the atomizer. For a dripper i would make sure that it will fire down to at least .2 ohms, or you're not gonna get the performance you would expect from an rda. I always though it best to have a rig that gives me the most flexibility. You don't wanna spend $85 dollars on a 50w box only to find out a week later that 67w is your sweet spot haha. Regardless you should have an ohm reader as well. It's just good practice to have one. You WILL get lots of varying opinions on this topic, this is just what I would do. Good luck!

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
pretty much what scarecrow said. sigeleis are a fairly idiot proof setup. all you would need to worry about as the rda you buy. the magma is a good flavor rda (terrible cloud rda though)

Mr. Pink

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yea get a sigelei 150w it will last quiet a while and is under 100 even though may never want more than 100w its not much more. also i suggest a mutation x as a first rda, great clouds and good flavor when you restrict the airflow at a low price. but there are alot of good attys now adays

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i love my mutation but i dont really think of it as a flavor rda. more clouds but man does it give good clouds

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That freak show is an affordable authentic and has great flavor and vapor production

Mr. Pink

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
that tiffany blue freakshow mini will match my parrallel/series option box well when i finish it.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1. Good idea starting regulated - with the quality of what's out there now you may never need to go mechanical, though it's fun if you're willing to do the research needed to do it safely.

2. What RDA did you pick to start with?

3. Get a good ohm meter - backup for if your mod goes on the fritz.

4. Keep in mind if you get a replaceable battery mod you need to budget at least 2 sets of batteries and a reliable charger. This might push a bit beyond the $100 budget, but don't cheap out on batteries/chargers, whatever you do.

Hope this helps, and good luck...

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Also, most of the 100 watt + mods take two batteries which should be married pairs like OB said.

But even if you never go above 30 watts, those two batteries could last you for days before you need to charge them.

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My Sigelei 100 has never given me an issue. If it's flavor with cloud I would say think of a plume veil. Easy to build with the 2 positive n 2 negative post. Feel free to ask away with any questions, even the veteran vaper has them from time to time.

VU Sponsors