Become a Patron!

Getting that sherbet effect

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Does anyone have any advice on this? The vendor juices I've enjoyed the most have all had a 'sherbet effect' and so far I've had little success in replicating it.

I used some 'kandi hed' flavourings when I first started mixing that came relatively close to this. I haven't used any in a while so have ordered a couple to see if I can make better use of them now I have a bit more mixing experience.

Any tips would be massively appreciated! :)

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure what you mean. Are you wanting to replicate a flavor or produce a mouthfeel effect?

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Mouthfeel really - although I expect it will be something that's created through clever flavour use.

I'm looking for that sour, fizzy type sensation - like you get with a lemon sherbet.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah yeah, I kind of figured as much. I too have been exploring this myself. I have not completely had a breakthrough with this quite yet. Now if you were talking about flavor, we could go so many directions with this...

@The_Vapin_Chemist maybe he has some advice for this.

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ah yeah, I kind of figured as much. I too have been exploring this myself. I have not completely had a breakthrough with this quite yet. Now if you were talking about flavor, we could go so many directions with this...

@The_Vapin_Chemist maybe he has some advice for this.

I know it can be done... As a number of vendor juices do it well!

Let's hope we can turn this thread into an answer! I'll update once I've had a play with the kandi hed flavourings (should arrive today or tomorrow). I'm relatively optimistic about them! :)

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Mouthfeel really - although I expect it will be something that's created through clever flavour use.

I'm looking for that sour, fizzy type sensation - like you get with a lemon sherbet.
TFA Citrus Punch might help you with that.

EDIT: corrected name of FA flavor.

Last edited:

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Totally Wicked sells Gold Standard Lemon Sherbet. It's fizzy. One of my favorites.
Will give that a go if the kandi hed stuff doesn't work out. Tbh, never even considered TW - been such a long time since I used anything by them! How concentrated is it? I remember TW being very weak!

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I make the Liquid Barn Rainbow Sherbet and was pleasantly surprised by the taste. Maybe it is what you are pursuing.

Good Luck!
Never even heard of Liquid Barn before. Is it a 'fizzy' rainbow sherbet? May have to include some on my next flavour batch!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't know what a fizzy effect is to be honest but because of this post I have my tank filled with my Rainbow Sherbet and it is making my mouth water with every vape!

:ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice:

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just checked my recipe and went with 8% on the flavoring straight one flavor DIY e-Liquid.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
One thing I am noticing as I am sitting here vaping is there is a certain creaminess to the flavor of the vape. And I do detect a little bit of the fizzy sensation on the exhale.

rainbow_sherbet_0842l.jpg

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't know what a fizzy effect is to b honest but because of this post I have my tank filled with my Rainbow Sherbet and it is making my mouth water with every vape!

:ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice:
Dammit! I want some!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just noticed your in the UK and I don't think LB ships out of the country. I actually had made this and did not vape too much if it although I was experimenting with tank mixes using some of it.

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just noticed your in the UK and I don't think LB ships out of the country. I actually had made this and did not vape too much if it although I was experimenting with tank mixes using some of it.
Argh! But it sounds so good!

I'll have to rely on Kandi hed then (almost exclusively UK availability). Can't have everything I guess!

Definitely gonna keep an eye out though... Perhaps LB will expand at some point!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you know someone who could ship it to you possibly could get it but when I spoke to them at Liquid Barn they stopped shipping out of the US because too many different regulations and nicotine not being allowed. I have no idea if it would apply to flavorings so you should contact them and see.

Good Luck!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Here is right off their site:

Shipping
We pride ourselves on our ability to meet business demands with our next day order processing. Complimented by our wide variety of carriers and services, Liquid Barn simply beats the others when it comes to order management.

Please contact us for special shipping requests or for information on freight shipping.

INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING

• Liquid Barn has experienced issues when shipping nicotine to Canada. Please proceed with caution! No refunds will be issued for orders refused by customs.
  • It is the customer’s responsibility to know your local and country’s laws regarding the importation of the products being ordered. If a package is returned to us due to the receiving country’s customs’ rejection, no refund will be issued. Liquid Barn holds no responsibility for international orders once they leave our facility.
  • Liquid Barn will not alter custom documents nor packaging labels.
  • Liquid Barn cannot intercept any international delivery. Once the package has left our facility it will be shipped to the address given to us and no refund will be issued. It is the consumer’s responsibility to provide us with the correct shipping address at time of order.
  • Customs processing time can vary and may impact shipping times. If you have not received your package, please check with customs.

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you know someone who could ship it to you possibly could get it but when I spoke to them at Liquid Barn they stopped shipping out of the US because too many different regulations and nicotine not being allowed. I have no idea if it would apply to flavorings so you should contact them and see.

Good Luck!
Cheers pal!

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Here is right off their site:

Shipping
We pride ourselves on our ability to meet business demands with our next day order processing. Complimented by our wide variety of carriers and services, Liquid Barn simply beats the others when it comes to order management.

Please contact us for special shipping requests or for information on freight shipping.

INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING

• Liquid Barn has experienced issues when shipping nicotine to Canada. Please proceed with caution! No refunds will be issued for orders refused by customs.
  • It is the customer’s responsibility to know your local and country’s laws regarding the importation of the products being ordered. If a package is returned to us due to the receiving country’s customs’ rejection, no refund will be issued. Liquid Barn holds no responsibility for international orders once they leave our facility.
  • Liquid Barn will not alter custom documents nor packaging labels.
  • Liquid Barn cannot intercept any international delivery. Once the package has left our facility it will be shipped to the address given to us and no refund will be issued. It is the consumer’s responsibility to provide us with the correct shipping address at time of order.
  • Customs processing time can vary and may impact shipping times. If you have not received your package, please check with customs.
Sounds like a real hassle!

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Will give that a go if the kandi hed stuff doesn't work out. Tbh, never even considered TW - been such a long time since I used anything by them! How concentrated is it? I remember TW being very weak!
TW is strong shit ! Most people over flavor to oblivion. 1-2% is plenty on this line.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
May have to give them another go. Was very new to mixing when I tried TW concentrates!
Yes, I did the same thing myself. Read the majority was mixing these at 7% and had a nightmare with them. Then I cut them down slowly and found great results. The Pecan Pie and Butterscotch are excellent as well.

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes, I did the same thing myself. Read the majority was mixing these at 7% and had a nightmare with them. Then I cut them down slowly and found great results. The Pecan Pie and Butterscotch are excellent as well.
Cheers for the suggestion! Will have to give them another go... Wow... So many 'need to give it a go''s with mixing! My list will never shrink!

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I love FA citrus mix. It gets close in some mixes but not quite there. Does the TFA version have much of a fizz/sherbet vibe?
Actually, the flavor is called Citrus Punch, and it's supposed to give a bubbly effect. Personally, I don't get that bubbly from it. However, it could just be my taste buds though.

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Actually, the flavor is called Citrus Punch, and it's supposed to give a bubbly effect. Personally, I don't get that bubbly from it. However, it could just be my taste buds though.
On the list! :)

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Kandi hed flavours came today - made a random mix which consisted of:

4% Lemon Sherbet
3% 7-up
6%Refreshers
4% Raspberry double

All kandi-hed/Devils kandi flavourings

The sherbet effect I was talking about is definitely there. This mix itself is not quite right, but the effect is along the lines I was looking for! There is a very sharp bite to the mix that I don't like. I'm hoping it's the 7up that's causing this. Also, I cannot taste any raspberry at all here so far!

Will have another experiment tomorrow and try to hone in on a good, sherbety mix. I've come very close to cloning 'yoda snot' by ace of vapez and was just missing this sherbet effect. Funnily enough, I matched FA Lime cold pressed to this juice initially based on colour (it's the exact same colour) and the kandi hed refreshers has a cloudyness to it that is the same in yoda snot.

Thanks all for the replies so far! Been a great help! This sherbet effect is my holy grail in DIY'ing - can't wait to nail it! :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well please supply the map when you find the holy grail! Because of you I have been vaping my Rainbow Sherbet and spicing it up by mixing in some Pineapple and some Honeydew. I mix in my tank all the time just for a change up pitch! Maybe I should start keeping track of these spur of the moment whatever fucking mood mixes I create?

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well please supply the map when you find the holy grail! Because of you I have been vaping my Rainbow Sherbet and spicing it up by mixing in some Pineapple and some Honeydew. I mix in my tank all the time just for a change up pitch! Maybe I should start keeping track of these spur of the moment whatever fucking mood mixes I create?

Those "spur of the moment whatever fucking mood mixes" always turn out to be the best mixes don't they?!

I will certainly supply a map - if I can find my way back!

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Those "spur of the moment whatever fucking mood mixes" always turn out to be the best mixes don't they?!

I will certainly supply a map - if I can find my way back!
The best mixes are the ones I didn't take notes on and will never be able to recreate.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So have you ever found that Sherbet Effect you were seeking? I did a tank mix/blend last night I wish I had taken notes on because it was one hell of a nice fruity mix! I think I remember what I mixed but it was a mood mix that changed a few times. No real way to even estimate the percentages.

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So have you ever found that Sherbet Effect you were seeking? I did a tank mix/blend last night I wish I had taken notes on because it was one hell of a nice fruity mix! I think I remember what I mixed but it was a mood mix that changed a few times. No real way to even estimate the percentages.
I'm getting close! But I'm not there yet!

The kandi - hed concentrates turned out okay, but brought with them too many problems. I don't think they hold the answer!

I've ordered some TPA champagne which is showing a lot of promise. I also recently received TPA Citrus punch but haven't had chance to use any yet.

I'm getting close, and I will get there! I'll be posting any recipes that work out well!

I'm intrigued.... Why flavours did you use? What is it you think made it 'sherbety'?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mine was a premixed flavoring, added by the suggested percentage I believe. Would have to check my recipe to be sure.

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Mine was a premixed flavoring, added by the suggested percentage I believe. Would have to check my recipe to be sure.
Do you know what the premixed flavouring was? May help me on my sherbet journey!

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You can get Liquid Barn concentrates deom Chefs Vapour
Thanks for letting me know! Laziness from me there as I use chefs vapour regularly and never even bothered to look! On the list for next order! Thanks again dude, much appreciated! :)

VU Sponsors