Become a Patron!

Girlfriend wants a new mod.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'm thinking about getting her a sigelie kaos. It's a great vape, something decently solid to start with and duel battery will last her two days.

I've been looking at the Vandyvape berserker. I think watching her hit mine she would take to MTL better. Something more restricted.

Any suggestions from the ladies?? I know for a fact mtl is her style seeing her vape mine.

And she's always asking me to use mine. I'm giving her my old kbox mini 75watt until hers gets here. It's amazing how far I have come in AA and how dedicated to a better life and sobriety I am. And to have such an amazing person backing me up I couldn't ask for a better person.

Sorry for long rant, excited she wants to take the leap.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm thinking about getting her a sigelie kaos. It's a great vape, something decently solid to start with and duel battery will last her two days.

I've been looking at the Vandyvape berserker. I think watching her hit mine she would take to MTL better. Something more restricted.

Any suggestions from the ladies?? I know for a fact mtl is her style seeing her vape mine.

And she's always asking me to use mine. I'm giving her my old kbox mini 75watt until hers gets here. It's amazing how far I have come in AA and how dedicated to a better life and sobriety I am. And to have such an amazing person backing me up I couldn't ask for a better person.

Congrats...!

I'd never buy another Sigelei. I've got the Fuchai Duo 3 and it's got auto fire issues. It will auto fire at max watts. It's been an issue with a couple of the Sigelei mod models.

Sent from my SM-T325 using Tapatalk

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'd never buy another Sigelei. I've got the Fuchai Duo 3 and it's got auto fire issues. It will auto fire at max watts. It's been an issue with a couple of the Sigelei mod models.

Sent from my SM-T325 using Tapatalk
Yea she said she likes the al85 the most, I don't like smok, but I've seen good reviews on this model. I personally have never used the al85. She likes that rainbow color I'm going to get the geekvape mech pro.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Yea she said she likes the al85 the most, I don't like smok, but I've seen good reviews on this model. I personally have never used the al85. She likes that rainbow color I'm going to get the geekvape mech pro.

She won't use it passed 60 watts. Wonder how the temp control is with that model I know smok is capable I wonder how capable. Time to see if pbusardo has a review. My phone's slow as fucking shit because I could only afford the 6 gs at the time. Last month was tough money wise.

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Younger trendier women not really knowledgeable about vaping seem to love the colorful mods and the brand name of Smok.

The best VW touchscreen mod according to Anthony Vapes' list is the Smok G-Priv. He ranks the Laisimo Snow Wolf 200 (another colorful TS mod) only slightly lower but does rank it as a TC capable mod unlike anything from Smok.

The problem is what is trendy and colorful isn't necessarily reliable or even safe. Smok has its QC issues and it appears that Sigelei also does.

The Battlestar for dual and Pico 75 for single 18650 battery mods are among the most portable and reliable. This is something women especially those that aren't so trendy can appreciate.

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got my wife the Kaos and she loves it. I wouldn't buy a Smok mod ... too many QC issues !!!
I guess Smok might be good enough for someone who has to be trendy at all costs to the point that they don't mind spending $100 on a disposable mod that likely won't last three months.

Then again, Cromwell posted about actual safety issues from Smok and linked to a Reddit thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I got my wife the Kaos and she loves it. I wouldn't buy a Smok mod ... too many QC issues !!!
Haha- I've been looking at the Sigelei Kaos Spectrum! Looks like a great mod and really want the Chromatic colorway, saw some great prices too, I am sure your wife is loving it!
Another one I was looking hard at is the Vaporesso Revenger in rainbow, looks like another excellent mod!
I own the Asmodus Minikin V2 in prism(rainbow) and loved that one so much I bought another in the Prism and the White pearl!
The Asmodus minikin V1.5 are great too, I have the purple and the gold- the Boost and Reborn have great reviews!
The dual battery life is fantastic on the Asmodus mods and a US company that does have a warranty and does warranty work!
The Smoant Battlestar is really nice too- I just got the white camo- almost as small as the minikin V2 at a more affordable price!

Last edited:

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just got my wife the Pico 25 80w mod, same size/style of the al85, but not a smok product.
As far as simple, reliable, and durable mods go, Pico seem to be the best for single 18650 battery mods and Smoant Battlestar and Charon TC but not TS seem to be the best for dual 18650 battery mods.

Triple battery that does TC well seem to be limited to DNA mods and they are anything but simple. Even to change from 2 to 3 battery mode requires hooking the mod up to a computer and changing it in Escribe.

Anthony Vapes reports that the Sigelei Snowwolf 365 as the only quad 18650 battery mod that does TC well enough but that mod doesn't at all seem durable or reliable nor will he give it a durable notation.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I've used a friend's asmodus, reliable as hell and great build feels wonderful.

I do not buy smok products. She likes the look of the al85 but I explained that there not really that great. Problem is this girl at our AA meetings rants and raves about her stupid smok stick v8 and got my girl wanting that piece of crap. Sorry if there are users that like that mod is never get my girl something like that for her first one.

I'm also not a fan of eleaf. I am kind of leaning on a sigelie kaos. That's a great starter mod not too complicated. She's got me, I know what I'm doing, and don't mind changing coils but I'm going to teach her how to do it herself.

Honestly this ktech kbox mini she likes. Unfortunately I like it too. It's kind of beat up but works like day one. I don't like ktech mods very much but this kbox has more than proved to be a trooper and reliable. It doesn't like firing as low as they advertise but all in all .45 and up and it's good to go. It does for slow tho.

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've used a friend's asmodus, reliable as hell and great build feels wonderful.

I do not buy smok products. She likes the look of the al85 but I explained that there not really that great. Problem is this girl at our AA meetings rants and raves about her stupid smok stick v8 and got my girl wanting that piece of crap. Sorry if there are users that like that mod is never get my girl something like that for her first one.

I'm also not a fan of eleaf. I am kind of leaning on a sigelie kaos. That's a great starter mod not too complicated. She's got me, I know what I'm doing, and don't mind changing coils but I'm going to teach her how to do it herself.

Honestly this ktech kbox mini she likes. Unfortunately I like it too. It's kind of beat up but works like day one. I don't like ktech mods very much but this kbox has more than proved to be a trooper and reliable. It doesn't like firing as low as they advertise but all in all .45 and up and it's good to go. It does for slow tho.

If you are leaning on Sigelei products, the touchscreen, Liasimo Snow Wolf 200 is one to consider.

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd go with the pico over the al85 if temp control is a consideration. Eleaf seems to have a better grip on tc than smok does, their tc is almost nonexistent.
Pico has a good reputation as a reliable, single battery, power vape mod. Didn't know their TC is decent as well. Which Pico(s) are you referring to?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

The Berserker is excellent if she likes a tight draw, but don't try to use the top-fill feature; it compromises the vacuum and just leaks like a bastard. Use bottom-fill -- take the whole base off and fill that way, it keeps the leaking to a very minor seep that's easily cleaned up.

Gratz to another friend of Bill W; my husband and I celebrated 25 yrs of sobriety back in August, about 3 wks after I celebrated my 3 yrs of smoke-free. :) It works if you work it... and if you vape it! :D

Andria

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The Berserker is excellent if she likes a tight draw, but don't try to use the top-fill feature; it compromises the vacuum and just leaks like a bastard. Use bottom-fill -- take the whole base off and fill that way, it keeps the leaking to a very minor seep that's easily cleaned up.

Gratz to another friend of Bill W; my husband and I celebrated 25 yrs of sobriety back in August, about 3 wks after I celebrated my 3 yrs of smoke-free. :) It works if you work it... and if you vape it! :D

Andria
Yup, me and my girl are both in AA. For now and ever after God willing I've been in the winning side of a terrible IV **iate **caine and alcohol addiction. We have come so far. I have been so far down flying homeless signs, I'm done with that life. I deserve much better and am so much more capable. It just goes to show h*roin doesn't discriminate. I'm an other wise smart guy with a good head on my shoulders.
8dccf5802005adf15919f78dc763c982.jpg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@zombievapereview I must suggest only listening to suggestions and opinion from people who actually own the devices you are looking at because if I went by what people have said over the years I wouldn't have 1/2 of the great vaping gear I have right now that I am actually using. Like the Rafale tank I have been blowing clouds with since about 4PM today! Even a friend of mine who I trust his opinion and knowledge did not have a high opinion of this tank but he did say his opinion was based on what reviewers posted. I love the Smok devices I have and they have never given me a problem. Opinions are like butt holes and everyone has one but when based on what comes out of someone elses ass what is that worth?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Sigelei used to make great mods that were well built, they've went to complete shit though and I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy. Wismec and all Joytech products have shitty wiring and really shitty 510 pins. Only Regulated Mod's I would recommend today are Lost Vape or the Battlestar.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
MTL, might want to look at an OBS Engine Nano, they also make one with factory coils, but I have no experience with it.
For a mod, I'm going to recommend you take a look at these.
Tesla Wye, Aspire Speeder, Minikin Reborn.
All are great dual battery mods, and if you should ever want to get into TC vaping, do it well.
Never had any trouble with any of these, and use them all because I can't decide which to relegate to storage.
Pretty reasonably priced as well.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
As a woman, I highly suggest the Pico 80w. Get her the Kangertech Aerotank. MTL. My Sis is MTL and has raided my binge shopping shelves. Her setup are:

Target mini plus Nautilus Mini. Looks amazing together.
Pico 80 and Aerotank.
Also, as a quick pocket rocket - Kangertech SubVod. She was amazingly shocked and bought 2 of mine. White and Pink.
As for a larger mod and more power, Hcigar VT75 Nano.
If she's looking for a box mod, Alien.

Just a female opinion for MTL. Andrea is MTL, but he can get her all of the above for a fraction of the full retail price.
(Hint...I have most of this hardware.)

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Thank you guys and girls for the input. I just left the hospital, she was in ICU but everything is fine now. She really wants the alien 85 I don't like smok at all.

Money had been very hard on me, but it's looking up. I start college soon, she got her disability and I'm hopefully soon about to get mine and go to school.

We're both sober and couldn't be better. Life is hard but things work themselves out if your doing the right thing.

VU Sponsors