Become a Patron!

Giving thought to...RTA/RDA

berryfreak57

Member For 1 Year
OK I am giving thought to taking a chance on one of these.
1) Don't want to spend a ton experimenting
2) I am more into FLAVOR not cloud chasing
3) Looking for long lasting cause I would rather enjoy the vape not rebuilding more.

What should I be looking at?
What pre made coils serve this purpose best (i'm not sure I want to twist my own coils at this point)

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I'd suggetst deciding on tank, squonk, or drip - then what coil(s)

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Welcome to VU @berryfreak57.

If you are looking for an RTA the modfather is a pretty universally accepted winner. Great flavor, its cloudy if you want, decks are easy to build on and you can get a whole days juice in one.

Might consider a goon for an RDA. They work as advertised and they are popular for a reason.

If you get a 100 replies, you might get 100 different responses. Good luck in your hunt and happy vaping.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
OK I am giving thought to taking a chance on one of these.
1) Don't want to spend a ton experimenting
2) I am more into FLAVOR not cloud chasing
3) Looking for long lasting cause I would rather enjoy the vape not rebuilding more.

What should I be looking at?
What pre made coils serve this purpose best (i'm not sure I want to twist my own coils at this point)
Do you have a mod?(which one) Or would you buy another one as well?

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Like the squonk idea. Not much digging having to carry a bottle to drip with all day, or is my thinking wrong?
Bottle is in the device and is attached to a hollow 510 pin. You press the bottle and wet your wicks. 8-12ml bottle with a single coil atty should last you all day.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I personally don’t have any single coil suggestions, but I squonk with a pulse 24 atomizer. When used with the 510 drip tip adapter and a 510 tip it makes really great flavor. Just a thought.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I'm liking asmodus C4 LP. Aside from easy build and smooth great flavor, it's hard to make it leak.
Another new single coil to market with good reviews is Voopoo Recurve.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I'm liking that Pico Squeeze 2 Kit enough to get one. And it's ideal for just starting to squonk. It's regulated, comes with a battery, and a better looking performance wise RDA than what we usually see for one that comes with a kit, much better.

berryfreak57

Member For 1 Year
I don't squonk yet but I would go for the Castle single coil or the Loop dual coil. The Pico Squeeze 2 is another regulated option but is new, I do like the rda deck and af.

Thanks for that option, but the video left me feeling like they still need to tweek it for a 3rd version

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU!
You won’t regret transferring to rebuildables. Not only are they less expensive to run; but, you can dial in your perfprmance.

Bear in mind, all the responses are goin to be based on opinion:

For wire, I use advanced vape supply’s prewrapped Clapton. Triple core 30g wrapped with 40g ss316.

For tanks my favorite for flavor are the kayfun: kf5 and prime for mtl.
Also the SMM.

For rda, my favorite for flavor would be the hadalay (single coil) or the recoil (dual coil)
The hadalay would be great on that Squonk mod btw. A new single coil consideration would be the recurve; which would also go well on a squonker.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I forgot about the Recurve, not really suitable for non squonk imo, very shallow well. Nudge 22 is popular as well.

berryfreak57

Member For 1 Year
After countless videos and review reading I think I am going to go with the Pulse BF 80 watt topped with the Pulse 24.
Thanks everyone for your input. Looking forward to travel this road.

berryfreak57

Member For 1 Year
From further research I get the feeling that dual coil RDA's need power. If this is true why are most squonk mods single battery types?
Guess I need a bit more research and help from you folks.
Looking at the GBOX mod and dumping the RDA that it comes with for the Pulse 24 or Drop. Any thoughts?

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Bulky size primarily. Two batteries and a bottle take up room. If you don't like holding a 3 battery mod you won't like holding the gbox. For myself a 2x700 single battery squonk would be more comfortable and with a single coil rda the battery life would be very good. All day good.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I try to stick with single coil on my squonkers for just that reason. I do at times run my goon with dual coil build, but only if I’m not concerned with battery conservation.
Normally I run my little hadalay with a single coil build. Up until recently most Squonkers were flavor chasers; and, generally not interested in cloud chasing. Those of us that were, just used other mods for that.
Vaping used to be more of a right tool for the right job hobby.
Thankfully, a lot has changed and you can still get a good cloudy vape with the right single coil build.

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Like this a lot but what RDA would you put on it?
RDA-Wotofo ReCurve, best single coil RDA for $30. Flavor is amazing! If you look around you'll see everyone raving about this new RDA, and it truly lives up to the hype! I recommend using a single coil RDA on a single battery squonk mod(which most are).

RTA-Wotofo Bravo, flavor is up there with an RDA. Plus, it comes with a bubble glass as well as a regular glass. I've been using the bubble glass since I put my second build in it 2 or 3 months ago. It holds a lot more e-liquid with the bubble installed, yet still maintains a small, sleek appearance.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am a fan of AVS, Advanced Vape Supply, rre-built coils They are ss (get the 316L) and perform very well in wattage or tc modes. 20% 0ff with code AVS.https://www.advancedvapesupply.com/

OBS Crius 2 single coil rta is an easy one to learn on. So is the Serpent SMM. I prefer the Crius.

I mainly squonk with RDAs but I recently got an OBS Crius II, single coil and it's a great tank. Very easy to build on, easy to wick and a minimum amount of pieces to deal with when taking it apart to clean. The quality is good and I haven't had any problems taking it apart. The flavor is as good as any tank I've tried and I get a bit tired of squonking so it makes for a pleasant change. And its relatively cheap.

berryfreak57

Member For 1 Year
Went with this one for now. Lots of options and in mesh mode it holds a butt load of cotton and juice. Will see how far I want to pursue this road.
Joytech RiftCore shipped yesterday so I am excited to try it as well.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 11

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Went with this one for now. Lots of options and in mesh mode it holds a butt load of cotton and juice. Will see how far I want to pursue this road.
Joytech RiftCore shipped yesterday so I am excited to try it as well.

Do please let us know your thoughts on that when you get it.

berryfreak57

Member For 1 Year
The RIftCore Duo arrived. First impressions are very good. Flavor is as good as their Pro Air tanks with the mesh coils. Sexy looking RTA in my opinion.
They say " best" wattage is 40-50 but I like it at 60.
Well done Joytech.

Attachments

• 20180611_141226.jpg
    20180611_141226.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 6

VU Sponsors