VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

If you can't do it - ask the government too.

Its simple. Make an inferior product and try and kill your competition. This is the game plan coming from Blu and Vuse. Backed by "Big Tobacco" they are hoping for their shitty disposables to pass regulation while those same regulations kill off juice and mod makers.

EXCERPT:

"The biggest of the big tobacco companies, Reynolds—which also owns the fast-growing e-cigarette brand Vuse—its trying real hard to convince lawmakers to ban vaping. That might sound ass-backwards, but it isn't. The firm is almost certainly hoping to stymie the competition by making sure its disposable "cigalikes" pass regulations but the refillable mods you find at your local vape shop don't.

The company submitted a 119-document to the Food and Drug Administration arguing to ban "open system" vaporizers, the Winston-Salem Journal reported. Those are the DIY mods that come with tanks you fill yourself with the e-liquid of your choice."

WHERE: >> HERE <<

0vn5C0aq_eo

Click here to get more information on this deal....

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sad part is - and as much as it doesn't make a lick of sense - they will probably get this shit to pass.. which makes me quite depressed

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
this is what happens in a world where the governments that run it, are mafia.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I read here that the FDA only expects to have a total of 25 applications for pre-market approvals related to ecigs. That alone tells you that they expect their regulations to completely abolish vaping as we know it. Really depressing.

"When the agency released the proposed deeming regulations, it estimated just 27 PMTAs will be filed: one cigar, one pipe tobacco and 25 electronic cigarette applications."

http://www.cspnet.com/category-news/tobacco/articles/fda-prepared-deeming-wave

BuddJohnson

Member For 4 Years
vu3.JPG

If you have an interest in the shenanigans of Big Tobacco or need any further convincing on how far they are willing to go to maintain market share. You must watch this very entertaining set of three BBC documentary videos aired in 1999. Tobacco Wars. It chronologically documents the rise of smoking from the early parts of last century, to the huge BT lawsuits of the 90s. The first one is the best and brings the message home.

Here is the synopsis http://archive.tobacco.org/News/9910tobaccowars.html
"TOBACCO WARS is a comprehensive history of the cigarette, providing an in-depth, balanced, and often shocking look at the tobacco industry."

Here is the video/link.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sad very sad, they want to ban all vaping products but their own, then they are in a win win, they can produce crap vape products like now, but won't care, because when their vape products don't cut for someone, they will just go back to smoking their cigs again.

Also this isn't just about the customers, if they get their way, it will close down 1000's of small businesses and put 1000's of people out of work, what greedy fuckers they are, instead of trying to crush the competition, produce better products, this is a growing market and plenty of room for everyone.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The thing that gets my undies in a twist over this is that Big Tobacco is hiding behind the idea of public health to get "open source" vaping products banned. BIG TOBACCO + PUBLIC HEALTH = TOTAL BULLSHIT
Anyone with half a brain knows that this doesn't add up. Only problem is, those who make these kinds of decisions just accept the information presented to them. Not sure if it's true ignorance or just greed since BT is lining pockets.

As someone who likes to convert smokers all I can say is snatch up RDA's and mech mods. Learn to make your own juice too. They can't ban cotton balls, kanthal wire, batteries, VG, PG, and flavorings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Outlawed-done_Xx.jpg~original.jpeg

You would think they would learn from the Booze wars, then the drugs wars and now maybe the vaping wars....
Government is owned by Big business and crooked Rich politicos.
always was and always will be til, we the people, take back our Country....

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wouldn't worry too much: the technology behind vaping products is so simple that any ban is likely to result immediately in a huge underground cottage industry of DIY mods and atomizers, and hush-hush black markets to procure nicotine base liquids - the only ingredient not easily available to make a vaping setup, but nowhere near as dodgy or dangerous a marketplace as the ones for illegal drugs.

If our corrupt powers-that-be try to legislate vaping out of existence, I look forward to a new prohibition-style era, during which I fully intend to make out like a bandit :)

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
View attachment 5572

You would think they would learn from the Booze wars, then the drugs wars and now maybe the vaping wars....
Government is owned by Big business and crooked Rich politicos.
always was and always will be til, we the people, take back our Country....

This is seriously fucked up. What a messed up way to go about this. What you say is so true.

And corporotocracy or corporate capitalism is what this, and our government is. We aren't ruled by a dictator, thus not fascism, but rather we're ruled by corporations and their money, with this being a perfect example. It's fucked up, and a broken system no matter how you look at it. It's corrupt, and almost organized crime.

Mechs won't disappear, I had thought of the 510 flashlight idea, and sure enough they popped up. Some ebay vendors are selling mechs with them. Can't ban a flashlight. Really, nicotine is the biggest concern. Can't ban flavorings or PG and VG either.

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The only thing that will trump big tobacco is if the gov. is allowed to tax the hell out of open system equipment and juice which is what I see coming. Price of a 30ML bottle of juice will double. Money ALWAYS talks when it comes to our greedy government. Give them millions of new tax $ and they'll all of a sudden claim vaping is the best thing ever.

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
Ya'll have to stop and realize a few things! Can the FDA Ban ECigs/Juice etc than can try but NO.... Can they Regulate our stuff, well they can try but NO... WHY You ask? BECAUSE We've learned throughout the years, to make it ourselves! Many of us can make mods/juice/atty's etc... So how can they "supposedly" regulate/ban something, if they have NO control?????

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Knowing how creative and industrious vapers are, someone will modify the Blu and Vuse if only to mock them. Is it necessary? No. It'd be funny, though.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you can already refill the cartomizers on those things, at least the green smokes. I've done it a couple of times. Just have to pop off the mouth tip and pull out a ring sitting on top of the filler material and viola, refillable cartomizer.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The problem, ultimately, isn't the hardware - a heating element and a wick, how hard can it be? The problem is what you put in it, and more specifically, nicotine in a liquid carrier. As long as *that* is available, we'll be fine. If it's outlawed, black market, smuggling and lack of quality control will ensue...

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ya'll have to stop and realize a few things! Can the FDA Ban ECigs/Juice etc than can try but NO.... Can they Regulate our stuff, well they can try but NO... WHY You ask? BECAUSE We've learned throughout the years, to make it ourselves! Many of us can make mods/juice/atty's etc... So how can they "supposedly" regulate/ban something, if they have NO control?????
That's what the moonshiners I grew up with thought too. But look how that worked out. Moonshine is very hard to find now but heavily taxed/regulated liquor is in stores on every corner.

Last edited:

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's why people put up with taxes (be it sales tax on moonshine, or any other product, or income tax...) - or Mafia protection too for that matter: it's just a little bit easier to pay up than to invest time and money to build up an illegal business and go underground. But nothing other than the law prevents you from making moonshine.

The law ain't worth much, considering how honest those who pass laws are. But the police/revenuers who enforce the law, and the penal system, make it hard to consider sidestepping it for ordinary, law-abiding folks.

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Exactly Giraut. That's why I see heavy tax and regulation on juice coming.

Zombiewoof

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is it not true that you could buy liquid nicotine for quite a few years already? I mean they sell it for people that make their own nic gum ect. I guess that it would effect more than just the e-juice market. I just really worry about this. As far as hardware goes, I don't see how they can stop the sale of kanthal or a milled device with screws in it, it would just have to be marketed as something else. Cotton will always be available and I can't see how they can stop the sale of PG/VG or flavorings. It's early and I haven't had any coffee yet so I'm probably just rambling. o_O

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hmmm....you gave me an idea...moonshine flavored juice. May spend some time in my mad scientists lab on that.....:cool:
That sounds absolutely horrendous, but the inspiration behind it makes it incredible. ;)

I'm confident I could drop to 0 nic whenever, at this point, so as much as this all pisses me off, I'm not too worried for myself. It's just such a shame that the only tobacco cessation product that worked for me will be available only in a half assed neutered form of cig alikes. I started with those long ago, and found my way back to tobacco multiple times. I'd be ordering snus still and shoving those Swedish pouches in my mouth if I hadn't found a local vape shop about a year ago. I hope this shit doesn't ruin vaping for newcomers.

Again, mechs won't disappear. Regulated devices might become scarce, however, they could be flashlights, too. It's the juice that is worrisome.

VU Sponsors