Become a Patron!

Glass or Plastic bottles what is your choice and why?

Which Bottle type do you prefer

• Glass

Votes: 40 80.0%
  • Plastic

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters

Delion

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just trying to get a idea of which type of bottles most people prefer to use in their mixing process. This is for the final mix that is the final product.

avaper2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I prefer glass, it seems cleaner somehow.Nothing leeching out of plastic into the juice.But I hate plastic water bottles too, On the downside, glass is breakable. I am just more careful with them.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Glass for storage , plastic for the actual filling and carrying around.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Glass all the way. Plastic is still questionable as far as leeching is concerned to me. I'm no scientist but glass just seems like the smarter bet.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I feel like glass offers a cleaner and safer way to keep my e liquids stored. Plus Ive always had a thing for glass bottles, i decorate my house with old glass bottles from the early 1900's.

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glass for everything other than carrying with me. For the latter I use stainless steel (the Innokin Ucan).

The glass bottles are either 30 or 60ml brown Boston Round bottles since I can get those on Amazon for $8 to $10 per dozen.

Reactions: Edd

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Glass for everything other than carrying with me. For the latter I use stainless steel (the Innokin Ucan).

The glass bottles are either 30 or 60ml brown Boston Round bottles since I can get those on Amazon for $8 to $10 per dozen.
Man the prices I have seen on amazon are usually brutal for glass bottles.

Check out Ecigdisplays for the 30ml, you'll pay half the price. For 60ml+ check out the glass bottle section of US Plastic

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mostly glass. All nic goes in glass but some mixes go in plastic needle tip bottles for things that the glass dropper won't work for.

latinouno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
All my mixes go in glass, only use plastic 10ml bottles when I travel. It goes quickly.

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glass. I pull VG with a glass syringe and no needle and it's practically impossible to squirt it into one of those plastic bottles without it backing up in the narrow ass neck of the stupid bottle and spilling all over the table. I generally use U-cans for carry when I'm on the go with a RDA.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glass for nic storage, glass for mixing and steeping, and glass for my own stuff. Plastic bottles for friends :p

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man the prices I have seen on amazon are usually brutal for glass bottles.

Check out Ecigdisplays for the 30ml, you'll pay half the price. For 60ml+ check out the glass bottle section of US Plastic

If you’re buying in huge quantities there are probably better choices, but for small amounts it’s hard to beat a delivered price from Amazon. For example, for 12 amber 30ml bottles from ecigdisplays.com, the cost is only $3.72. However, the cheapest shipping option to VA is $16.72, which brings the cost to $20.44.

The last 12 pck of 30mls I bought from Amazon was about $9 shipped.

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glass, glass, and more glass.
I keep a couple of 10ml plastic bottles around for travel and in my backup kit.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you’re buying in huge quantities there are probably better choices, but for small amounts it’s hard to beat a delivered price from Amazon. For example, for 12 amber 30ml bottles from ecigdisplays.com, the cost is only $3.72. However, the cheapest shipping option to VA is $16.72, which brings the cost to $20.44.

The last 12 pck of 30mls I bought from Amazon was about $9 shipped.
Oh my. That's wicked. I guess I just never looked @ it from that perspective. US Plastics charges for shipping too. Oh well :-( Sorry.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Glass. Tastes cleaner. No plastic taste. Can heat steep bottles. Easy to clean and re-use.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I rather like the plastic bottles with the needle tips.

Glass bottles are far to easy to knock over and spill for a clutz like me.

Delion

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I rather like the plastic bottles with the needle tips.

kinda sounds like me!

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had a 10% malic acid solution that stayed in a plastic bottle for a year. A month ago I tasted it on my tongue, curious... tasted like liquid plastic. Fucking yikes.

Can't remember where I read someone saying that after a year or so the black rubber plungers can taint juice. I hate to spread rumors as this hasn't been my experience but for now I'm buying stuff with white stoppers when I have a choice and no premium in price.

Some finds in my recent shopping adventures, for u.s. shoppers

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q3GLPRC...UTF8&colid=FCE7GQALF6HM&coliid=I3IB792LQMDCQ3
Cheap and perdy, 25 for $20 after shipping, 1oz blue w/white stopper ($.80 ea. after ship)
Haven't tried these, plan to

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271715041250?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
12 .5oz Amber Glass Bottle White Glass Dropper for $9, free shipping ($.75 ea.)
Glass is great, cap threads surprisingly smooth (several turns), dropper assembly is on the flimsy side (cold VG is slow) but works fine

Last edited:

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm a bit confused when I see that, that many people prefer glass bottles. I do like the idea of glass bottles, but I really do prefer tip cap, over eye droppers.
There's a lot of people in the vaping community that uses RDA's, and I would think that 99% of them uses plastic bottles, simply because of tip cap. Never seen anyone actually stress with a eye dropper when re-wicking the RDA.

I don't use a RDA, but since so many people do, and all of them pretty much use plastic bottles, I doubt there is that much of a difference between glass bottles and plastic bottles.

I'm waiting for glass and plastic bottles in the mail, and I'm still not sure what to use. I think I will go with the plastic bottles, simply because I prefer tip caps, and the eye droppers I personally have tried, has been really bad. They eye-dropper only fills up like 1/4-1/3 of the capacity, which makes filling really frustrating.

it's surely some difference, but not that big as people think it is. There's a reason why so many people use plastic bottles. If the plastic would effect the flavor that much as it seems people think, there would be an alternative for plastic bottles, except for the glass bottles of course.

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use glass all the except when I travel by airplane.

Glass is so much easier to clean when thinking about sanitation. You can melt plastic with really hot water...or atlesst degrade it. I like my stuff very very clean.

In general.

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Opps...in general a lot of people use plastic because it is what they are used to. For a one time use plastic is fine. Maybe a 2nd, 3rd , or 4th time it is ok.

However after continuing to reuse a plastic container, I don't care what type of plastic (bpa free, and so on), there will be some break down. Maybe not a plastic flavor, but there will also be some micro cracks. Those cracks do get larger over time. Those cracks can have bacteria growing in them. That is why most plastic containers are thrown away after one use in the food industry.

Me personally, Id prefer not to have those cracks. I have seen the bottles the brick and motor shops use and they didn't look like they were in the best shape. I never thought about it until now, but now I can only think of how dirty those bottles must be.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My preference is glass bottles but for convenience plastic bottles with thin tips sure make filling up the various sub tanks and RDA's I use a lot easier. Just this morning I was filling up my OBS 6mil tank with a glass bottle dropper and it felt like it took forever because I was in such a hurry. I regretted not picking a flavor that I had in a plastic bottle with thin tip as it is faster and less messy. I also find that some glass bottle dripper caps will leak a little when shaking a mix, this is even on some cleaned out premium juice bottle. For big mixes in my 120 ml glass bottles I use those poly seal caps and transfer into a plastic bottle for daily use using a funnel or syringe.

Quality wise glass bottle are my preference but convenience wise plastic takes it handily for me.

wheelhouse

Unlisted Vendor
I lean towards glass (mostly for aesthetics), but plastic feels (at least 'to me') a little more comfortable for taking with me on the go. But if you're on the fence, check out the eCig Juice Bottle Buying Guide from Freund Container. Has a lot of helpful info for DIY bottling -- compares bottle tips and materials, including things like acid resistance, durability, etc. Good stuff!

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yea, I'm not the only one. I like the idea of using glass, but I fumbled with plastic bottles too much to make the switch.
I prefer using glass or metal for RTA/RDA's. I would like all my flavors kept in glass, but most are not.

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Glass. It is cleaner, more elegant, and better for the environment.

nmclemente

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
glass for sure. it seems cleaner, looks "premium" and i can always reuse the bottles when they are empty. the droppers in glass bottles also trump squeezing juice out of a weird plastic ones.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like to mix Menthol in Plastic and watch bizzarre sculptures form but prefer glass

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I like to mix Menthol in Plastic and watch bizzarre sculptures form but prefer glass

Really? I've never tried this. Does it actually cause weird structures to form?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Really? I've never tried this. Does it actually cause weird structures to form?
depends on the plastic type sometimes it will eat it "Bit its head off like a Gingerbread man" in the old days of plastic tanks I have seen it consume the plastic nothing left.. pretty freaking cool what type of plastic is a question in the world of Chinese plastic

nmclemente

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
depends on the plastic type sometimes it will eat it "Bit its head off like a Gingerbread man" in the old days of plastic tanks I have seen it consume the plastic nothing left.. pretty freaking cool what type of plastic is a question in the world of Chinese plastic
Do you think theres any relation between the menthol flavouring doing that, and menthol cigarettes apparently crystallizing lungs?

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do you think theres any relation between the menthol flavouring doing that, and menthol cigarettes apparently crystallizing lungs?

The good lord made menthol taste terrible in order to protect us from these very occurrences. :D

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anything that is short term, three months or less, I keep in plastic. Nic and longer term go in glass. None of the flavors we use, including a mint/menthol, seem to affect polypropylene so far, but we avoid cinnamon and citrus, the biggest culprits. For my pocket and my wife's purse, the triangular polypropylene bottles from Mr. E Liquid with needle tips are perfect. I need to buy more juice just so I can hoard those bottles lol!

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For big batch mixes and storage, glass.

For using to fill tanks or drip, 30 mil plastic bottles with needle drip tips.

Glass is messy as hell to use, IMO. It get slopped on the neck of the bottle and the drip glass makes a mess. IMO, most people want glass because they believe the juice is only premium if it comes in a glass bottle.

VU Sponsors