Become a Patron!

Glow evenly if I'm lucky..

Dalton801

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I swear to god. All I want is a evenly glowing setup. To my eyes they are both almost perfectly evenly spaced from the post but will not light up evenly. Gimme some tips please!! What I usually build is a dual coil setup, 6 wraps around a 2.4mm drillbit.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What gauge. If it is larger than 24, burn it, wrap it, put the coil in tweezers and burn it again, place it, test fire and squeeze with tweezers until it lights from the middle. 24 and under, ignore the first 2 burns.

Once it is placed, I will usually get 1 glowing from the middle and one with hot spots. The hot spots will glow faster and when I fix the spots it glows slower. If they don't light up at the same rate, I will tweez the faster one, even if it is even.

bryce666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had same problems on my first build. Try getting them on the same centers up and down. A little movement goes a long way in my experiences. Make sure your posts are snug. Re-check your screws after each time you adjust your coil. I don't have tons of experience like alot of people here. But this has always fixed my even burn problems. As long as the coil wraps are spaced properly and leg lengths are the same.

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

VU Sponsors