Become a Patron!

Goblin leaks but not from fill hole!

Have rebuilt over and over, done the suggested cotton in channels, reseated coils, chimney, glass, and changed wire gauge size. Juice continues to get sucked up like a straw in a shake and flows out the air holes.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi, and welcome to the vaping underground...hope you enjoy it here and stay awhile :)

Look, I don't have a Goblin so I can't answer specifically to it but I can throw a couple ideas out there that might help that help with tanks in general...You said you've tried cotton in the juice channels but have you changed your cotton density? Usually I say less is more but more might be the answer in this case...a little extra, and I mean a little, can make a huge difference....Also you say the juice gets sucked up like a straw in a shake and then leaks out the airflow? How open is your airflow and how hard of pulls are you taking?

I don't know how long you've been vaping so forgive me if you know this, I am just trying to help based on what you said...but vaping on these sub ohm tanks you need a much softer pull than off cheap clearos and analogs. You can still suck a bunch of air in but you have to do it gently...especially if you have the airflow partially closed...the less airflow you have open and the harder you suck on your tank the more juice is going to flow into the chamber. It sounds to me like you're taking too hard of draws and flooding the chamber and then it's leaking out the airflow holes. One way to clear the chamber is to hold the tank upside down (after you unscrew it from the mod,) pull off your drip it and take a paper towel and close your eyes and blow threw the juice channel catch the excess liquid that comes out the airflow holes with the paper towel, then blow threw the airflow hole and catch the juice that comes out of the top with the paper towel...do this a couple times till little to no juice comes out anymore...that should clear out the flooding and balance out the pressure in the chamber to keep it wicking properly...it's very important to do this with the tank upside down because if you try it holding it rightside up as you blow threw it you'll cause the pressure change to wick more juice and it will just flood the chamber that much more...

I have to do this every time I fill my kayfun and my Tyfoon GS and more than once with my Kayfun mini or I have the same problem.

Best of luck to you and happy vaping! :)

travanx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Less wick is better. Pancake wicking worked best for me to stop exactly this from happening. Does it spit when you try to take a puff? Mine would leak really easily from the airholes when I filled too fast as well. Have you tried filling really really slowly? The goblin is way too finicky and I eventually gave up on it after seeing how easy a subtank is to rebuild and refill. The worst part is leaking from the fill port.

Just got a Lemo v2 today. I don't miss the goblin at all.

VU Sponsors