Become a Patron!

God mod 180 or Sigelei 150w

packers2430

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey guys I am looking for some input between the God mod 180w and Sigelei 150w, I am deciding between the two and unsure as to which one id get more use out of. I don't do really low sub ohm builds, I'm usually around .5 and up on my ipv3, however I have a credit at a shop by me and with it I could get either one and save some money so I am looking as to which one I should pick up this weekend. Battery life is huge to me as well as build quality and quality of the chip inside. I have read mixed reviews on both and was hoping anyone who owns either or both could help me out here. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

packers2430

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sigelei has a spring loaded 510 pin like my ipv3 does correct? Also do either has firmware updates possible as the IPV has ?

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sigelei will always trump SMY imo.

this.

I have read about quality control and safety issues with SMY mods, i have a sigelei 150W and am very happy with it!

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sigelei has a spring loaded 510 pin like my ipv3 does correct? Also do either has firmware updates possible as the IPV has ?

the sig150 does have a spring loaded 510 pin.

i don't believe it is update-able

packers2430

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Does anyone has any experience using both the God mod 180 and Sigelei 150w?

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

someone literally just posted a pic of their God mod melting from the inside.. I'm telling you - SMY devices are questionable at best.. if you want a solid - well built device with a reliable chipset - buy the Sigelei.. I don't think you will find many folks that will suggest SMY over Sigelei.

But it's your money - if you like the SMY for other reasons, then go for it :)

packers2430

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So Sigelei it is. I was looking at the dark horse RDA also, I have 24,26 and 28 gauge wire., what would be the best type of build ohm wise and wire gauge for higher watts?

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So Sigelei it is. I was looking at the dark horse RDA also, I have 24,26 and 28 gauge wire., what would be the best type of build ohm wise and wire gauge for higher watts?

Whatever you like, really.

I tend to build in the .5-.3 Ohm area. I use mostly 24 gauge.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
^^ what Free said.. I use 26g for my RDA's and 28g in my RBA's - all personal preference though

packers2430

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Is it better to just stay around the .3 to .5 ohm range if I try a few hits in the 100 watt range ?

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Is it better to just stay around the .3 to .5 ohm range if I try a few hits in the 100 watt range ?

Really, It all depends on what you LIKE. I don't vape at 100 watts. 60 is about the highest I'll go because I don't like a liquid lava hot vape.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
And I'll add since you sound new to RDA's, use a LOWER nic content if you are using nicotine.
DON'T vape high nic, or you'll puke. 3-6 MG is common.

packers2430

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The heat I don't mind, Iv done some 22 gauge builds to around .2 ohms on my mechs before, it was hot but I used it with certain juices that tasted better that way.

packers2430

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Iv been using RDAs and mechs for about a year and a half, I have an app that I put the ohms Etc in to make sure I don't go over amp limit of batteries, Iv just never used high wattage regulated devices before.

packers2430

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just want to be safe with it basically and not catch something on fire if it's too high watts

packers2430

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Lol no joke I was just looking at the two options for color before I head into work. One YouTube video I saw, the guy had a sleeve on his Sigelei when he opened the box, do they all come with that?

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Lol no joke I was just looking at the two options for color before I head into work. One YouTube video I saw, the guy had a sleeve on his Sigelei when he opened the box, do they all come with that?

I think all the 150's do. Anything before, I don't think did.

floresroach

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
next question: what color sigelei? lol
What color are your attys? I mean it's really all preference but I personally like the look of black & copper

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sigelei 150. Proven and reliable. My .02 (Ohms):D

packers2430

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I read some posts last night that the Sigelei Firing button was sticking if they pressed it and there finger slide down the button, is this common, have you guys experiences it or are they just white knuckling it possibly.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sig for sure. God mod is not only overkill but the machining isnt very good, and the buttons rattle.

packers2430

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Has anyone experienced a fire button that sticks on with the siegelei, I saw some videos where they pushed the fire button and it stuck on.

packers2430

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just got home with my Sigelei 150 and grabbed a dark horse RDA also, I have to say so far I like the feel of the Sigelei more than my ipv3. Waiting on more 22 gauge to come in the mail today to try a build tonight.

gdovinty

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just received my sigelei today slapped on my Igo-w6 with a quad coil build and it chucks at the full 150w.

packers2430

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just received my sigelei today slapped on my Igo-w6 with a quad coil build and it chucks at the full 150w.

What ohm did you build it at? How do you like the Igo-w6, Iv been looking at that one for a bit now.

gdovinty

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What ohm did you build it at? How do you like the Igo-w6, Iv been looking at that one for a bit now.

.6 ohm and the flavor kicks ass

Yes, I do. I bought the SMY 180 because I was excited about the size, color, battery life and wattage. I liked the feel of the clicky buttons. I vaped it for about a month before I gave in to buying the sigelei 150. The god is good for the size and battery life, but you can not build past .5 ohms. Also, I had a battery that was barely worn and totally blew the first time I stuck it in the god; never ever has happened to me with any other mod. Also, the sig has magnets for the battery door ( if you want to call it that" and the god has those itty bitty screws, def a pain in the but every night when I charged my batteries. Overall Sigelei is the way to go!!!

VU Sponsors