Become a Patron!

Going across border/through tsa with vape laws

In going to Hawaii for two weeks and I've never travelled with a vape before and I'm really unsure about the law. I read the Hawaii vaping laws and it dosent seem like they're banned just fairly restricted it seems? I live in Canada but I'm driving over the border to fly out of the state's because its cheaper am I gonna have a problem going across the border? And how do I take my vape on the plane. From what I've read if you have it in your carry on its fine? What about my juice. Sorry about this I tried to research it but some places said one thing and others said differently and I just wanna try and get everything straight so I don't have problems

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
In going to Hawaii for two weeks and I've never travelled with a vape before and I'm really unsure about the law. I read the Hawaii vaping laws and it dosent seem like they're banned just fairly restricted it seems? I live in Canada but I'm driving over the border to fly out of the state's because its cheaper am I gonna have a problem going across the border? And how do I take my vape on the plane. From what I've read if you have it in your carry on its fine? What about my juice. Sorry about this I tried to research it but some places said one thing and others said differently and I just wanna try and get everything straight so I don't have problems

I fly to Hawaii from Alaska from time to time

To get through TSA, you must take all of your batteries with you as carry on. They will confiscate if they are in checked baggage

Also, juice must be with your other liquids, in a clear bottle that is less than 100 mls in size.

I vaped all over Hawaii (except inside the airports) without issues many times

Hawaii is more tight on selling (must be 21 to buy) than not allowing it; most restaurants, hotels etc ban it the same as smoking

I have no idea on crossing the US/Canada border; haven't done it since I started vaping five years ago

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I travel a fair amount and have taken vapes all over the world. Carry the mods and batteries with you and whatever juice you need. I generally put the rest of the juice/rebuilding stuff in my dopp kit and in checked luggage. I have travelled with 16 lithium batteries in my backpack on numerous occasions and had no issues with it. I generally keep a flashlight in the same pocket just in case anyone has any questions. Mexico, Canada, England, Holland all travelled with no issues carrying vape stuff to/from. I think travelling with it is just a case of if you don't make a big deal about it, they wont.

There are some countries where its illegal, so not advised to carry it to those places.

Welcome to VU and hope you have a fun trip.

bluedodger

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you have Chubby Gorilla bottles in any vape juice sizes I think it is a good idea to only take them if the bottles are not full. A full Chubby Gorilla will probably leak at altitude. So if it is full, keep it in a plastic bag. I think you should have about 20% empty space in each bottle of vape juice that you are traveling on a plane with. The same goes for tanks except I would have those at half full tops before getting on board. The tank will still porbably leak a little bit but you want to minimize it.

VU Sponsors