Become a Patron!

Going to try a new mod... Im still new ;)

Hi forum. I recently have been looking at the iStick Pico 75W Mod that comes with a Melo III Mini Atomizer. It includes the following coils.
  • 1 x EC 0.3ohm Coil Head
  • 1 x EC 0.5ohm Coil Head
I am very new to using more complicated mods. What I want to know is, what base line setting should I set the mod to? Im not advanced enuf to use the temperature ranges (at least I don't think I am yet lol) and I just want to install the battery, charge it up and with probably the 0.3ohm coil head in the tank (how and what to adjust the ohm to?) and run the watts at 70 or so and enjoy my ejuice. What throws me off or gives me problems is the modes features of these mods.

Like these modes:
Output mode: VW/Bypass/TC(Ni,Ti,SS,TCR-M1,M2,M3) mode
Output wattage: 1-75W
Resistance range: 0.05-1.5ohm (TC modes)
Resistance range: 0.1-3.5ohm (VW/Bypass mode)
Temperature range: 100-315C/200-600F(TC modes)

Which one do I pick for the coils that come with the melo 3 mini? Perhaps one of you guys can write me up a setup list of this to do to it settings wise, before I use it. Not knowing how or what to adjust the ohms and modes settings is really the only reason I haven't purchased a nicer mod.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Welcome Chuck!

What I want to know is, what base line setting should I set the mod to?

Start with very low wattage, as little as 10 or 15 watts

Slowly increase the wattage until the vape produces the taste and amount of vapor that is pleasing to you :)

It's that simple - the Pico is an excellent choice for a first mod - hope you enjoy it

just want to install the battery, charge it up and with probably the 0.3ohm coil head in the tank (how and what to adjust the ohm to) and run the watts at 70 or so and enjoy my ejuice.

70 watts is likely waaayyyy too high and will burn the coil. Once a coil is burned, there is no way to get the nasty taste out of it, so start low or it could ruin the coil very quickly

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome Chuck!

Start with very low wattage, as little as 10 or 15 watts

Slowly increase the wattage until the vape produces the taste and amount of vapor that is pleasing to you :)

It's that simple - the Pico is an excellent choice for a first mod - hope you enjoy it
So everything i was gonna say was said by juicylucy.
Throw out your "i think 70w is wat will b best". New mod and set up to learn. I used to vape at 75 or 80w but now my all day set up rarely goes over 40w. Don't hesitate to play with it and find your sweet spot. Most of all have fun with it.
WELCOME TO THE UNDERGROUND

Thank you both for the replies. Also thanks for the welcome :wave:
So I don't have to change the ohms or output mode with this mod and tank? Will it do it automaticly or something? Lol. I guess im just afraid of charging one of these things up, going to use it with just any old setting and end up breaking it or damaging the coil or hurt the mod.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
So I don't have to change the ohms or output mode with this mod and tank? Will it do it automaticly or something? Lol.
I honestly have no personal experience with this mod. But some1 here on vu will.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
You have questions you are in the rite place to ask them and get good answers

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
Chuck
Welcome to the wonderful world of the Melo/Atlantis/Tobeco coil family.
Here is a great resource for what coils fit your tank and what tanks fit your coils.
@georgemeadal did the grunt work on this thread.
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/aspire-atlantis-coil-fits.110143/

Without going into all of the other settings, you need to use the variable wattage (vw) setting for the coils that come with the kit. The 0.3 ohm coil has a recommended wattage range from 30-80 watts and it's 30-100 watts for the 0.5 ohm coil (I'm sure that info is printed on the side of the coil). Start out at a lower wattage and work your way up to what you consider the "sweet spot"; just sayin' ....it might not be at 70 watts, it might be at 40 watts.

Not suggesting that you buy coils from this site, just providing it as an info resource.
https://www.eleafus.com/ec-atomizer-head.html

Not a bad choice on the mod. I'm happy with mine.
431E4BE8-63A8-4684-8EF0-B22778931690.jpeg

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
friggin' quick draw Alaskan
"No big whoop....lemme go take a picture of that Pico mod to go with the post" .....and "boom"
Juicy beats me to the punch
derp

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
The mod should turn on into wattage mode. It may ask you to confirm the Ω of the coil. then just set the wattage low, like said, and go up a little at a time. Adjusting airflow in different places will change how it vapes too. Wattage and airflow. If the coil is new, make sure it's fully saturated before firing it.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So I don't have to change the ohms or output mode with this mod and tank? Will it do it automaticly or something? Lol. I guess im just afraid of charging one of these things up, going to use it with just any old setting and end up breaking it or damaging the coil or hurt the mod.

That is not a Pico, lol

Lol... I will just try the VW setting, confirm the ohm and slowly increase my wattage till I find the sweet spot like you all say. Im looking forward to having better vapor, im almost sure that the pico will give me better clouds then my little beater mod.

Can anyone refer me to an online vape shop that will carry this mod + batteries, that's a good reputable online store and will surely have it in stock?

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
You referenced a Pico mod but posted a picture of a kit that is not a Pico.

What kind of kit did you decide to choose?

Do you want to get a kit from a US warehouse or do you have the patience to wait on an overseas delivery?

Batteries? I wouldn't recommend getting batteries where you get your vaping hardware. Batteries other than Samsung, Sanyo, or LG are notorious for being "rewraps" with unreliable mAh and amp ratings.
Just my opinion, I'm sure others may have had good experiences with other brands.
Stick with the Holy Troika of Battery Suppliers (per The Battery Mooch) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCePHh3NMvu3rW2LFJeOWo-Q
www.illumn.com
www.liionwholesale.com
www.imrbatteries.com

You referenced a Pico mod but posted a picture of a kit that is not a Pico.

What kind of kit did you decide to choose?

Do you want to get a kit from a US warehouse or do you have the patience to wait on an overseas delivery?

Batteries? I wouldn't recommend getting batteries where you get your vaping hardware. Batteries other than Samsung, Sanyo, or LG are notorious for being "rewraps" with unreliable mAh and amp ratings.
Just my opinion, I'm sure others may have had good experiences with other brands.
Stick with the Holy Troika of Battery Suppliers (per The Battery Mooch) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCePHh3NMvu3rW2LFJeOWo-Q
www.illumn.com
www.liionwholesale.com
www.imrbatteries.com

What I ment by the picture I posted was that I already bought that kit in the picture a few weeks ago and am just using it as a beater. The iSTICK Pico 75w is the kit I would like to order soon. I would like to order an authentic kit from the US and not have to wait as long for an overseas shipment.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

The mod will automatically sense the ohms that the coil is.

You will have a few different output modes - watts, volts, TC (temperature control) but the one you want to begin with is watts.

The wattage just goes in a number from one (or 5 on some devices) to as high as the device goes. (the pico goes to 75)

I'd personally start a 0.5ohm coil at around 25 or 30 watts then work my way up slowly until I find a good number.

The mod will automatically sense the ohms that the coil is.

You will have a few different output modes - watts, volts, TC (temperature control) but the one you want to begin with is watts.

The wattage just goes in a number from one (or 5 on some devices) to as high as the device goes. (the pico goes to 75)

I'd personally start a 0.5ohm coil at around 25 or 30 watts then work my way up slowly until I find a good number.

Neat I didn't know it would autosense the coil ohm, thanks for the tip :)

I will start with the 0.5ohm coil at 25watts and see where I like it.

I will use it in watts mode to start off with. Thanks a lot for this info!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
That link you have from Breezy is an authentic pico kit..

They have a rep that is a well liked member on the forum.

The only clone stuff they may have is RDAs and mechanical mods.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Neat thanks everyone. I got the breazy site bookmarked.. :D
It was a spring sale. I was going to jump on it yesterday or the day before. I decided not to because I have enough mods to use. But now they sold out so no more for that price. I've seen that kit around on other site for $45-55.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
It was a spring sale. I was going to jump on it yesterday or the day before. I decided not to because I have enough mods to use. But now they sold out so no more for that price. I've seen that kit around on other site for $45-55.
Well, that was quick. they must have had a color at the end that wasn't as popular, and lowered it to $11.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, that was quick. they must have had a color at the end that wasn't as popular, and lowered it to $11.
I had three in my cart before I posted about it here. I usually order stuff that looks like a great deal. But I restrained myself lol. When those came out I really wanted one too.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
No brainer for stuff like that at those prices, if you can make use of it that is. Like you, I don't need it but for someone that does, even for a back, up ya have to be fast sometimes.

Hey can you guys tell me if this battery will work fine in my istick pico 75w mod? Picture is below.

Attachments

• 55935464_444512269620253_346037835637194752_n.jpg
    55935464_444512269620253_346037835637194752_n.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 7

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hey can you guys tell me if this battery will work fine in my istick pico 75w mod? Picture is below.

I wouldn't recommend it. It's a 15A battery. You'll be safer in the long run if you stick with 20-30A batteries. That mod uses 18650s, so Samsung 25R or 20S, Sony VTC 5A or 6. I don't know the model numbers on the LG batteries but there are some good LGs too. 15A isn't a good idea, because you eventually will go beyond that 25W vaping on a Pico, and 15A will not be sufficient.

ETA: What you want to be careful of is the CONTINUOUS DISCHARGE RATE of the battery. That value needs to be at least 20A. If you ever move into mechanical mods, you'll need a higher discharge rate than 20A. Buy your batteries from reputable battery dealers, some have been recommended to you already, not off eBay or even from your brick & mortar vape store.

Last edited:

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Agreed on that recommendation. I vape my daily rig at 35 to 40 watts. N run 2 samsung 30q's. That's the rite balance 4 me being 20a and 3000mah. But if you are gonna push close to the 75 w max on the mod more amps r needed.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Agreed on that recommendation. I vape my daily rig at 35 to 40 watts. N run 2 samsung 30q's. That's the rite balance 4 me being 20a and 3000mah. But if you are gonna push close to the 75 w max on the mod more amps r needed.

Regardless of what battery is in it, pushing that Pico anywhere close to 75W isn't a good idea. I wouldn't vape that thing at more than 45 or 50W myself, and possibly not that high if I was really vaping a lot.

Just the other day we had that guy vaping his iStick at 60W (mod max was 80W) and he was wrapping the damn thing in paper towels because it got so hot.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Regardless of what battery is in it, pushing that Pico anywhere close to 75W isn't a good idea. I wouldn't vape that thing at more than 45 or 50W myself, and possibly not that high if I was really vaping a lot.

Just the other day we had that guy vaping his iStick at 60W (mod max was 80W) and he was wrapping the damn thing in paper towels because it got so hot.
I personally wouldn't take that unit over 40. Jmho

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Sorry. Think I went into mouth-overload there for a sec. Didn't mean to be an ass.
A question was asked and you gave your honest opinion. Which include safety issues too. That's not being an ass. Thats looking out for fellow vapers. Knowing a batteries limits is a must. And it isn't like they can just trust a vape shop employee. At my local shop they just say here these 18650's are the best. With no regard 4 build. Mod or wattage usage.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I wouldn't use it. IMREN doesn't make batteries so there's no way to tell what's really under that wrapper or what the amps or mah are. It's probably closer to 10A if it's 3500Mah.

If your going to be say 50w or under then Samsung 30Q. 15-20A
For consistantly above 50W Molicel P26A is 25A for that 75W mod
https://liionwholesale.com/products...ributor-inr-18650-p26a?variant=16132682154078

Thanks for the help. How about this one?

Attachments

• 55925796_658918444546913_5183749806551465984_n.jpg
    55925796_658918444546913_5183749806551465984_n.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 55961885_2370360099851785_6975342323987120128_n.jpg
    55961885_2370360099851785_6975342323987120128_n.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 6

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Are those batteries one's you already have?

If it's not made by
Samsung
LG
Molicel
Sony
then it's a no in my book. Just about everything else is rebranded garbage.
Your showing us what the label says. do not trust the label. They lie.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Good choice.

I don't know anything about Lithicore batteries, other than it's not a recommended brand.

VU Sponsors