Become a Patron!

Going to try the do it myself route

Rock Hunter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Forgive my ignorance first off.. after a few vendor phuk ups I've decided to go my own way..

I would like to do 0 nic

My question is, can I just get the PG/VG and flavors and begin to mix?

Thx in advance

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Forgive my ignorance first off.. after a few vendor phuk ups I've decided to go my own way..

I would like to do 0 nic

My question is, can I just get the PG/VG and flavors and begin to mix?

Thx in advance

Yup - if you're doing zero nic you only need the pg/vg, and flavoring - as you say!

LoveVanilla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, you're on your way. Just watch out for flavors with diacetyl , acetyl propionyl and acetoin (and suppliers who provide false information or refuse to disclose). The good news is you now have full control of juice contents. Enjoy!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
haHa..rubbing my hands together like a mad scientist

Going to buy me a lab coat as well...

I'm at 3mg nic now and don't see a need to include nic ( 6 or above gives me a buzz )

EXCITED!!!

Just as a heads up, though, going from 3mg to zero might be harder than you think. If you do need to add nic, it's not hard at all - just be sure to use a calculator so you don't accidentally overdo it!

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I went from 6mg to 0mg, I carried two tanks one with 6mg and one with 0mg. I would use the 0mg most of the time but during those times I would run across stupid (getting cut off driving, something breaks, dealing with stupid people) I would take a couple hits off the 6mg tank.

Bplus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good luck to ya! Only advice is to start simple. I jumped into the deep end, sunk to the bottom, and have spent the last 20 days or so swimming back to the shallow end. ;). At the end of the day I'm having fun and it's challenging me. I think that's all that matters.

Rock Hunter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just as a heads up, though, going from 3mg to zero might be harder than you think. If you do need to add nic, it's not hard at all - just be sure to use a calculator so you don't accidentally overdo it!

I alternate now between 0 & 3 without problems..I can go long periods w/o the nic, so not to worried. My goal of vaping was to quit completely from the hand to mouth shit, which I found was the hardest from cessation of the stinky. I didn't want to wind up with another money pit habit ( that hasn't gone to well, for now I procure vaping stuff with a reckless abandon..like a cat staring at a shiny object.."gotta have it, gotta have it" mentality. )
Seems though my biggest expense is the sauce.. and when vendors raise prices, forget orders, don't include stuff that provides the basics for using the product..phuk 'em. I'll just make my own, the way I want, and the way I like it.
It's all about me in this adventure.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I alternate now between 0 & 3 without problems..I can go long periods w/o the nic, so not to worried. My goal of vaping was to quit completely from the hand to mouth shit, which I found was the hardest from cessation of the stinky. I didn't want to wind up with another money pit habit ( that hasn't gone to well, for now I procure vaping stuff with a reckless abandon..like a cat staring at a shiny object.."gotta have it, gotta have it" mentality. )
Seems though my biggest expense is the sauce.. and when vendors raise prices, forget orders, don't include stuff that provides the basics for using the product..phuk 'em. I'll just make my own, the way I want, and the way I like it.
It's all about me in this adventure.

Absolutely! Not sure I can ever get rid of the hand-to-mouth habit, but I think the nic is likely something that will eventually go - at least very low. Not that I'm concerned any more about nicotine than I am caffeine!

I developed a love for Five Pawns juice when I first started vaping. That would have made this one of the most expensive hobbies I've ever had! Thank heavens for DIY:D

Rock Hunter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ไม่ เยอรมัน แต่ใน ไทย ( and it really does not pay enough since I spend half the year in Asia )

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Uh. I took the wrong turn at Albuquoikie.

When I went from 6mg to 0mg, I carried two tanks one with 6mg and one with 0mg. I would use the 0mg most of the time but during those times I would run across stupid (getting cut off driving, something breaks, dealing with stupid people) I would take a couple hits off the 6mg tank.
This... cracked me up! Run across stupid... lmao!

VU Sponsors