Become a Patron!

Goliath RTA

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let's talk about this one...
I received mine from Triangle Vapes for $32 and change with delivery. They shipped very fast. So far, I really like it. I'm using dual 27g 6 wrap coils on a 2.0 mm or so mandrel that come out to about .5 ohm. There is plenty of airflow and I'm vaping at 55 watts. The juice control is easy to operate and shut off the juice so I can throw it in my pocket without worry of it spilling. The flavor is truly amazing, and that's not something I throw around easily.I believe it because the build deck is so fucking tiny, that it's impossible for air to flow through without coming in extremely close contact with the coil. That's great for flavor, but I do feel as if the deck is too small to build a nice coil on without it shorting out against the chimney. The airflow is rather loud compared to my other attys or my drilled out orchid. People say It's a juice hog, but I don't see it being terrible. My orchid seemed worse.
So far I like it, but not as much as I thought I was going to. It's much better than my orchids ever were though. What are your thoughts?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let's talk about this one...
I received mine from Triangle Vapes for $32 and change with delivery. They shipped very fast. So far, I really like it. I'm using dual 27g 6 wrap coils on a 2.0 mm or so mandrel that come out to about .5 ohm. There is plenty of airflow and I'm vaping at 55 watts. The juice control is easy to operate and shut off the juice so I can throw it in my pocket without worry of it spilling. The flavor is truly amazing, and that's not something I throw around easily.I believe it because the build deck is so fucking tiny, that it's impossible for air to flow through without coming in extremely close contact with the coil. That's great for flavor, but I do feel as if the deck is too small to build a nice coil on without it shorting out against the chimney. The airflow is rather loud compared to my other attys or my drilled out orchid. People say It's a juice hog, but I don't see it being terrible. My orchid seemed worse.
So far I like it, but not as much as I thought I was going to. It's much better than my orchids ever were though. What are your thoughts?
Hows the flavor compared to a dripped?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
was just considering the goblin, then saw they already put out the goliath, which do you prefer and why?

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Honestly, the flavor on the Goliath beats all my drippers. It hits extremely well. It's kind of a pain in the ass so far, but I have faith that once set up properly, I'll be good to go. I prefer it over my orchids 100%. I've never tried a goblin, but I would never be satisfied with bottom filling.

After using it all day, my ohms are mysteriously jumping all over the place. Everything seems fine, but I need to do a breakdown when I get home to figure it out.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Bad connection somewhere

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I did a pre-order for less than $30 shipped...went out today! Excited to try it!

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope. New build and well washed. Played with the positive screw and the insulator. No dice. It's bouncing all over the place. ...damn

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
510 insulator maybe? my sqr was doing that

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got it. I think it's due to the machining. There are rough spots inside. Regardless, I'm back and running at .4 at 55 watts. I get random dry hits at 60 watts. The flavor is again fantastic.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the goblin is more flavorful than this??? What do u think?
BIGBOYVAPER

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I couldn't imagine the goblin being better. I'm satisfied. This RTA hits well, fills easily enough, and won't leak if closed off (which isn't a chore to do). It is however a large piece and the build deck is small. The chimney literally scrapes my coils when I slide it on. The coils are 2.4mm 6 wrap of 26g and positioned as close to the posts as I can possibly get them.

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Rhyno636 Glad your happy with it. Been checking 2 times a day for mine to get here. Then today I get an email from the retailor. Apparently youde switched the bar codes between the goliath and the goblin. I'll be receiving a goblin by mistake. Either keep it or send it back and reorder. What a pain !!
Ordered one locally in stock. Cost a little more but I'll have it tomorrow. Contemplated keeping the goblin but I think I've had enough of carrying a screwdriver with me to fill my tank. Besides I like my atty on steroids !!

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well got the goliath today, finnaly. Good flavor and vapor. But shit the deck is tight. Built dual 3mm 26 AWG 8 wrap coils .6 ohms. Not sure how there is any room for air to get by on this tiny deck. I thought the maganus was hard on juice. This one beats it in consumption for sure. Conclusion -- This baby is impressive. Gonna mod it for top fill and maybe increase volume if I can find a longer glass tank.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But then you need a longer chimney. How do you intend to top fill it? And I don't think it's terrible with juice consumption, but that's probably because I can't get it to hit above 45 watts consistently without dry hits so I'm running it at low watts.

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the Goblin, but I love the Goliath. It solves the biggest problem I have with the Goblin: filling. The Goliath is super simple to fill, plus I really like having the ability to rewick without having to drain the tank. Having zero problems with dry hits with 90% VG juice with the juice flow wide open. Got mine from Triangle as well and liked it so much that I ordered a second one from them.

The only disappointment was the build quality. Normally UD gear arrives in good shape. The Goliath came soaked -- and I mean soaked -- in machine oil. Plus, one of the o-rings was mangled so much it had to be replaced with one from the spares kit. Threading on the deck was just OK -- needed some polishing to get rid of burrs. Seems like UD was trying to crank these out fast and let QC slip.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm getting slightly dry hits. It didn't seem to do this when in first got it. Perhaps an oring is torn. How are you building and wicking it?

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the Goblin, but I love the Goliath. It solves the biggest problem I have with the Goblin: filling. The Goliath is super simple to fill, plus I really like having the ability to rewick without having to drain the tank. Having zero problems with dry hits with 90% VG juice with the juice flow wide open. Got mine from Triangle as well and liked it so much that I ordered a second one from them.

The only disappointment was the build quality. Normally UD gear arrives in good shape. The Goliath came soaked -- and I mean soaked -- in machine oil. Plus, one of the o-rings was mangled so much it had to be replaced with one from the spares kit. Threading on the deck was just OK -- needed some polishing to get rid of burrs. Seems like UD was trying to crank these out fast and let QC slip.
And what wattage?

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dual coil, 28g, 0.6 ohms. Can't remember the number of wraps -- perhaps 8? Wrapped on a 2 mm rod. Like the Goblin, there's not much room, but I think I can get a 2.5mm coil in there -- going to try that next. Cotton just to the top of the juice channel. Took a couple of tries to get the cotton right. Wound up using less than I initially expected with the ends fluffed but not entering the channel.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dual coil, 28g, 0.6 ohms. Can't remember the number of wraps -- perhaps 8? Wrapped on a 2 mm rod. Like the Goblin, there's not much room, but I think I can get a 2.5mm coil in there -- going to try that next. Cotton just to the top of the juice channel. Took a couple of tries to get the cotton right. Wound up using less than I initially expected with the ends fluffed but not entering the channel.
Wattage?

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm running at 60 to 65 watts. No dry hits but not chain vaping either. 80/20 vg/pg I think the 3mm coil helps with the extra wick it allows.
my plan for the top fill is using a kayfun topfill cap (see pic) Which I will modify and yes I may have to extend the chimney or make a custom threaded drip tip. Haven't got all the wrinkles worked out yet but will soon. Oh yah The oil in it at recept. I alway run my attys thru the ultrasonic cleaner wit a few drops of soap but I have never seen anything like this. I thought they sent me a used atty with juice in it. Oh well at least there was no chance of corrosion if dropped in the ocean for a year or so. LOLtopfill.jpg

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm running at 60 to 65 watts. No dry hits but not chain vaping either. 80/20 vg/pg I think the 3mm coil helps with the extra wick it allows.
my plan for the top fill is using a kayfun topfill cap (see pic) Which I will modify and yes I may have to extend the chimney or make a custom threaded drip tip. Haven't got all the wrinkles worked out yet but will soon. Oh yah The oil in it at recept. I alway run my attys thru the ultrasonic cleaner wit a few drops of soap but I have never seen anything like this. I thought they sent me a used atty with juice in it. Oh well at least there was no chance of corrosion if dropped in the ocean for a year or so. LOLView attachment 18590
I have a kayfun top fill, so please let me know how you work it out.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Japanese. 24 hours later and I still feel rayon has the edge. It's working out well. The Goliath at .5 wicked with rayon and wrapped with 26g running at 50 watts is very satisfying.

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my wife doesn't like it at all. Says its hard to see the tv screen with me huffing away on this thing. New house rule !! No vaping over 20 watts when shes watching tv. LOL

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
First @ej1024 - I have both. Had one of the first goblins from a FB contest I won from UD. Goliath is far superior. Flavor, ease of wicking and flavor production.

I have a dual 26g 11 (or 12) wrap on 2.5mm coiler. it reads 0.66 ohms. I oriented them vertically and wicked the bejeebus out of it. Wrapped both coils in a figure 8 looking down from the top and "X'd" two strips across the top to drop in the juice wells. Spits juice at me anywhere below 70 watts. I have been running it happily at 7.9+ volts on a series mosfet box whit zero dry hits. An odd and time consuming build but I think the coil has room to be even longer when installed vertically. It looks like a prefab coil for an arctic only the two coils are side by side not stacked.

Edit- I should add- no spitting at higher voltage, also I keep the juice control 1/3 from all the way open. At the bottom of the big downward "squiggle".

Attachments

• 20150411_215432 (1).jpg
    20150411_215432 (1).jpg
    403.7 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Deleted- figured out how to add pic to initial post.

Last edited:

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Both @Sully and I picked up Goliath's on a preorder. I am using a roughly 85% vg juice (~15 % flavoring) with no problem on my build. He has essentially the same build oriented horizontally and has no problem with 85vg juice but is having some issues wicking 95% vg. We both tend towards wattages in the 80-100+ range. he's having problems wicking thick juice at even low wattage (40-50) however. I havent run juice that thick thru my build yet to see how it wicks, but I thought maybe someone watching this thread has tried something that works first.

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
....t I have never seen anything like this. I thought they sent me a used atty with juice in it. View attachment 18590
I've read that all units are leak tested with PG before leaving UD. This mixed with machine oil is what you were experiencing I believe. I had the same thing too. Extensive cleaning before use haha.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Both @Sully and I picked up Goliath's on a preorder. I am using a roughly 85% vg juice (~15 % flavoring) with no problem on my build. He has essentially the same build oriented horizontally and has no problem with 85vg juice but is having some issues wicking 95% vg. We both tend towards wattages in the 80-100+ range. he's having problems wicking thick juice at even low wattage (40-50) however. I havent run juice that thick thru my build yet to see how it wicks, but I thought maybe someone watching this thread has tried something that works first.
I was able to rebuild the Goliath to wick 95%VG @ 75+ watts. I built my 2.5mm 26ga 11wrap coils all the way up at the screwheads tight to the posts. This allowed me to nearly double the length of cotton held in the deck and solved the high VG wicking issue.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My jumping resistance was due to a slightly loose post. (The "L" shaped one (positive)) Triangle Vapes is refunding it and I'm absolutely getting another because I've been extremely happy with it. It beats the bag out of every other tank I've tried.

Last edited:

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My jumping resistance was due to a slightly loose post. (The "L" shaped one (positive)) Triangle Vapes is refunding it and I'm absolutely getting another because I've been extremely happy with it. It beats the bag out of every other tank I've tried.
Good to know thanks for mentioning it. As mine was ripped off I need to order another one. The first one I ordered was shipped on the 2nd of the month and still hasn't reached canada yet. The vendor (frog in frog) emailed me saying they accicentally sent a goblin due to a supplier error. So I have to send it back when I get it or keep it and get refunded the difference. Don't really want the goblin but might keep it as this will drag on past the point that visa will refund me if they refuse. Something is better than nothing I guess. Anyway just looked at Triangle vapes. Good price for sure. Are they local to you or have you ordered from them before. Would you recommend them ? Thanks

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Triangle vapes is a great vendor. However, they don't have them in stock today. I know VapeNW has them and I believe My Baker Vapor has them in stock as well. I have ordered successfully from all of them.

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Triangle vapes is a great vendor. However, they don't have them in stock today. I know VapeNW has them and I believe My Baker Vapor has them in stock as well. I have ordered successfully from all of them.

Thanks for the info once again. I checked out the sites you mentioned. With the shipping and exchange rate its about $8 cheaper than a local vendor so I'll support my local economy. Not to mention I get it faster.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the info once again. I checked out the sites you mentioned. With the shipping and exchange rate its about $8 cheaper than a local vendor so I'll support my local economy. Not to mention I get it faster.
That's a no brainer. Go buy one right now!

sohkis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
looks like the clones aren't far off - https://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10013575/2293300-goliath-styled-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer
2293300-7.jpg

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
DC 28g twisted 7/6 wrap 1/8"ID @ 0.4 ohms 70 watts, warm and delicious. I gotta drop my nic level for this.

clownballs

Member For 5 Years
froginfog screwed me on my goliath also and sent me a goblin.. never doing business with froginfog again

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
froginfog screwed me on my goliath also and sent me a goblin.. never doing business with froginfog again
At least you got yours. Mine shipped on april 2 still not in canada yet. Did they refund you the difference ?

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
got the difference.. big deal.. not what I ordered bastards...
Trust me I know how you feel. I bought the goliath locally and love it. What the hell I'll do with a goblin I don't know but at least I'll get something. Did you email them when it arrived for the refund difference or when they told you of the screwup. I'd send it back but by that time I can't do a charge back with visa if they don't cooperate.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At least you got yours. Mine shipped on april 2 still not in canada yet. Did they refund you the difference ?
Well I got mine working well. My problem just went away after another wash and flip of the orings. I've rewicked it a few times and its consistently worked well. I like it again. However, I also bought a Starre. I think I like the Starre more.

VU Sponsors