Become a Patron!

Good 22mm Moonshot RTA build?

WrightRide125

Member For 1 Year
Hey everyone, I got a 22mm moonshot coming in the mail here, and I got it to use on my mech mod. I know normally that might not be a great idea, but I also ordered a heat sync with a extended 510 pin so I'm not too worried about any sort of contact issue. My question is if anyone knows a good build to throw on it where I could get around .1-.15 ohms on it. I figured a basic ni80 build would work, but I haven't found any great videos on building it at low resistance on youtube. I'm using it on my czar usurper 18650. It's 22mm in diameter so thats pretty much the whole reason I got the moonshot for it. I haven't got any wire yet so I'll buy whatever gauge works best if anyone has any ideas. Thanks much - Hunter

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey everyone, I got a 22mm moonshot coming in the mail here, and I got it to use on my mech mod. I know normally that might not be a great idea, but I also ordered a heat sync with a extended 510 pin so I'm not too worried about any sort of contact issue. My question is if anyone knows a good build to throw on it where I could get around .1-.15 ohms on it. I figured a basic ni80 build would work, but I haven't found any great videos on building it at low resistance on youtube. I'm using it on my czar usurper 18650. It's 22mm in diameter so thats pretty much the whole reason I got the moonshot for it. I haven't got any wire yet so I'll buy whatever gauge works best if anyone has any ideas. Thanks much - Hunter
A good mech build could easily be achieved with some 24g round wire build. Just a good old fashioned old school coils would rock it good.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

WrightRide125

Member For 1 Year
A good mech build could easily be achieved with some 24g round wire build. Just a good old fashioned old school coils would rock it good.

Thanks man, I figured some og coil builds would work out good. I thought I was gonna have to end up using 22ga or 20ga to get the resistance I want, It dosen't look like the build deck has much room to work with. I got the 24mm version by mistake of the seller so he's letting me keep it and sending the 22mm haha. I threw a couple prebuilt kanthals on there but only got to about .25 ohms and the mech mod dosen't wanna rip that.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks man, I figured some og coil builds would work out good. I thought I was gonna have to end up using 22ga or 20ga to get the resistance I want, It dosen't look like the build deck has much room to work with. I got the 24mm version by mistake of the seller so he's letting me keep it and sending the 22mm haha. I threw a couple prebuilt kanthals on there but only got to about .25 ohms and the mech mod dosen't wanna rip that.
If nothing else, some 24g ss would definitely hit theohms you're looking for if you have some. It's naturally low resistance. I've used a TON of it and it works out great

VU Sponsors