Become a Patron!

Good 2x18650 mod?

brandon555

Member For 3 Years
I'm kind of out of the loop as far as newer devices. I've basically been using my Smok Alien and ipv5 for the last couple years. The ipv5 is just too big and bulky, and the Alien is falling apart, lol. The paint rubbed off a couple years ago and now finally the trigger fell off, and it is literally falling apart at the seams.

All I want is something decent that takes 2x18650 with wattage and TC modes. Preferably around 50 bucks but I'd spend a little more if it's something that will last me a while.

Any help appreciated :)

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Might check out the Aegis Legend. I'm not sure on the price of it, but it will take a serious beating and keep on ticking. Plus it has all of your criteria as well.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was looking at the Innokin Proton, got very good reviews by Phil Busardo and does pretty decent TC. It's not in DNA chip category for TC, but it's good and stable and pretty inexpensive. I opted to go with DNA squonkers.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Might check out the Aegis Legend. I'm not sure on the price of it, but it will take a serious beating and keep on ticking. Plus it has all of your criteria as well.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
The Aegis Legend is terrible for TC though. :cool: Great mod, but the OP says he wants TC and the AL is not good at it.

There are SO many devices out now, it's mind numbing. How much money does the OP want to spend?

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Aegis Legend is terrible for TC though. :cool: Great mod, but the OP says he wants TC and the AL is not good at it.

There are SO many devices out now, it's mind numbing. How much money does the OP want to spend?
Thank you for the correction and info.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Aegis Legend. Not sure how well it does TC
Not good Ive heard. But, the Geekvape Nova supposedly does the TC good. TC isn't my thing so I haven't tried it. The Smoant Battlestar does okay or even good job at TC. I've done it personally. Ive seen someone post that the Modefined Sirius does TC as good as his DNA mods, IIRC. Don't know if that's true or not, because I don't have one. I can't think of any more at the moment.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I read about Yihi chips doing TC well. Well the whole IPV series (by Pioneer4You) usually has them in them. There's other mods as well with Yihi..

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The vsticking vk530 and the Ipv v-it both do tc excellently. Personally, I prefer the joystick on the vsticking more than the buttons on the Ipv.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had good luck with my vaporesso revenger. There's newer versions now, the polar and seems like something else. You should be able to find either for under $50. A few months in the paint on my revenger started giving up but the button didn't fall out, 510's still nice and tight after a year, none of the battery door magnets came out. I feel like it's what the alien should have been, it's almost identical in size/shape. The tc works on the revenger so much better though.

I picked up an ipv eclipse on sale, been a great mod so far. Has the yihi sx 420 chip in it. Eightvape has them for $35. A bit heavier than the revenger or alien, the paint's been holding up well so far the few months I've had it.
https://www.eightvape.com/products/pioneer4you-ipv-eclipse

VU Sponsors