Become a Patron!

Good MTL For a Newbie

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I took up vaping about 9 months ago. My first kit was a Subvod with a Toptank Nano and .5ohm coil. It was a bit weird at first going from analog straight to DL and vaping big subohm clouds but I grew to it pretty quickly. I bought the same kit for my wife and she didn't take to it at all. I was thinking maybe another kit with MTL would be better for her. I was looking at Evods on Fasttech and thought maybe that would be better for her. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Use the same tank that thousands of former smokers have quit with. Get her an Aspire Nautilus tank. Tried and true and still used and loved by thousands. I have gotten dozens of people off cigarettes with that tank. It is still the best MTL tank for people who do no rebuild. Grimm Green did a video recently and said the exact same thing.

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
+1 for the Nautilus. After such a long time since the nautilus has been released you would think that an excellent MTL tank will be made but that is not the case. The nautilus still seems to be the preferred tank for smokers making the switch. RTA's however have come a long way and the Merlin Mini is one of those great RTA's for MTL. Since you are not into building your own coils etc I would recommend the Nautilus tank.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
For mtl the best tanks I've seen have been the Nautilus and the endura ... For rebuildables the kayfun 3.1 or lite are still the best performers out there, IMHO.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I love and still use my kayfun 3.1. Great piece. It's my mtl flavor machine and my derringer is my dl flavor machine. Older doesn't necessarily mean obsolete. The nautilus and kayfun are benchmarks that should still be considered for mtl use.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I love and still use my kayfun 3.1. Great piece. It's my mtl flavor machine and my derringer is my dl flavor machine. Older doesn't necessarily mean obsolete. The nautilus and kayfun are benchmarks that should still be considered for mtl use.
Haha!! That was My first real setup, almost 4 years ago. I've added the S.O.V tank and Chaplin tip.
And I'm actually using it today(with a therion/recoil)
66776cd7282ff6aa80abb6aceadfbda5.jpg

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haha!! That was My first real setup, almost 4 years ago. I've added the S.O.V tank and Chaplin tip.
And I'm actually using it today(with a therion/recoil)
66776cd7282ff6aa80abb6aceadfbda5.jpg

I have one that was from a certain other vaping forum admin (you know who), never use it, may put it up in hardware one of these days

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have one that was from a certain other vaping forum admin (you know who), never use it, may put it up in hardware one of these days
If it's an authebtic, the current asking price with svoemesto is 56$

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it's an authebtic, the current asking price with svoemesto is 56$

Same person I also got a provari from, I know you know those too, gonna put that one up as well.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Same person I also got a provape from, I know you know those too
Umm yeah, I still have one of everything they put out, other than the p1.
P1-p3 are all Damn good for mtl... Especially for longevity

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Umm yeah, I still have one of everything they put out, other than the p1.
P1-p3 are all Damn good for mtl... Especially for longevity

PM me and you can have 2 of one:giggle: Never use it and it's a damned good mod:cloud:

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Thanks everyone for all of the responses. I was looking at an emow too. She wants something skinny and easy. She smokes like once a day at most and ii s looking for something that will replace that. (Not easy).

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I was out and about the other night having a few wobbly pops my Subvod in my pocket. I pulled out my Subvod to have a vape and fired it up. Oh no! Flashing button! My battery's dead. I hit the wife for a smoke, my first one in months. What an unsatisfactory experience that was. There's no cloud, no good flavour, just this gross stink and taste. I get a better throat hit with my little Subvod vaping crappy Mexican juice. I wish I could get the Mrs to discover this, to come out of the darkness and into the light. I'll be placing an order on Fasttech soon. We're in Mexico for another four weeks so it will need to wait a couple of weeks anyway.
I went to the vape shop here to get some juice. I asked the girls "What's this flavour?". She said "It doesn't say on the bottle and I haven't tried it yet so I don't know. It is quite popular though". I nearly pissed myself! There's only two vape shops here in town and this is the better one. No sampling allowed here. I was missing my mod so I asked what they have. They had nothing. "Let me know what you want and I'll order it for you." Well I can do that myself. I guess I'll need to use the Subvod for the duration. The other vape shop had one vape in 6mg, coconut flavour in 50/50 VG. It was pretty awful. Both shops are pushing the Joyetech AIO. I don't know how much but probably more than it's worth, which is very little IMO. The better vape shop, I ended up with a strawberry, pineapple and guava blend that is actually imported from California. It cost 525 pesos for a 60ml bottle. That's about 25 US or 35 CDN so that's not too bad. I just started using it and first impression is it's OK, not great, better than coconut anyway.

krikey

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
check out the Triton Pegasus Mini, this is the cheapest I've seen it:

https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/aspire-odyssey-mini-kit.html

I had a Nautilus mini in the past and it was good but I much prefer the Triton because you can adjust it to a much bigger air flow. I only do MTL and with the air flow fully open on the Triton you get a nice drag. My roommate liked it so much he bought one to get off the cigs. He preferred it over the Nautilus as well for the same reason...airflow.

Also check out Digiflavor Siren ('Vaping with Vic' thinks it's the best MTL tank on the market)
The Cthulhu MTL is also a good one I hear. Good luck!

Last edited:

VU Sponsors