Become a Patron!

Good pick for a first time squonker

vapape

Member For 1 Year
Hey just wanna know what you guys would pick for a good squonk mod. I'm experienced at vaping so I don't care if it's regulated or not. I build both dual coils or single depending on what I like out of the rda for flavor. I don't care if it's a single battery or dual. For those of you who own multiple squonk mods, if you could go back what would you buy as your first squonker?

fightinggoat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Depends on budget.
I would buy the Hugo Squeezer as my first, it works great and is inexpensive while still being well made, being cheap means that if I find I dont like squinting then I wouldn't be out much.

If you are wanting to get something nicer, I suggest the lost vape therion, I find it to be a benchmark for ashetics in a squonker.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd go rsq. For dependability. Love mine. Had a couple so far. The Anita by Arctic dolphin is pretty good as well. Higher end you could go therion bf. Always some squonks in the hardware thread of the forum. Then super high end is li-mo and spades. Lol I've got a couple mechs for sale

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

vapape

Member For 1 Year
I'm not too worried about the mod being made of metal or plastic or w/e. I will be using it as my home vape so it doesn't have to be tough. I would like one that functions well though. My price range is 100$ tops. I would prefer one that will fit a 20700 or if they make a 26650 one that would be cool. I wanna run one framed staple or maybe even two if the mod could handle it.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"First time" - with mech experience? Or regulated? Or none?

I'd swear by regulated mods for a newb - or someone that simply does NOT want to screw around.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

vapape

Member For 1 Year
I'm experienced with mechs, regulated, unregulated, parallel, series, I use steam engine on all my builds that are iffy. I was just wondering what you would recommend for a squonker. If you could pick one what would it be? I like running big framed staples if the rda will take it otherwise I fuse some clapton or no frame staple. I am an experienced builder and will build whatever according to battery specs and how much heat the rda will handle. I understand the concept of squonking so I probably won't have a hard time with an intricate mod, I just don't want to buy a piece of junk.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A ton of folks here will suggest the Pico unreguulated Squonker - they seem to love it.

I like the Gbox 200, (after changing the bottle system), and am now awaiting a DS-style to arrive on camel, via sampan from china.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A ton of folks here will suggest the Pico unreguulated Squonker - they seem to love it.

I like the Gbox 200, (after changing the bottle system), and am now awaiting a DS-style to arrive on camel, via sampan from china.
I dont know if the pico would work with a framed staple. I mean it would but lowest you can go is around.3 or so on the chip. Supposed to be a 50w or whatever. It'll go higher but for how long over doing the chip

Edit: can't count the pico out though. I have 2

vapape

Member For 1 Year
Yea the pico is kinda out of the question. I know the pulse can use 20700 batts so it might work but if there are any dual battery or 26650 squonks that are trusted might give me peace of mind with those frames. I would build smaller but I just can't seem to get the same throat hit and warmth and flavor out of fused claptons or smaller builds. I only like nichrome now too... I'm spoiled rotten for flavor , now kanthal is only used to raise resistance for me.

Jixil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Yea the pico is kinda out of the question. I know the pulse can use 20700 batts so it might work but if there are any dual battery or 26650 squonks that are trusted might give me peace of mind with those frames. I would build smaller but I just can't seem to get the same throat hit and warmth and flavor out of fused claptons or smaller builds. I only like nichrome now too... I'm spoiled rotten for flavor , now kanthal is only used to raise resistance for me.
Gbox is a nice dual battery regulated mod. Just switch out the crappy squonk bottle it comes with

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Puneet

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I’m also a GBox fan it’s my adv. Pico squeeze +wasp nano and Athena squonk +athena mod are my best back up. And Pulse mod+pulse 22mm rda, iJoy capo squonker +iJoy combo rda, Dripbox 160+Drop Rda are backup to backups .
In $100 budget you can buy a couple of them or maybe mod+tank+juice+ coils combination.
Keep an eye on the deals and Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Athena is a solid mod. Not sure about the rda with it but the mod is great

VU Sponsors