Become a Patron!

Good standard dual coil build for 30W device???

Xxfarrellmonchxx

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What would be a good standard dual coil build that 30 watts can power with good results? I have 24, 26, 28, and 30 gauge kanthal.

Scy123

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd go for thinner wire with only 30w. Thicker wire will have more ramp up time. Id try 28g or 26g with 8 or so wraps.

Xxfarrellmonchxx

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd go for thinner wire with only 30w. Thicker wire will have more ramp up time. Id try 28g or 26g with 8 or so wraps.

Do you think that the "sweet spot" on this app is accurate? That's 8 wraps of 26 on a 5/64...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-03-19-01-26.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-03-19-01-26.png
    249.2 KB · Views: 34

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's what I'd suggest as well, 26-28g with 8-10 wraps. Just tough to get something to perform well at low wattage. I was trying to get something working well for my Mini volt not long ago, did a 10 wrap 28g 2.5mm ID build and it was pretty decent. I now have 28g fused claptons in there, but I wouldn't suggest those as it takes the full 40w I have to get them going right.

MattyTny

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I run 27 gauge dual coils on a ~2.7mm internal diameter in my Aqua V2. It reads 0.7ohms and I vape it around 23 watts/4.2 volts. Occasionally I'll vape it 25 and it's fine. I use it on a Sigelei 30 mini

If you haven't tried 27 gauge kanthal I'd give it a shot. It's easy to work, more like 26 than 28 in terms of springyness.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'm a 27g fan as well for this type of build. Use 8 wraps on 2-2.5mm rods, depending on what fits well in the atty. And it will run well under 30W.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i did 1.0 dual coils and liked it on my hana 30 back in the day or was that .5

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Certainly agree with the 26-27 gauge....you can make a nice .50+ coil. Depending on your atty, try a spaced coil if you have the real estate.

VU Sponsors