Become a Patron!

Good tanks where you can change coils while full of liquid?

bestkeptsecret

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Are there any good tanks where you can remove the coil and swap it out where the tank is full of liquid without it leaking everywhere?

bestkeptsecret

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
You can also switch to squonking and never have the issue ever again ;-)
True, I think I will have a RBA, RDA, and RDTA setups before too long. Hard not to get carried away - I was eyeing up my spare motorbike battery earlier and had to tell myself to stop it :facepalm:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nautilus Mini is bottom fill so can always swap a coil with a full tank.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
True, I think I will have a RBA, RDA, and RDTA setups before too long. Hard not to get carried away - I was eyeing up my spare motorbike battery earlier and had to tell myself to stop it :facepalm:

Eyeing the battery for what exactly? Sounds dangerous or scandalous, curious in both regards.

bestkeptsecret

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
That would be a pretty crummy vape. Most are 12V and 8-12Amps.
???

18650 batteries are only 3.6V with a continuous discharge rating of 20-30A - and then only have a 2500mAh capacity.

My spare motorbike battery is 12 Volts, Has a CCA rating of 200A and a capacity of 12Ah.

It would happily give you over 1400 Watts for 30 seconds.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Sorry on the math. When I googled motorbike batteries i just skimmed for stats. Nothing about that experience would be happy or enjoyable. You also would likely lose all of your teeth and eyes. A ship battery in para/series will be the ticket if you just want to die.

bestkeptsecret

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Sorry on the math. When I googled motorbike batteries i just skimmed for stats. Nothing about that experience would be happy or enjoyable. You also would likely lose all of your teeth and eyes. A ship battery in para/series will be the ticket if you just want to die.
Bah humbug - I'm almost tempted to put my mind to doing it now. You wouldn't just hook up a coil across the two terminals. You'd probably look to take a lower voltage rail off the battery to make things a bit more manageable, put current limiting circuitry in place, and then just to be on the safe side a cut off, and stick a few inline fuses in there for good measure.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bah humbug - I'm almost tempted to put my mind to doing it now. You wouldn't just hook up a coil across the two terminals. You'd probably look to take a lower voltage rail off the battery to make things a bit more manageable, put current limiting circuitry in place, and then just to be on the safe side a cut off, and stick a few inline fuses in there for good measure.
Just use the speed control from a trolling motor to adjust the wattage. A honkin big PWM unit.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT

Why would a person want to vape at that kind of wattage?

Just because you can is not always a valid reason, Have you read the story about the dude in Florida recently?

We dont need anymore irresponsible people blowing themselves up and dying because 2000+ watts seems like a curious idea. You can get the same unenjoyable effect from a standard series mod running two VTC5A's on a .05 ohm build. Its unbelievably hot, It burst into flames in under a second (literally) and there is nothing good about it.

I demonstrated this to a new mech user whom I have been trying to teach mech safety to recently who just kept wanting to build lower and lower and lower and add more and more and more power. This has to be some kind of new vape experience shit. I liken it to snorting condoms and eating laundry detergent.

bestkeptsecret

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Why would a person want to vape at that kind of wattage?

Just because you can is not always a valid reason, Have you read the story about the dude in Florida recently?

We dont need anymore irresponsible people blowing themselves up and dying because 2000+ watts seems like a curious idea. You can get the same unenjoyable effect from a standard series mod running two VTC5A's on a .05 ohm build. Its unbelievably hot, It burst into flames in under a second (literally) and there is nothing good about it.

I demonstrated this to a new mech user whom I have been trying to teach mech safety to recently who just kept wanting to build lower and lower and lower and add more and more and more power. This has to be some kind of new vape experience shit. I liken it to snorting condoms and eating laundry detergent.

If you read the post you quoted from you should be able to see I'm not talking about building a 2000+ Watt vape if I were to go there

If I were to do it as I said I would take a 6 volt supply from the battery. That way I could make sure there was no voltage drop at all under load. I would then put a current limiter in place as I said. I would go for max 60A, which would then give me a max Wattage of 360W. As I also said I would also build in an cut off, and I would stick some fuses in there as an added safety measure. That should quite happily allow for building and playing around with coils down to 0.1ohms.

If anything it would be very safe. With a 12 Volt battery rated for 200A in 30 second bursts, If I was using it to give me 6V with a max draw of 60A in 10 second bursts the battery wouldn't be under any stress.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Crown 3 should be able to, because of the plug and play coil system. Also, though not designed for it, I can swap Uforce coils without draining the tank if I am careful, and Fireluke Mesh coils fit.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
If you read the post you quoted from you should be able to see I'm not talking about building a 2000+ Watt vape if I were to go there

If I were to do it as I said I would take a 6 volt supply from the battery. That way I could make sure there was no voltage drop at all under load. I would then put a current limiter in place as I said. I would go for max 60A, which would then give me a max Wattage of 360W. As I also said I would also build in an cut off, and I would stick some fuses in there as an added safety measure. That should quite happily allow for building and playing around with coils down to 0.1ohms.

If anything it would be very safe. With a 12 Volt battery rated for 200A in 30 second bursts, If I was using it to give me 6V with a max draw of 60A in 10 second bursts the battery wouldn't be under any stress.

If you read your original post I quoted one could easily come to the conclusion you are itching to do something sketchy as hell by your own admission.

and I quote "I was eyeing up my spare motorbike battery earlier and had to tell myself to stop it :facepalm:"

Im not trying to argue with you on the merits of doing this, you can do whatever you want to. You sound like a person who is new to vaping and still learning, you sound excited which there is not a person here who doesn't understand, regardless of how you came to vaping.

Let me change my original response as follows.

Good luck with your dirt bike battery bullshit and don't die. If you do, try and make it look like something else killed you so you dont smear the rest of us who are trying to make sure vaping sticks around and without a million regulations.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Being able to change coils with juice in the tank used to be a design consideration for tanks.
Not so much any more.

VU Sponsors