Become a Patron!

Good Wood Vapes Fully Mechanical Box Mod

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, just got a new toy. A Good Wood Vapes mech box; #0180. It has a Tobecco El Cabron with a 0.15ohm build sitting on it. It's pretty damn awesome. Here's some pictures. Warning, there's quite a few.

GW_06.png
GW_01.png
GW_02.png GW_03.png GW_04.png GW_05.png

Anyway, now that that image post block is over I can tell you some more about it. The box is absurdly well built. It also hits like a freight train. I have VTC3 batteries in it. The VTC3, so I've heard, has lower internal resistance. Also, they were less than half the price of the VTC4s at Liion Wholesale Batteries.

The 510 connection is extremely smooth. The pin is also truly a floating pin. It's tensioned by the negative connections and the batteries. Additionally the switch is tensioned by the batteries by the bend in the negative bar. It's very and never sticks. Also, I can't talk about the switch without mentioning that it's made of a .357 Magnum shell.

Anyway, this is an awesome mod. One other thing to mention. This is the only Good Wood Vapes box of it's kind. Every one is made of a different combination of woods of a different color and grain.

Here's GWV's website and instagram.

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice!

Wonder if they can make a .40 or .45acp button. I prefer those caliber's. :)

Glad to see they used a spent primer too. If not, it could bring a whole new meaning to the term "hot button." :D

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice piece. Looks like the materials and shape would make it feel real nice in the hand.

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is a nice setup. Like how they used the bullet case for a fire button

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice!

Wonder if they can make a .40 or .45acp button. I prefer those caliber's. :)

Glad to see they used a spent primer too. If not, it could bring a whole new meaning to the term "hot button." :D

Yeah. Going from the scratch marks on the casing it looks like the shell was actually fired at some point. I'll see if I can get a better picture tonight, but there appears to be slide markings on the shell. Which is fucking awesome!!!!

Nice piece. Looks like the materials and shape would make it feel real nice in the hand.

It's quite comfortable in the hand. I like to hold it so that the firing button is facing away from me so I can pull it with my index finger. The bevel of the edge fits really well in the palm of my hand at least, tough mine are a bit larger than usual so this may not be true for everyone. However, as you can see from the pictures, it's a great fit for anyone with moderately large hands.

VU Sponsors