Become a Patron!

Goon 1.5 RDA By 528 Custom Vapes

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Goon 1.5 RDA is designed by a renowned coil builder by the name of Blue Eyed Goon (@blueeyedgoon83 on Instagram) and manufactured by 528 Customs. For those of you that do not know, Blue Eyed Goon is the coil concept creator of the Alien coil and Tsuka Coil to name a few. The Goon 1.5 is the successor to the very popular Original Goon RDA which most of you guys will be familiar with already. This RDA provided a massive clamp style build deck which allowed coil artisans to be more creative with their coil builds whilst still having excellent flavor and incredible performance.

528 Customs set the bar very high when releasing the Goon RDA and in 2017, 528 released and upgraded version of the Goon RDA called the Goon 1.5 which featured some new features. Some of the changes you’ll notice straight away is the domed cap, new styled airflow and thicker posts as well as a bottom feeding option.

Goon 2 copy copy.jpg

Here are the specs of this RDA:
•24mm
•Larger build space vertically and horizontally than the Goon V1
•Cyclops airflow which allows for dual or single coil builds
•Domed interior top cap for better flavor
•Wide Bore drip tip
•Standard 510 connection
•Gold plated brass 510 pin
•Stainless steel bridge post
•Stainless steel clamps
•Stainless clamp screws
•Hybrid safe
•Peek insulators
•Positive and Negative bridges are easily replaceable
•PVD Coated Stainless Steel
•Package includes one set of allen key screws, allen key tool, one set of hybrid phillips/flathead screws, stainless steel squonk pin and extra O-rings

Goon copy copy.jpg

The Goon 1.5 RDA comes with four different colour options. You can choose from stainless steel, matte black, rose gold and gold. There also many after-market top caps and drip tips available for this RDA which allows you to further personalize your Goon 1.5 RDA.

The Goon 1.5 is a 24mm device which features a bottom feeding pin as well as a hybrid safe 510 pin for you mech mod lovers.

The Goon 1.5 is a well machined RDA with the engraving done perfectly and everything just fits together perfectly. One of the things I really like was that this RDA was machine oil free and the o-rings seem to have the perfect tolerances. There’s no other RDA that I’ve used with such perfect o-ring tolerance. The top cap pops off and pops back in with the perfect resistance.

The clamp style build deck allows you throw just about any build in it. There’s plenty of space so you throw in some massive coils with ease. This deck allows you to install builds really easily and is a breeze to work on.

The first thing you’ll notice when seeing this RDA is that the airflow has changed since their OG Goon. Instead of holes, it now features cyclops airflow which can be set for a single coil build as well. The biggest con on this RDA is that with a dual build, you cannot close of the airflow more than around 50% because it starts to open on the other side. This is because to cater for single coils, 3 airflow slots had to cut out.

Goon 1 copy copy.jpg

Performance:
Even with the con about the airflow, the Goon 1.5 is still my favorite RDA of all time. The conical/domed shape top cap really improves flavor which makes this RDA not only good for cloud chasing, but for superior flavor production as well. At high wattages, it does get warm but cools down quite quick. This is definitely a RDA that should be in your arsenal! It is by far, the best I’ve used and most definitely worth it’s price.

Goon 3 copy copy.jpg

I got mine from Cigabuy which had it at an awesome price of $35.36! I was a bit skeptical at first, but at that price I was willing to risk it and it turned out to be an authentic. I have put it side by side by a 100% guaranteed authentic Goon 1.5 and have seen no difference even in weight and construction. At $35.36 it’s definitely a no brainer. If you are looking for a Goon 1.5, this is probably the best price you'll get an authentic for.

Goon 4 copy copy.jpg

VapeO

Member For 1 Year
Holy shit dude! I'm gonna add one to my cart right now at that price! Before I confirm, can you update me as to how it performs and if the build quality is still excellent?

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holy shit dude! I'm gonna add one to my cart right now at that price! Before I confirm, can you update me as to how it performs and if the build quality is still excellent?
The Goon 1.5 is a fantastic RDA. Like I've said in my review, the only con I can find is the airflow. You can't close it off more than half way on either side which shouldn't be a problem if you like your lung hits. The flavor off a Goon 1.5 is just fantastic at that price point it's seriously a no brainer. The build quality is excellent! To this day, the o-rings and clamps are still solid. I have never come across an RDA with such perfect tolerances like the Goon 1.5. At this price, one would easily believe it is not authentic but I definitely do belive it is authentic. I had compared it side by side with a known authentic from a reputable vendor and could find no differences at all. I truly believe that this will be the best money ever spent.

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been hunting for one of these RDA's. The Goon is like the highest rated RDA.
And thats for a reason it's excellent. I'm sure you'll love it if you like lung hits. It's not for restrictive lung hits though.

VapeO

Member For 1 Year
The Goon 1.5 is a fantastic RDA. Like I've said in my review, the only con I can find is the airflow. You can't close it off more than half way on either side which shouldn't be a problem if you like your lung hits. The flavor off a Goon 1.5 is just fantastic at that price point it's seriously a no brainer. The build quality is excellent! To this day, the o-rings and clamps are still solid. I have never come across an RDA with such perfect tolerances like the Goon 1.5. At this price, one would easily believe it is not authentic but I definitely do belive it is authentic. I had compared it side by side with a known authentic from a reputable vendor and could find no differences at all. I truly believe that this will be the best money ever spent.
Thanks. Gonna confirm my order. Just need to find a nice tank :tantrum:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You can get a fairly restrictive lung hit by simply putting the sleeve of the original Goon on the Goon 1.5 if that's what you want.

Goon 2.0.jpg

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Damn, only seeing this now. Does it work well? Now that you have mentioned this, I have to test it out
I haven't actually vaped on it like that, but it does perfectly fit on there with the exact same tension on the o-rings and everything.

VU Sponsors