Become a Patron!

Got an Aspire Mini Nautilus kit...what should I go with next?

symblem1122

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm loving my new Mini Nautilus but I've had it for 3 days now and it is my first vape...but before I got it I had tried many different box mods and mech mods that my friends had and I really liked some of them. For my nicotine purposes and on-the-go vaping I love my Aspire but I'm really interested in the Kangertech SUBBOX Mini kit or even in building a box mod piece by piece if it was more versatile in the long run. Any input and advice would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

symblem1122

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the input! I'll check out the eLeaf stuff too

DakotaS

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's a great kit to start with. From there you may be interested in sub-ohm clearomizers such as the Aspire Atlantis or, like you said, the Kanger SUBOX kit which I believe comes with the Subtank Mini. The Subtank mini is a good clearo but there are ALOT of reported leaking issues.

I've been rebuilding my Atlantis coils for a while and am about to step full time into the world of RBA...

If you want to stick with your Nautilus (and who could blame you... excellent clearomizer), I would recommend getting an Istick 30W or a Itaste MVP 3.0.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm loving my new Mini Nautilus but I've had it for 3 days now and it is my first vape...but before I got it I had tried many different box mods and mech mods that my friends had and I really liked some of them. For my nicotine purposes and on-the-go vaping I love my Aspire but I'm really interested in the Kangertech SUBBOX Mini kit or even in building a box mod piece by piece if it was more versatile in the long run. Any input and advice would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

e07141f528268c479e49457b0b257aff.jpg

You might like the small, well built
IPVD2 ..seen here with the silicon case...its a single 18650 VW box mod that packs a punch with 7- 75w available.... About same price as the Kbox (I think) but much better build quality ...It has a floating 510 pin and a batt door that slides on ball bearings for quick and easy batt swaps..
It also comes with a cord for in-mod charging...good luck and I hope you find a mod your happy with..
sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mesh

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a Kanger Subtank Mini and it leaks too often, which is a messy nuisance and a waste of e-liquid.

I can recommend the Sigelei 75w mod. As for tanks, the Uwell Crown seems to be very highly rated at the moment, although be aware that it comes with steel- and nickel-coil atomisers rather than kanthal coils. (I don't know anything about the safety of steel but nickel coils are controversial and I believe should only be used, if at all, with regulated mods that have temperature control - which I don't think the kanger subox has.)

Also make sure you do your research on battery safety before dealing with anything sub-ohm, especially if you decide to opt for a mechanical mod. :)

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
As much as I like the Sigelei 75W, the major cons are it's weight (as much as my dual 18650 mods), and the fire button sporadically not working.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oops, double post, my apologies everybody..

Last edited:

Mesh

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As much as I like the Sigelei 75W, the major cons are it's weight (as much as my dual 18650 mods), and the fire button sporadically not working.

Yeah it is on the heavier side, which isn't a con for me but might well be for some. I can't say I've had any firing issues yet.

Thomas L

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yep, the Joyetech eVic-VT is a great product from all the reviews I read. Temperature control is the new thing for vaping. Personally, I love the Kanger Subox just because it is easy to use while producing great taste. I never had an issue with the Subtank leaking unless I left it in the heat. I just ordered the eVic-VT Mini so I would be giving that a try soon.

I've had bad experiences with the aspire nautilus mini, whenever I would try to refill my tank the coil would completely come off the adapter or the glass chipped just from screwing it into place. Thats when I moved up to an istick Eleaf 40watt temp control and an Joyetech eVic-VT. I would defiantly recommend these because you get really great taste and battery life is awesome. I bought mine from www.smokingoutfitters.com because the problems with the nautilus mini it was at a local smoke shop and this online store has always been great service.

jaxxie1181

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Subtank mini is a good clearo but there are ALOT of reported leaking issues.

Mine leaks, but only if I overfill it. In most cases one would assume you could fill it to the top of the chimney, but I actually have to fill it to where the white enamel part of the chimney ends and the stainless part begins. If I fill it beyond that, once I screw the bottom on and flip it over it leaks right out the air holes. And I don't mean just a little bit. I'm talking a big mess. I've found mine tends to leak less when I'm using the rebuildable coil than when I'm using the Kanger OCCs.

SmokinJoe23

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yep, the Joyetech eVic-VT is a great product from all the reviews I read. Temperature control is the new thing for vaping. Personally, I love the Kanger Subox just because it is easy to use while producing great taste. I never had an issue with the Subtank leaking unless I left it in the heat. I just ordered the eVic-VT Mini so I would be giving that a try soon.
Just got the kanger sob ox mini and i am completely happy with it. I love it

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently got the 75w IPVD2..
Maganus with .5 coil vapes great at 45w
bf17193f1a7df578c8155c1a70168551.jpg

Thejkaz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I upgraded from the Nautilus Mini with the eGo C-Twist to an iStick 30 for more power. More power didn't make much difference so I upgraded to the EVIC VT with the eGo One Mega and it was a nice upgrade but I prefer my Kangertech Subtank Mini with the RBA deck on the iStick that I purchased after the EVIC VT. Awesome flavor and huge clouds if you crank it up.I have had the Subtank for over a month with no leaking issues.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
The Joyetech Evic VTC Mini seems to be getting great reviews http://ecigtests.com/2015/09/joyetech-evic-vtc-mini/
Yup. Couple it with an Eleaf GS-Tank: http://sweet-vapes.com/eleaf-gstctank.html and 1.5Ω Eleaf GS Air coils: http://sweet-vapes.com/eleaf-gs-air-coils.html and you've a real winning combination, IMO. You'll need batteries and a charger. A pair of Samsung 25R batteries: http://liionwholesale.com/collectio...mah-flat-top-wholesale-lot?variant=1038201992 and an Nitecore/Intellicharger i2 charger: http://liionwholesale.com/collectio...y-li-ion-battery-charger-1?variant=1306356856 and Bob's yer uncle :)

Coincidentally: All that is what I'm using, atm ;)

Last edited:

RJ-Kloudburg

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a Kanger Subtank Mini and it leaks too often, which is a messy nuisance and a waste of e-liquid.

I can recommend the Sigelei 75w mod. As for tanks, the Uwell Crown seems to be very highly rated at the moment, although be aware that it comes with steel- and nickel-coil atomisers rather than kanthal coils. (I don't know anything about the safety of steel but nickel coils are controversial and I believe should only be used, if at all, with regulated mods that have temperature control - which I don't think the kanger subox has.)

Also make sure you do your research on battery safety before dealing with anything sub-ohm, especially if you decide to opt for a mechanical mod. :)
About the leaking of the Kanger Mini Subtank , It leaks because screwing it on and off time over time , that lower O-ring getz squeezed if your not careful when screwing back in, if your carful and only use that bottom piece with the little notches to tighten it down you won't have that leak problem.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
About the leaking of the Kanger Mini Subtank , It leaks because screwing it on and off time over time , that lower O-ring getz squeezed if your not careful when screwing back in, if your carful and only use that bottom piece with the little notches to tighten it down you won't have that leak problem.
Over thightening is also a big NO NO! (In general with all tanks)

VU Sponsors