hitti2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am loving it.

k9nSFT6.jpg

6Dxfjei.jpg

EPlwyZ0.jpg

r8GMVut.jpg

Also, came in the mail yesterday, assortment of jam monster flavors.
Hj1UOvs.jpg

And then I have on order wraith and 3 x LG HG2's.
z8tmQb4.jpg

I will convert the dead wabbit to squonk mode for the wraith.

Atm, I am running ss316l 7 wrap@3mm spaced. 580f, 55w, .17ohm. in the dead rabbit on an rx200s.

hitti2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can you say more about whatchu think about the Wraith?
This squonk mod is definitely not made for TC.
Vapes well, love how the squonk bottle nipple nudges against a silicone gasket in the mod, no messing with sliding plungers aka gbox.
Lots of mode options.

Right now I am using the wraith, dead rabbit, lg hg2, jam monster strawberry, ss316l, 24g, dual coil 8 wrap@3mm 60w .2ohm.

It vapes badass.

hitti2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I change my mind. This wraith is a pos... Should have went with the VT inbox which has the DNA chip.

hitti2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I change my mind. This wraith is a pos... Should have went with the VT inbox which has the DNA chip.

Reason I said it's a pos, is that it has no way for TC, it does but doesn't produce in TC mode. Have to use power mode.

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry to hear about the the Wraith let-down though. That sucks it doesn't work in TC...

I'd love to get a squonk mod, but I haven't seen a one that really appeals to me. It seems all the half-decent ones either use a single 18650 battery, are huge, or are expensive. So it's not like you're missing anything fantastic by owning the Wraith. But since a large portion of the industry are turning toward squonking, I expect some great mods to be released in the next year or so that will solve a few of those issues.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Reason I said it's a pos, is that it has no way for TC, it does but doesn't produce in TC mode. Have to use power mode.
Just because it doesn’t give you the Vape experience you want the way you think it should be, in the mode you wanna Vape in, doesn’t make it a POS. It works great for me, on my Ragnarok, with a 3mm, 6 wrap, 24g, Ni80 build at .25 ohms. It’s every bit as good as my Goon and 13H9H. Personally I can’t stand TC. That’s without a doubt the most unsatisfying Vape Method I’ve ever used. Shitty flavor and shitty cloud production. This is just my opinion. But I also like tons of air, which in my experience doesn’t work well with TC.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just because it doesn’t give you the Vape experience you want the way you think it should be, in the mode you wanna Vape in, doesn’t make it a POS. It works great for me, on my Ragnarok, with a 3mm, 6 wrap, 24g, Ni80 build at .25 ohms. It’s every bit as good as my Goon and 13H9H. Personally I can’t stand TC. That’s without a doubt the most unsatisfying Vape Method I’ve ever used. Shitty flavor and shitty cloud production. This is just my opinion. But I also like tons of air, which in my experience doesn’t work well with TC.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
In power mode it works fantastic.
Wraith & dead rabbit. Kanthal a-1 26g 5 [email protected] 35w.
7W4nWlW.jpg

In TC its a pos.
I’ve done a lot of research and testing of attys in TC mode, because when TC first came out I really wanted to get on board, but alas it was never meant to be. What I can tell you about TC is this. Top air flow does not work well for TC. The best vape I ever got using an RDA in TC mode was from my Kennedy, and Mutation X v4. Both have bottom air flow and seemed to be ok. Personally I like a little heat with my vape that TC doesn’t deliver.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’ve done a lot of research and testing of attys in TC mode, because when TC first came out I really wanted to get on board, but alas it was never meant to be. What I can tell you about TC is this. Top air flow does not work well for TC. The best vape I ever got using an RDA in TC mode was from my Kennedy, and Mutation X v4. Both have bottom air flow and seemed to be ok. Personally I like a little heat with my vape that TC doesn’t deliver.

I use TC quite a bit on my DNA’s and I can tell you that airflow won’t effect a propper build and a mod that actually does TC right, like a DNA. Not enough to be noticeable in my experience.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
D4C2FD58-EE56-4067-8EF9-5783F0FBACBE.jpeg Vaping is truly subjective. For me I will never like TC. My juice dealer loves TC, as for me I put away my Regulated Mods a while back and only use Mech. Vape On.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
View attachment 102463 Vaping is truly subjective. For me I will never like TC. My juice dealer loves TC, as for me I put away my Regulated Mods a while back and only use Mech. Vape On.

I agree that vaping is truly subjective. You like the Dead Rabbit and I think it's garbage. That is not an attack on you or anyone else. Some people get so bent out of shape about another's OPINION. Vape what you like.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree that vaping is truly subjective. You like the Dead Rabbit and I think it's garbage. That is not an attack on you or anyone else. Some people get so bent out of shape about another's OPINION. Vape what you like.

But what do you think of the Dead Rabbit?

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
But what do you think of the Dead Rabbit?
Personally, I did a side by side comparison of the Dead Rabbit and the Goon, same exact build and got an almost identical vape. Same Cloud same flavor, just a little different draw and feel. In short I like it. No issues. Don29palms, doesn’t care for it and it doesn’t work for him.

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I like the Dead Rabbit a lot, as I think most people do. I understand that everyone prefers different things, and I'm glad they do because the world would be boring if everyone liked the same thing. That said, it does surprise me when someone says they just absolutely hate the DR. I could see how some might not like it that much, though it surprises me someone could completely hate it. But anyway, enough of me rambling on
I'm glad you got the DR and that you're enjoying. Without a doubt it's one of my all time favorite RDAs! Lately I've been using mine in single coil, and the flavor is amazing. I was considering the DR SQ until I saw the single coil airflow option had been removed from the single coil deck! The only option for a single airflow slot is the MTL, which I'm not into. I just don't understand the decision to remove the single airflow slot on a single coil deck. I can't say that it will cost them a lot of sells, but it definitely costs them mine...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I like the Dead Rabbit a lot, as I think most people do. I understand that everyone prefers different things, and I'm glad they do because the world would be boring if everyone liked the same thing. That said, it does surprise me when someone says they just absolutely hate the DR. I could see how some might not like it that much, though it surprises me someone could completely hate it. But anyway, enough of me rambling on
I'm glad you got the DR and that you're enjoying. Without a doubt it's one of my all time favorite RDAs! Lately I've been using mine in single coil, and the flavor is amazing. I was considering the DR SQ until I saw the single coil airflow option had been removed from the single coil deck! The only option for a single airflow slot is the MTL, which I'm not into. I just don't understand the decision to remove the single airflow slot on a single coil deck. I can't say that it will cost them a lot of sells, but it definitely costs them mine...

The coil is centered on the deck, so the air flow option shouldn’t matter. Just adjust the air flow to the desired setting and vape. The single coil option would only make a difference if the deck was designed for dual coil, but it isn’t, plus it’s a 22mm atty not a 24.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The coil is centered on the deck, so the air flow option shouldn’t matter. Just adjust the air flow to the desired setting and vape. The single coil option would only make a difference if the deck was designed for dual coil, but it isn’t, plus it’s a 22mm atty not a 24.
Yes I agree it's centered. Not on one side. In single coil mode I usually just use dual coil airflow shut down a little more. That seems to do much better than one side of the atty all the way open dedicated single coil

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
And Don palms it's the way you say stuff. You cannot possibly think that anyone reading that wouldn't be like damn, that guys an asshole.

You are allowed to have your opinion. That's what we want. Everything vaping is so subjective. Try using I statements. Like "I think the dead rabbit is a piece of shit, to me it doesn't provide the vape I am looking for".

That would make you more personable. And it would also make people value your opinion rather than mute, laugh, and completely ignore you ignorant comments.

Calling people xxxxxxxxx man that shit is childish. I've got 7 months going strong. Nothing you say would every get me down. I'm honestly just trying to help you. Because honestly people get tired of your shitty comments.

Why is the dead rabbit a piece of shit? Explain yourself. You might be able to come off as more than an arrogant elitist ignorant prick.

hitti2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So with my dead rabbit and soon to be here, Vandy vape bf mech squonking mod, should I go with a .17ohm build on a 20700 battery?

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
change my mind. This wraith is a pos... Should have went with the VT inbox which has the DNA chip.

rsq gives a great tc vape for a single battery squonk

So with my dead rabbit and soon to be here, Vandy vape bf mech squonking mod, should I go with a .17ohm build on a 20700 battery
which battery?

That is about where I build (closer to 0.2 usually) and it gives a good vape for me with a single SS coil. I did a couple dual (and single) coil ni80 builds on my mechs in that range and I much prefer the single coil builds on my mechs (and regulated) single battery squonks because of the faster ramp up.

Last edited:

uansari1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year

I didn’t see where the guy explained WHY he doesn’t like it, so I wouldn’t consider his opinion a factor relevant to anyone’s decision.

That being said, I’ll probably make an entry into a regulated squonker reasonably soon, but want to get a bf capable RDA in the meantime that I can build on and use as a dripper on my Voopoo mod.

I only enjoy DL hits...am I limited to the 24mm DR? If so, are there any negatives that someone new to building coils should know of?

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn’t see where the guy explained WHY he doesn’t like it, so I wouldn’t consider his opinion a factor relevant to anyone’s decision.

That being said, I’ll probably make an entry into a regulated squonker reasonably soon, but want to get a bf capable RDA in the meantime that I can build on and use as a dripper on my Voopoo mod.

I only enjoy DL hits...am I limited to the 24mm DR? If so, are there any negatives that someone new to building coils should know of?
I like my DR 24's (clones) in single and dual coil mode both. I found them easy enough to build on but I have been building RDA/RTA for about 2 years. I don't think they would be all that hard for a new builder if you got the tools and watch a couple videos on youtube.

I also have a pulse 24, pulse 22 and DR 22 which I like as well. The 22's are a bit more restricted of a draw but still DL and better flavor. All of those I mentioned are on squonkers (3 mechs and 2 RSQ regulated mods). I vape them all wide open airflow, direct lung. Right now they are all single coiled with SS wire from AVS. The mechs are in the 0.2 range and the regulated (22mm rda's) are 0.35 ohm in temp control mode.

uansari1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I like my DR 24's (clones) in single and dual coil mode both. I found them easy enough to build on but I have been building RDA/RTA for about 2 years. I don't think they would be all that hard for a new builder if you got the tools and watch a couple videos on youtube.

I also have a pulse 24, pulse 22 and DR 22 which I like as well. The 22's are a bit more restricted of a draw but still DL and better flavor. All of those I mentioned are on squonkers (3 mechs and 2 RSQ regulated mods). I vape them all wide open airflow, direct lung. Right now they are all single coiled with SS wire from AVS. The mechs are in the 0.2 range and the regulated (22mm rda's) are 0.35 ohm in temp control mode.

Thanks for the quick response. Do you think the Pulse would be a better first RDA?

I’m sort of gravitating toward wanting more flavor, so as long as it’s still DL, I may just go with a 22mm. Hell, I can always grab a 24mm if I feel like it later.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the quick response. Do you think the Pulse would be a better first RDA?

I’m sort of gravitating toward wanting more flavor, so as long as it’s still DL, I may just go with a 22mm. Hell, I can always grab a 24mm if I feel like it later.
They are my first 22's. The DR SQ is easier to build on as you don't have to be quite as precise with the leg lengths but I would say the Pulse 22 has better flavor (though I haven't vaped the same juice through both to be positive about that). I think the Pulse 22 has a little more airflow than the DR SQ if that matters.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have the stainless steel version. I like it a lot too, and, seeing as in just about every thread where the Dead Rabbit gets mentioned there's always at least one guy who gets real envious and who starts to brat about how shitty it is, I'm thinking it must be an even more awesome dripper than I thought it was the first time when I tried it. Shit... fuck. Shitfuck. Hell... vape. Hellvape. :cool:

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years

The Dead Rabbit has much better flavor than the DR SQ, even though you'd think it would be the other way around. For 22mm single coil, check out the Blitz Ghoul. I've only had mine about a week, but it's already my favorite.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The Dead Rabbit has much better flavor than the DR SQ, even though you'd think it would be the other way around. For 22mm single coil, check out the Blitz Ghoul. I've only had mine about a week, but it's already my favorite.

Really? I really wanted to try that one. It looked like a winner. But what your looking for might not match up with what I like. It's all personal

uansari1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year

I’ll take a look at that soon. For now, I’ve actually ordered a Wasp Nano and Pico Squeeze. After doing a ton of reading, that seems to be a preferred starter set for a lot of folks. Plus it’s inexpensive, and I can always keep it around as a backup when I graduate to more advanced hardware.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Love the Dead rabbit. I build my biggest coils on this deck. Literally wrap 3 coils around a colored pencil and shove a giant piece of cotton through it.

Like this. Works awesome for juices that do well at high temps like Fuggin E Juice Model Tea.

1z2jct3.jpg

uansari1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year

Hey bro, just wanted to update this thread. I now have a Pico Squeeze, on which I typically use the Wasp Nano.

I recently got an RSQ and Pulse 22. Both are solid pieces of hardware. Came across a DR SQ at a local shop today and the price was right, so grabbed that too (it’ll sit on the second RSQ that’s on its way to me now). I haven’t run the same juice through the DR as the Pulse yet, but so far I’m impressed with the DRs flavor.

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hey bro, just wanted to update this thread. I now have a Pico Squeeze, on which I typically use the Wasp Nano.

I recently got an RSQ and Pulse 22. Both are solid pieces of hardware. Came across a DR SQ at a local shop today and the price was right, so grabbed that too (it’ll sit on the second RSQ that’s on its way to me now). I haven’t run the same juice through the DR as the Pulse yet, but so far I’m impressed with the DRs flavor.
Most people think the DR SQ has extremely muted flavor. I doubt it will happen, but maybe you'll find a build that gives decent flavor. Please share if you do, because a lot of members here would like to be able to use their SQ

uansari1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Most people think the DR SQ has extremely muted flavor. I doubt it will happen, but maybe you'll find a build that gives decent flavor. Please share if you do, because a lot of members here would like to be able to use their SQ

So I made a 9 wrap round coil with 3mm ID with 26g SS, reading at 0.65 ohms. I mounted it so that the top half of the coil is visible through the airflow hole in just the barrel. What I wanted was for the downward angled airflow to hit the bottom part of the coil and then come up. It seems to be working for me. I’m also running a 510 drip tip, as I feel the 810 resin tip is too airy to give the best flavor.

Then again, maybe I don’t know good flavor as much as you veterans...but I’m enjoying it.

Last edited:

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I made a 9 wrap round coil with 3mm ID with 26g SS, reading at 0.65 ohms. I mounted it so that the top half of the coil is visible through the airflow hole in just the barrel. What I wanted was for the downward angled airflow to hit the bottom part of the coil and then come up. It seems to be working for me. I’m also running a 510 drip tip, as I feel the 810 resin tip is too airy to give the best flavor.

Then again, maybe I don’t know good flavor as much as you veterans...but I’m enjoying it.
I never understood how people get any flavor using those massive 810’s.

uansari1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year

So I’ve been messing around with the DR SQ a bit. I’m able to get flavor close enough to the Pulse 22 that I can’t tell the difference aside from the slight difference in airflow. That being said, my Wasp Nano bests both of them in terms of flavor, especially when I’m using a tighter bore 510 drip tip on the Wasp. In retrospect, I would have saved a lot had I just bought another Wasp.

Now the question is do I hang on to them or sell them. Do I buy another Wasp, or do I grab an Entheon or GR1? I hear the Entheon with a Wasp ultem cap is a nice improvement on the Wasp Nano...but still trying to confirm that.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I’ve been messing around with the DR SQ a bit. I’m able to get flavor close enough to the Pulse 22 that I can’t tell the difference aside from the slight difference in airflow. That being said, my Wasp Nano bests both of them in terms of flavor, especially when I’m using a tighter bore 510 drip tip on the Wasp. In retrospect, I would have saved a lot had I just bought another Wasp.

Now the question is do I hang on to them or sell them. Do I buy another Wasp, or do I grab an Entheon or GR1? I hear the Entheon with a Wasp ultem cap is a nice improvement on the Wasp Nano...but still trying to confirm that.

Sell!

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile

Sometimes its not worth the hassle. I know that because I've been there, hype was real I fell for it and didn't wanted to call myself an idiot. Not saying you're one, trying to express what I felt as I realized its just not working, and wasting money.

Now its up to you if you want to sell, but I would recommend just cleaning it out and putting it away for the time being. I found myself using RDA's or even tanks that I wasn't happy about later on.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now its up to you if you want to sell, but I would recommend just cleaning it out and putting it away for the time being. I found myself using RDA's or even tanks that I wasn't happy about later on.
agreed, you can never really have enough spare mods/toppers IMO and to me it isn't worth the time/hassle to sell something for half or so what I paid for it. It is nice to have a stash of spares when you want a change of pace or when something goes awry with one of your devices you have in rotation.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Every atty has its role man. It may not work for you today for whatever setup/flavor you are looking for but one day you will pick it up and use it for whatever reason and it will ring your bell.

If you still hate it then, trade it off.

uansari1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I hear you guys...I spent $50 on both the Pulse 22 and the DR SQ, so it’s not the end of the world. I may tinker a bit more (though it sort of defeats the purpose, I kinda want to try dual coils in the DR), or just put them away, or sell them for a discount and use the proceeds to grab a reduced chamber single coil squonk RDA.

I will definitely grab another Wasp, and currently have a few others on my radar including:

- NarCa
- Armor 1.0
- Le Supersonic
- Flave
- Comet

Anyone have experience with any of these? Looking for a slightly restrict DL atty with tons of flavor...

VU Sponsors