Become a Patron!

Gotta Billow?

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm interested to know if you've used the top fill method and how's that working for you?

Busardo just released a vid on the Billow and it's pretty hilarious. (Almost sad in a way)

I've also heard that Trevor Jones has the best build worked out for this. Would you agree?

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use my Billow every day. What ya wanna know, Mrs. Muth? I know @moecat has one too.

Thinking of buying myself one or two more, I just like mine SO much.

I run simple dual coils. 24 gauge Kenthal at .5 ohms. Recently did a simple dual coil 26 guage at .8 ohm. Liking that better for bat life on my Sig.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I love mine, but it is a damn PITA when you fill it, it does spit a bit of juice out the drip tip due to the increase of pressure in the tank as the air is displaced with ejuice.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Huuuh... I've not had trouble with mine spitting.

I do end up rewicking mine twice a week, and burning my coils once a week. My juice gunks the coils up.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Huuuh... I've not had trouble with mine spitting.

I do end up rewicking mine twice a week, and burning my coils once a week. My juice gunks the coils up.
Not spitting when I vape it, but when I fill it.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not spitting when I vape it, but when I fill it.
I've had that.

I found it was because the juice made a "ring" around the Chimney. All I had to do was tip it so the juice ran down to the top of the cap.

Gotta watch when your filling too. It will seal up with a ring before it's full, and force juice into the channels.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I top fill mine by letting the silicone gasket at the base assembly "grip" the glass tube naturally. I also make sure to screw in the airflow screws at the bottom all the way and cover the side airflow holes with my fingers while I fill the tank.

After I twist the top cap back on, I turn the tank upside down, release my fingers from the side air holes, and unscrew the bottom screws to my desired opening.

Finally, I turn the tank right side up, put on the drip tip, and I'm ready to go.

And that's really about it. No leaking or spitting issues on my end.

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have had the billow (and so has my brother) since they came out several months ago. I run a 0.2 ohm 24 gauge build (fast ramp up, tons of vapor on a mech) and he runs a dual parallel 0.4 or 0.6 ohm build with a slow ramp up time and big flavor. I love this thing as much or more than my other big watt tank (UD Goblin) and almost pulled the trigger on a second one myself, too. I do top fill, and I lose a mil or so of juice from the chimney each time. Filling is a bit more of a PITA than other tanks either way but the big capacity minimizes this inconvenience. I haven't seen either of the vids you mention but its a very forgiving tank to build on. I highly recommend it, and so will my brother @Sully. Good luck with your inquiry!

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I do! Love it. I also top-fill it. I might loose a couple drops out of the mouth piece when I flip it over but not much at all. :)

EDIT: Added photo of my build.
upload_2015-3-14_17-10-7.png

@MikeSully Nice timing. I run dual parellel .28ohm tho! (2x 26ga, 2.5mm 9 wraps)

Last edited:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I watched about 15 minutes of busardo's review.

He had a ring around the chimney, like I told Zam about. I guess Phat Phil, doesn't pay attention to WTF he is doing.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks. You all pretty much answered my question about top fills and builds.

scootervapes

Member For 4 Years
I unscrew the base and slightly tilt glass (so the glass is still on the seal) and fill between chimney and glass.

I love the performance of this tank, but hate that it leaks if laid on side, anybody have a fix for this? .... aside from not laying on side?

What's the point of a tank of it leaks? Anyone have any recommendations on tanks that perform similarly but don't leak?

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Perhaps try different types of wicking material? I use 2mm ReadyXWick and have been happy with it.

scootervapes

Member For 4 Years
It doesn't leak if it's upright, only on its side if an airhole is pointing down. From looking around it seems to be an issue that allot of people have, perhaps not as widespread as I thought.

Upright, it doesn't leak at all, but on its side the entire tank leaks out.

VU Sponsors