Become a Patron!

GOVERNMENT WATCH!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, we didn't always have Obamacare but paying for treatment of the uninsured has always been done by 'everyone.'
You know that's factual.
I don't think Obamacare is the answer, not by any means. Hell, I don't know what the answer is, anymore. Healthcare as a whole is so fucked up, I can't even begin to figure out the root cause. Medication alone is fucking ridiculous.
It almost appears to be setup to bankrupt anyone not in perfect health.

BAM crew

I agree bird . My point being ,it's being abused now . Now people think it's their right . Medicaid was put in place for the poor and elderly as a safety net ...last year 49 percent of new mothers were on Medicaid ! How are we supposed to pay for it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree bird . My point being ,it's being abused now . Now people think it's their right . Medicaid was put in place for the poor and elderly as a safety net ...last year 49 percent of new mothers were on Medicaid ! How are we supposed to pay for it ?

Medicare is for the elderly. Medicaid is for the poor.
Although you can be both at the same time.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really we always had Obamacare? Hmm where have I been the last 50 years ?
Butt hurt ? More like butt fucked by people who can't take responsibility for themselves. Why are you so willing to give away what you work for ? Doesn't your family deserve the fruit of your labors ? Or are you a taker not a giver ?

Really, is your comprehension that low today? We have always had people who milk the system.

Women having more babies to get more money.

Men having women collect welfare when he works and makes good money but still wants freebies.

Rich people finding ways not to pay there fair share.

People not paying for insurance so they can get free care in an emergency.

NONE of these things are new. This shit was going on back in the 70s.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really, is your comprehension that low today? We have always had people who milk the system.

Women having more babies to get more money.

Men having women collect welfare when he works and makes good money but still wants freebies.

Rich people finding ways not to pay there fair share.

People not paying for insurance so they can get free care in an emergency.

NONE of these things are new. This shit was going on back in the 70s.

So again I ask ,why should I pay for it ?Why is the government making it easier to scam ?Why do you think the government should run healthcare . Why do people think it's their right now ?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

This is where it gets complicated....

When I got hurt I had a Cadillac insurance plan. Had I not had insurance at all, I would have gotten the same care. EVEN IF I DIDN'T HAVE MEDICAID.

Is healthcare a right? I believe it is per the hypocratic oath.
However: as expensive at is become it's hard to make it affordable. I fault the government apparatus with the cost of carrying out that right being so inflated. It's also the fault of corporatisation. But is the corporatisation a child of the government or is it the other way around? The cost being as inflated as it is, hasn't happened overnight, it just finally reached a breaking point after 50 years of nickel and dime increases.

I swear by Apollo the Healer, by Asclepius, by Hygieia, by Panacea, and by all the gods and goddesses, making them my witnesses, that I will carry out, according to my ability and judgment, this oath and this indenture.

To hold my teacher in this art equal to my own parents; to make him partner in my livelihood; when he is in need of money to share mine with him; to consider his family as my own brothers, and to teach them this art, if they want to learn it, without fee or indenture; to impart precept, oral instruction, and all other instruction to my own sons, the sons of my teacher, and to indentured pupils who have taken the physician’s oath, but to nobody else.

I will use treatment to help the sick according to my ability and judgment, but never with a view to injury and wrong-doing. Neither will I administer a poison to anybody when asked to do so, nor will I suggest such a course. Similarly I will not give to a woman a pessary to cause abortion. But I will keep pure and holy both my life and my art. I will not use the knife, not even, verily, on sufferers from stone, but I will give place to such as are craftsmen therein.

Into whatsoever houses I enter, I will enter to help the sick, and I will abstain from all intentional wrong-doing and harm, especially from abusing the bodies of man or woman, bond or free. And whatsoever I shall see or hear in the course of my profession, as well as outside my profession in my intercourse with men, if it be what should not be published abroad, I will never divulge, holding such things to be holy secrets.

Now if I carry out this oath, and break it not, may I gain for ever reputation among all men for my life and for my art; but if I transgress it and forswear myself, may the opposite befall me

Medicare is for the elderly. Medicaid is for the poor.
Although you can be both at the same time.
And people on disability after the donut hole.

BAM crew

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So again I ask ,why should I pay for it ?Why is the government making it easier to scam ?Why do you think the government should run healthcare . Why do people think it's their right now ?

You are missing my point. Nothing has changed in my lifetime. I am a 70s kid and I have seen the same bullshit come from every politician in my life.

No politician wants to fix anything. They only want to find ways to help themselves put more in their pockets. This is not me being negative, it's me being realistic. They are all liars.

The only thing that irritates me more than politicians is people who fall for their bullshit promises. They ALWAYS break them. Never back a politician based on a promise. They will never do anything to help the little guy. They wrap their bullshit in an appealing wrapper. When you take the wrapper off its still bullshit.

I don't want to pay for anything. But I would rather pay for Healthcare then to make some rich fucking piece of shit liar more money.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

When I got hurt I had a Cadillac insurance plan. Had I not had insurance at all, I would have gotten the same care. EVEN IF I DIDN'T HAVE MEDICAID.

However: as expensive at is become it's hard to make it affordable. I fault the government apparatus with the cost of carrying out that right being so inflated. It's also the fault of corporatisation. But is the corporatisation a child of the government or is it the other way around? The cost being as inflated as it is, hasn't happened overnight, it just finally reached a breaking point after 50 years of nickel and dime increases.

I swear by Apollo the Healer, by Asclepius, by Hygieia, by Panacea, and by all the gods and goddesses, making them my witnesses, that I will carry out, according to my ability and judgment, this oath and this indenture.

To hold my teacher in this art equal to my own parents; to make him partner in my livelihood; when he is in need of money to share mine with him; to consider his family as my own brothers, and to teach them this art, if they want to learn it, without fee or indenture; to impart precept, oral instruction, and all other instruction to my own sons, the sons of my teacher, and to indentured pupils who have taken the physician’s oath, but to nobody else.

I will use treatment to help the sick according to my ability and judgment, but never with a view to injury and wrong-doing. Neither will I administer a poison to anybody when asked to do so, nor will I suggest such a course. Similarly I will not give to a woman a pessary to cause abortion. But I will keep pure and holy both my life and my art. I will not use the knife, not even, verily, on sufferers from stone, but I will give place to such as are craftsmen therein.

Into whatsoever houses I enter, I will enter to help the sick, and I will abstain from all intentional wrong-doing and harm, especially from abusing the bodies of man or woman, bond or free. And whatsoever I shall see or hear in the course of my profession, as well as outside my profession in my intercourse with men, if it be what should not be published abroad, I will never divulge, holding such things to be holy secrets.

Now if I carry out this oath, and break it not, may I gain for ever reputation among all men for my life and for my art; but if I transgress it and forswear myself, may the opposite befall me

BAM crew

I fault the government also they should of only piped in on pharmaceutical companies making outrageous profits. Paying generic manufacturers not to make their off patented drugs . Stop frivolous medical lawsuits that drove cost up .
The hypocratic oath is taken by Dr. who agree to take it when they enter the field as a "healer" that's choice not Right .
That oath is meaningless to me I am not a dr

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

BAM crew
I would have to go with corporations screwing up the system. I point at them because of the effects of lobbying. Politicians now serve the lobbyists with the most money to throw around.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You are missing my point. Nothing has changed in my lifetime. I am a 70s kid and I have seen the same bullshit come from every politician in my life.

No politician wants to fix anything. They only want to find ways to help themselves put more in their pockets. This is not me being negative, it's me being realistic. They are all liars.

The only thing that irritates me more than politicians is people who fall for their bullshit promises. They ALWAYS break them. Never back a politician based on a promise. They will never do anything to help the little guy. They wrap their bullshit in an appealing wrapper. When you take the wrapper off its still bullshit.

I don't want to pay for anything. But I would rather pay for Healthcare then to make some rich fucking piece of shit liar more money.

EVERYTHING has changed ,Obamacare has made it easier to live off the government! Sure there have always been parasites. But what the government did was make it easy to be a parasite.
And your forced to buy it or you pay a fine ! What kinda bullshit is that ! It's not healthcare is redistribution of wealth!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I fault the government also they should of only piped in on pharmaceutical companies making outrageous profits. Paying generic manufacturers not to make their off patented drugs . Stop frivolous medical lawsuits that drove cost up .
The hypocratic oath is taken by Dr. who agree to take it when they enter the field as a "healer" that's choice not Right .
That oath is meaningless to me I am not a dr

Correct but read the text as a patient; hence, recipient of care.

-Heaven forbid it ever happen to anyone- but, if you ever find yourself in a situation to NEED healthcare, the thought of 'who is going to pay fix me' is not on your mind. Who is going to pay to stich my spine, remove my spleen, jump start my heart is not something you're thinking about, all you want is to be put back together again.
In that light, yes I believe it's a right, and Because of that, I believe it should be made less expensive. Remove the triplicate oversight, remove the insane regulations that hinder innovations, and fruitless lawsuits. Remove some of the roadblocks in the insurance industry. As to the rest I don't know enough about to speak on. But, I do know that while some malpractice suits are warranted most are not. It's common sense that if you sign up to get cut open that any number of things can go wrong. It's one thing if you went in for an appendix operation and left missing a kidney.

BAM crew

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
EVERYTHING has changed ,Obamacare has made it easier to live off the government! Sure there have always been parasites. But what the government did was make it easy to be a parasite.
And your forced to buy it or you pay a fine ! What kinda bullshit is that ! It's not healthcare is redistribution of wealth!

First off calling it Obama care is ridiculous. Let's call it Congress care. Congress is the entity of government who fucked it up. Believe that.

Congress will continue to fuck things up as long as we continue to allow the lobbyists free reign on our government. Believe that too.

Redistribution of wealth has been going on since the mid 80s. Take that one to the bank.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Because those freebies fuckers get are nothing compare to how much the politicians steal!

I BAM

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First off calling it Obama care is ridiculous. Let's call it Congress care. Congress is the entity of government who fucked it up. Believe that.

Congress will continue to fuck things up as long as we continue to allow the lobbyists free reign on our government. Believe that too.

Redistribution of wealth has been going on since the mid 80s. Take that one to the bank.

It's Obamacare! Who fuckin sold it ! Not congress . Who stood in front of us and lied over and over about lower premiums,keeping your Dr , keeping your plan ? Fucking Obama that's who it's Obamacare .
Tell me how redistribution started in the 80s?

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try the 1930s.
True, but the acceleration of it began in the 80s. Best example was how they took credit interest tax deductions away from the individuals and gave bigger deductions to corporations. Why do you think so many sales people incorporate under their name. To save more on taxes.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's Obamacare! Who fuckin sold it ! Not congress . Who stood in front of us and lied over and over about lower premiums,keeping your Dr , keeping your plan ? Fucking Obama that's who it's Obamacare .

Keep believing that. The reason they get away with this shit is because of how they manage and shift blame. Congress is the problem in this country.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Trickle fucking down economics. Who the fuck actually thought that would ever happen. Jesus

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Keep believing that. The reason they get away with this shit is because of how they manage and shift blame. Congress is the problem in this country.

So Obama did none of those things? He was forced by congress?
How did redistribution start in the 80s ?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ohh it trickles down but SUCKS up.

We also became a debtor nation under Reagans reign.
And hit 1 trillion in debt. When Reagan took office the debt was under 800 Billion.

All those years and only 800 billion in debt. Look where we have gone since then....
And a couple trillion or so of SS excess funds spent on other things because Reagan increased the SS withholding too much.

his astrologers should have known better :)

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's all about the Medicaid money!
Take that shit away and see what happens in 2018 election....
be careful what you wish for!!!
Fucking sheepers!

I BAM

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So Obama did none of those things? He was forced by congress?
How did redistribution start in the 80s ?

Do I look like an encyclopedia? If you truly care you would do as I do and look things up when people talk about them. I lived through all this shit.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Trickle fucking down economics. Who the fuck actually thought that would ever happen. Jesus

So trickle down was redistribution of wealth ? Do you know what redistribution of wealth is ? You also just said it didn't work so I guess it didn't start there . So when in the 80s did it ?

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So trickle down was redistribution of wealth ? Do you know what redistribution of wealth is ? You also just said it didn't work so I guess it didn't start there . So when in the 80s did it ?

Dude, what the fuck are you talking about? Do you know how trickle down economics was proposed? Give all the breaks to the wealthy and powerful and they will take care of the pee-ons. That is absolutely a redistribution of wealth.

It didn't work for us pee-ons. It did great for the rich and powerful.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude, what the fuck are you talking about? Do you know how trickle down economics was proposed? Give all the breaks to the wealthy and powerful and they will take care of the pee-ons. That is absolutely a redistribution of wealth.

But Fox news does not say that!

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do I look like an encyclopedia? If you truly care you would do as I do and look things up when people talk about them. I lived through all this shit.

You made the statements asshole? You told me to take it to the bank ! You just have proved your talking out your ass . You have no clue what your stating as fact is fact .

Now it's only a few years back did Obama say those things or not ?

Yes or no

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You made the statements asshole? You told me to take it to the bank ! You just have proved your talking out your ass . You have no clue what your stating as fact is fact .

Now it's only a few years back did Obama say those things or not ?

Yes or no

You can't have it both ways. I stated that it has always been the Congress fucking us the most. You are the one stuck on Obama. To me he is just another asshole politician.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can't have it both ways. I stated that it has always been the Congress fucking us the most. You are the one stuck on Obama. To me he is just another asshole politician.

You said to call it Obamacare is ridiculous. I'm not stuck on Obama . When you can stop repeating what you have heard from other people and actually have your own opinions we can have a discussion. You have only proved to me by your answers you really have no idea what your talking about . You can take that to the bank .

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

No it's not it was give breaks to rich who will invest in business providing jobs . Again looking to be handed what's not yours . Now we are taking from everyone working and giving to everyone that doesn't or isn't willing too, big difference.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fraley, Some of us have lived things and actually remember most of them.

Some are just sheep following along behind the party pundits.
And both sides have them.

You two make quite the pair .

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sheesh...
Actually thinks that business will do the right thing for their country and it's citizens?
Just wow....

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You said to call it Obamacare is ridiculous. I'm not stuck on Obama . When you can stop repeating what you have heard from other people and actually have your own opinions we can have a discussion. You have only proved to me by your answers you really have no idea what your talking about . You can take that to the bank .

Nice try buddy. All of my opinions are my own. Just because you have no point doesn't mean I will let you try to turn shit around. I never said anything about Obama. Obama care is not Obama. Only sheeple who fall for the blame shifting see it that way.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No it's not it was give breaks to rich who will invest in business providing jobs . Again looking to be handed what's not yours . Now we are taking from everyone working and giving to everyone that doesn't or isn't willing too, big difference.

Keep drinking that koolaid. We lose far more money to corporate breaks than we do to healthcare. How does that koolaid taste?

Where were all these jobs created? I will give you a few clue. Head south or east.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You never said calling it Obamacare is ridiculous? Is that what your telling me ?

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice try buddy. All of my opinions are my own. Just because you have no point doesn't mean I will let you try to turn shit around. I never said anything about Obama. Obama care is not Obama. Only sheeple who fall for the blame shifting see it that way.

Ok flappy your gonna tell me you never said calling it Obamacare is ridiculous? You have no opinion you are the sheep . You can't back up a single thing you say dude ! It is pointless trying to have a conversation with you . Go be a good socialist with Cromwell. Mommy and daddy government will take care of you both no worry honey .

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok flappy your gonna tell me you never said calling it Obamacare is ridiculous? You have no opinion you are the sheep . You can't back up a single thing you say dude ! It is pointless trying to have a conversation with you . Go be a good socialist with Cromwell. Mommy and daddy government will take care of you both no worry honey .

The only thing pointless is getting through your thick skull. You have not posted one original thought. Your responses have been half baked regurgitated party line recipes.

You always seem to revert to the herd mentality. You know, you are either with us or against us.

You don't have to agree with everything the Republican party says to agree with some of it. Same goes for Democrats. It's not an all or nothing proposition. Unless you are of the sheeple fanboy mindset, you should be able to see positives and negatives on both sides.

But, back to healthcare, the final product that gets passed has been ass raped by every special interest in Congress by the time it does get passed. This is how Washington works. The same will hold true for any healthcare act we see in the future. No chance of a clean bill getting through Congress. Yet you feel that the blame goes to the president at the time. It's all a case of you rub my balls and I'll rub yours with these politicians.

The same goes for Trump. Whatever happens to our healthcare will be a result of this Congress and very little of what comes from him. Regardless of what he SAYS.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You never said calling it Obamacare is ridiculous? Is that what your telling me ?

Wow. You really have reading comprehension skill issues. I said that yes. But not because I was defending Obama in any way. I am simply trying to point out who really wrote the final bill as it was passed. Do you understand how Washington works at all?

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only thing pointless is getting through your thick skull. You have not posted one original thought. Your responses have been half baked regurgitated party line recipes.

You always seem to revert to the herd mentality. You know, you are either with us or against us.

You don't have to agree with everything the Republican party says to agree with some of it. Same goes for Democrats. It's not an all or nothing proposition. Unless you are of the sheeple fanboy mindset, you should be able to see positives and negatives on both sides.

But, back to healthcare, the final product that gets passed has been ass raped by every special interest in Congress by the time it does get passed. This is how Washington works. The same will hold true for any healthcare act we see in the future. No chance of a clean bill getting through Congress. Yet you feel that the blame goes to the president at the time. It's all a case of you rub my balls and I'll rub yours with these politicians.

The same goes for Trump. Whatever happens to our healthcare will be a result of this Congress and very little of what comes from him. Regardless of what he SAYS.

The president drives the agenda Obama campaigned on healthcare so did Trump . The responsibility rests on them . Why do you think it was called Obamacare? By all media ?
If I want your opinion I'll turn on MSNBC . Cause you can't answer a simple question . I have made my thoughts clear to you . I don't think the government should run healthcare. I don't think I should bear the burden of some lazy fuck . Healthcare is not a right . Jobs with healthcare will fix the problem . And you are a pointless parrot .
Take a lesson from Ej or bird I don't always see it their way but most times they show me my mistake or change my mind that's what dissuasion does they back what they say . They answer questions directly. You do not because your not capable. You are a party puppet you just to dumb to know it . Now go snuggle with Cromwell. The government will take care of you . You don't need to do a thing sweetie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors