Become a Patron!

GPlat what is it where can I get it?

hitman4274

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
this should get interesting as it plays out.. there is a huge list of resistance wire alloys out there...im still skeptical and will be doing a bit of reading on the different alloys that are used elsewhere appliances and such...

My question to anyone who has tried G-Plat and Nichrome is if there is much of a difference between the two. It seems the benefits of the G-Plat can be found in Nichrome. Lower resistance, more maleable, etc.

The general feeling with gplat is the following compared to Kanthal:
- It's very expensive
- It's easier to work with since it's softer and more pliable, yet doesn't unflex as much
- Quicker to heat
- Slower to cool
- Flavor is about the same

I see where they are coming from where they don't want to spill out the entire recipe. It would be clonned in a heartbeat, and thus rendering their current pricing completely useless. They did the research and came up with the blend, so I understand that. It does feel a little flip / floppy about the manganese saying it does have it and then "only exposed to trace amounts". However realistically I wouldn't want to heat Kanthal up to those ridiculous temps either give whats in that as well. I'm not a scientist, but it feels like both could have similar health draw backs.

Never the less, the stuff is REALLY expensive! To pay essentially 10 times the price of Kanthal you (to quote GrimmGreen) really need "some vape budget hands".

it already has been cloned. v1.0 its called Royal wires. so that's why they came out with gplat v1.2 and elite and soon to be released haywire 20g

...another follow up. hope this helps clear up anymore skepticism. and if it doesn't just go back to smoking. u seem to know what is in those and are fine with them killing people.

G-Plat: Public Announcement
To Our Valued Customers,
Through the advice of our attorney, we will not be releasing specific information about our wires.
However, we would like to release the following statements to the most commonly asked questions:
• For those who are concerned about the main chemical composition of our wires, our wires do not contain Carbon, Aluminum, Lead, or Copper.
• Vapinology LLC carefully ensures that our wires do not contain amounts of chemicals beyond that which is allowed by The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (“OSHA”).
• Lastly, in response to the Manganese issue, most studies about the harmful effect of Manganese (Mn) are related with various manufacturing processes, such as welding, grinding, brazing, etc. In those manufacturing processes, the temperature of the metal/work-piece is close to (if not exceed) the melting point of manganese. Note that the melting point of manganese is 1246 Celcius (2275 F). Keep in mind that the actual Mn content will vary from heat to heat, but will remain much lower than the permissible upper limit value allowed by the standard/specification.
According to the reactivity data of our wires, even if Mn is released, the amount released will be lower than 1% of the permissible upper limit.
We hope that the information that we have provided has given you the confidence to continue using our product.
Thank you for the support that many of you have shown us through this ordeal. For that, we are releasing our highly anticipated 20g HAYWIRE today!!!

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
...another follow up. hope this helps clear up anymore skepticism. and if it doesn't just go back to smoking. u seem to know what is in those and are fine with them killing people.

To Our Valued Customers,
Through the advice of our attorney, we will not be releasing specific information about our wires.
However, we would like to release the following statements to the most commonly asked questions:
• For those who are concerned about the main chemical composition of our wires, our wires do not contain Carbon, Aluminum, Lead, or Copper.
• Vapinology LLC carefully ensures that our wires do not contain amounts of chemicals beyond that which is allowed by The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (“OSHA”).
• Lastly, in response to the Manganese issue, most studies about the harmful effect of Manganese (Mn) are related with various manufacturing processes, such as welding, grinding, brazing, etc. In those manufacturing processes, the temperature of the metal/work-piece is close to (if not exceed) the melting point of manganese. Note that the melting point of manganese is 1246 Celcius (2275 F). Keep in mind that the actual Mn content will vary from heat to heat, but will remain much lower than the permissible upper limit value allowed by the standard/specification.
According to the reactivity data of our wires, even if Mn is released, the amount released will be lower than 1% of the permissible upper limit.
We hope that the information that we have provided has given you the confidence to continue using our product.
Thank you for the support that many of you have shown us through this ordeal. For that, we are releasing our highly anticipated 20g HAYWIRE today!!!
www.vapinology.com

LightningVapes

Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If they gave away just a few inches with a purchase or something they may get more customers.
I wouln't want to get used to something I couldn't afford! ;)

Have you or anyone else tested this wire against a nichrome build? I would assume they should yield a very similar resistance, enough to justify saving a few dollars and just sticking with nichrome instead.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

To Our Valued Customers,

"and if it doesn't just go back to smoking" - WTF????

Or you could just stick with kanthal.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

So basically it goes like this:

June 23
First of all, we would like to thank all the people who are supporting us since we started and until now. In short, yes, there is Manganese in the wire. However, it is a small component of the wire that is present in the other wires that are used for vaping also. We are unsure of why there is such a huge issue arising. Manganese is present in multivitamins also, therefore it is not bad for you unless large quantities are absorbed, inhaled, ingested, etc. The Vapinology team is currently working on clearing up the issue. We are in the process of generating a data sheet for the public to see in the next 24-48 hours.
Our wires are some of the safest on the market. We are attempting to provide the information that the public is requesting while keeping in mind that we are part of a "competitive" business. Thank you all for your patience and understanding.

Then

June 27
G-Plat Public Announcement:

As all of you are aware, there have been some concerns that have been brought to our attention in regards to the composition and safety of G-Plat wires. We have spoken to the metallurgist at the facility in which our wires are being prepared and he has given us some insight regarding the “Manganese” content of G-Plat wires. Manganese has no part in the actual composition of both our V1.2 and Elite versions of G-Plat. However, during the manufacturing process, the wire is exposed to Manganese indirectly due to other types of wires containing Manganese being produced within the same facility.

Although it may seem as if a member of the G-Plat team issued a WARNING about the use of G-Plat wires, the conversation has been misinterpreted to make it seem as if G-Plat wires are a health risk. Our team member, knowing that our wires may have been exposed to trace amounts of Manganese, was only trying to look out for the best interest of an individual that stated he was allergic to the substance. With that being said, we would like to apologize for the delay in providing the information that the vaping community has been requesting. We are currently waiting on our metallurgist to provide us with the most accurate information about the wires (i.e. although Manganese is listed on the MSDS, it is not part of the actual composition of G-Plat wire). The information will be disclosed to the vaping industry no later than tomorrow evening.

We appreciate those of you who believe in our product and continue to stand behind us as we overcome this obstacle!

Regards,

Mark Vape, Melmie Lincod & G-Plat Team

And NOW...

July 4 at 5:00pm ·

To Our Valued Customers,

Thank you for the support that many of you have shown us through this ordeal. For that, we are releasing our highly anticipated 20g HAYWIRE today!!! For all wholesale and retail orders, please visit our website at www.vapinology.com

Regards,
G-Plat Team

OK I'm sold on it... Oh wait they didn't really say anything did they?

I'll stick with kanthal. You guys can do what ever you want.
I do not dislike anyone who owns, buys, sells, or uses Gplat. But they really need to get their story straight.
Or at least edit their Facebook posts so it appears that their story is straight!

ryanM5

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Anyone use G-Plat on their kayfun on a regulated box mod that displays the resistance? My resistance was jumping all over the place. started at .6 and ranged .6-.8. Now it is steady at .8

BabyFartsMcGeezax

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
^sounds like you have a loose connection...or maybe a hot spot, considering the type of wire being used..

buffaloguy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I may get a little sweary and irate here for a min folks so put on your blinders if you dont wanna see dirty words

How the fuck does a vendor stay in business with crap like this? "hope this helps clear up anymore skepticism. and if it doesn't just go back to smoking. u seem to know what is in those and are fine with them killing people."

And why would anyone consider doing business with them?

This is a vendor who's marketing tactics smack as arrogant and basically tell you to fuck off and literally die if you dont buy our product. Seriously, you think threatening people with death by smoking is gonna sell you overpriced wire?

You come in here saying 'oh we care, and we are gonna be responsible' then make contradictory statements about YOUR OWN PRODUCT (which btw you SHOULD be an expert in but apparently arent because you dont know what is in it or how it is made see 5150's posts above). Then proceed to say 'whoa, our legal eagle says we need to protect some recipe'. Im callin bullshit on the whole thing here.

Folks what you have is a vendor who found some kanthal or nichrome 'like' wires made by some random manufacturer and has "rebranded" it and "remarketed" it as some high end premium product.

Its the OLDEST marketing trick in the book and vendors are doing it non stop. Stop falling for this nonsense. You know the difference between a $800 coach bag and another brand of purse with the same quality made by the same factory? Nothing. Its all in the appearance and the "brand".

No one cares what your "formula" is. We care about our health and YOU as a vendor should care enough to say fuck lawyers and do the right thing by your customers. You are now saying 'take our word for it or you can go die of cancer'.

I have two words this vendor. One starts with F. The other starts with Y.

Sorry but the arrogance and.total disregard by this vendor is just astonishing and I see people still willing to buy from them. Crazy.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This stuff is not cheap but it is raising quite a rage... It is just like our good old trusty Kanthal, a little softer, a lot lower ohm... Best description I have found is at Vapor Kings and they are in stock right now...
Wow some of the names of things in the Vape world haha I must get me some of dat dare GeeeePlat :) sounds like cool stuff must go buy .. Thanks

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I may get a little sweary and irate here for a min folks so put on your blinders if you dont wanna see dirty words

How the fuck does a vendor stay in business with crap like this? "hope this helps clear up anymore skepticism. and if it doesn't just go back to smoking. u seem to know what is in those and are fine with them killing people."

Woah, vapinology did NOT say the part about going back to cigarettes, if you read the actual link. The person who copied and pasted the press release by them started their post by saying that statement themselves, then below that posted what vapinology had to say.
I'm not defending vapinology at all but I don't want ANYONE to get misinformation over this.

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also, just my two cents on the topic. To paraphrase what nitro said, when you get into rebuilding and especially sub ohm vaping, there are risks involved and you need to make your own decisions and form your own opinions on what you want to use. I was hesitant to try Gplat because of this whole debacle but I was pleasantly surprised by using it. I originally decided to discontinue my use of it when I had ran out of my free sample. But this week I ended up with a decent quantity (around 40 feet) of it and decided to use it again. Whatever you decide to use for your coils; kanthal, Gplat/royal, Rene, nichrome, barbed wire, coax cable, chain mail......just make sure that you are comfortable with using it and do your research. And if things come up in the future and we learn that any of these wires pose any more health risks than what we already know or understand, then make an informed decision based on what YOU think is best for YOU.

buffaloguy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Woah, vapinology did NOT say the part about going back to cigarettes, if you read the actual link. The person who copied and pasted the press release by them started their post by saying that statement themselves, then below that posted what vapinology had to say.
I'm not defending vapinology at all but I don't want ANYONE to get misinformation over this.

That may be so, all I know is that his posts sound as if he is some sort of representative for the company. I think most here are assuming so. If the poster indeed does represent this company then my comments stand as is. If its just a fanboy then Ill apologize here to the company. Until then Im going to assume still that is posted/reposted by a representative.

Either way Ill still say this gplat is common wire rebranded to be a premium product at a high profit margin. Its a marketing/sales tactic. Nothing more and the improved quality nothing more than placebo created by image.

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That may be so, all I know is that his posts sound as if he is some sort of representative for the company. I think most here are assuming so. If the poster indeed does represent this company then my comments stand as is. If its just a fanboy then Ill apologize here to the company. Until then Im going to assume still that is posted/reposted by a representative.

Either way Ill still say this gplat is common wire rebranded to be a premium product at a high profit margin. Its a marketing/sales tactic. Nothing more and the improved quality nothing more than placebo created by image.
I think he's just a really opinionated dude that's getting upset for the wrong reasons. I'll agree that it's more than likely rebranded wire, but numbers are hardly placebo. Improved/better quality is subjective. Maybe someone doesn't want an ultra low ohm cool, or they don't want the slightly quicker reaction time. I know that both of those things suit my vaping style so that is why I am using this wire.

buffaloguy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What numbers? Show me scientific proof this stuff is marginally better than anything else. Then i'll believe.

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Kanthal A1 ohms per foot:
28g/ 2609fps and reads at 5.27opf
26g/ 1626 and reads at 3.31opf
24g/ 1018 and reads at 2.07opf

Gplat24 ohms out usually by at least a tenth an ohm lower than 24g kanthal, when wrapped with the same diameter with the same amount of wraps and same length for the leads. Wrap the same coil with both types and the Gplat will always be lower. The time taken for the coil to reach it's glowing point is shorter than kanthal as well. BUT, as I stated above, this does not make this wire "better" by any means because that's a subjective term. To ME it's better, because that's the way that I vape. Maybe it's not what's best for you or the next person though.
Since Gplat is "proprietary" or whatever bullshit they want to call it, we can only base it's performance off of how it compares to kanthal or nichrome or any other resistance wire that we know the numbers for. The OPS for kanthal is higher than Gplat, we know that from the numbers stated above (simple google search for temco will bring that up).

buffaloguy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A simple stretch of the wire during the manufacturing process can account for miniscule variations like that. Some places will commonly refer to those occurances as "factory seconds" and sell them as a separate lot as they dont fall within tolerance. Also, certain types of manufacturing processes regularly have those kinds of variances which means there is a ready supply of seconds. Not saying this is what gplat is, but it may well be.

I was talking about scientific data on it actually being a different metal, or health data to show its somehow superior. So far all you are telling me is that I can accomplish the same results as gplat by using nichrome, a different gauge of wire, or a one quarter to a half wrap less of Kanthal. Ohms per foot doesnt say much to me. Certainly does not prove superiority in any way, shape, or form.

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This doc is in Facebook Vaping group as posible GPlat http://titanium-stainless-steel.con...coil/stainless-steel-sheet-and-coil-type-317l
Gplat_zps5b71de31.jpg

VU Sponsors