Become a Patron!

Great but weird experience at the vape store

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I took off yesterday afternoon about 1:30pm and was driving to see my daughter and my new grandbaby about 4 and a half hours away. Going in to Austin the traffic was looking g4ood and then I hit back up after back up due to accidents and road construction. I have a hard time driving for long periods of time due to RA which I Whave had for several years. Needless to say my 4 1/2 hour trip turned into a 7 hour trip. I got about halfway there and after staying in the car as long as I could, I decided to stretch my legs and googled "vape store near me." Well luckily I was going through a pretty big town and there was one just off the interstate. I pulled into this strip mall and I saw this huge vape store (one of the largest that I have been in. I walked in with my Cartel Revenant and vaped a little while looking around A young salesman came up to me and asked me if he could help and I told him that I would like to look for a matching drip tip for the Big Baby Beast that was mounted on the Revenant. He took a look at my mod and said "Wow you are the first one that has walked through the doors vaping one of those." He continued saying that everyone in the shop vaped them and loved them. I told him my story about my first purchase and that I had recently purchased my second Revenant. He wanted to see my other one so I went out to the car and got it. He had some really nice wood drip tips and we picked out some matching ones for both of my big babys. I asked him how much and he said that they were $10 each but that he wanted to give them to me because he liked my taste in mods and that no one had ever walked through the doors with one. WOW, What?, Okay Great and Thanks a lot !!! I couldn't believe it but was not complaining. I picked up some premade claptons and paid for them and they were very reasonable. Needless to say, I was one happy camper and it made the rest of the trip really much less painful. Here is a photo of the new tips.
Drip Tips.jpg

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Wow, I love stories like this! Every hobby I've ever participated in you hear these stories that are simple everyday kindness, but still very moving.
Wish the picture was working for me though?

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Dang... I've had my local vape shop gift me a $4.25 acrylic driptip because it was a replacement of one I had just bought the week before and then broke.. and I buy a lot of acrylics there, and their cost price can't be more than about 50 cents... but $10 driptips??? WOW indeed! :)

Andria

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gonna google your mods now too. Look quality vape goods you got.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
I love the Revenant. The only deal is you dont know what color you will get till it arrives because each one is unique. They are all beautiful though.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I took off yesterday afternoon about 1:30pm and was driving to see my daughter and my new grandbaby about 4 and a half hours away. Going in to Austin the traffic was looking g4ood and then I hit back up after back up due to accidents and road construction. I have a hard time driving for long periods of time due to RA which I Whave had for several years. Needless to say my 4 1/2 hour trip turned into a 7 hour trip. I got about halfway there and after staying in the car as long as I could, I decided to stretch my legs and googled "vape store near me." Well luckily I was going through a pretty big town and there was one just off the interstate. I pulled into this strip mall and I saw this huge vape store (one of the largest that I have been in. I walked in with my Cartel Revenant and vaped a little while looking around A young salesman came up to me and asked me if he could help and I told him that I would like to look for a matching drip tip for the Big Baby Beast that was mounted on the Revenant. He took a look at my mod and said "Wow you are the first one that has walked through the doors vaping one of those." He continued saying that everyone in the shop vaped them and loved them. I told him my story about my first purchase and that I had recently purchased my second Revenant. He wanted to see my other one so I went out to the car and got it. He had some really nice wood drip tips and we picked out some matching ones for both of my big babys. I asked him how much and he said that they were $10 each but that he wanted to give them to me because he liked my taste in mods and that no one had ever walked through the doors with one. WOW, What?, Okay Great and Thanks a lot !!! I couldn't believe it but was not complaining. I picked up some premade claptons and paid for them and they were very reasonable. Needless to say, I was one happy camper and it made the rest of the trip really much less painful. Here is a photo of the new tips.
View attachment 81940
Great story and awesome drip tips! Purple one is especially sweet. Kudos to that vape shop!

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love the Revenant. The only deal is you dont know what color you will get till it arrives because each one is unique. They are all beautiful though.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
I've not had a look at em yet. Are they stab-wood or resin?? I've not got that pocket deep into my mods yet, my most expensive so far was the smok alien I think. But I'm getting a asmodus minikin v2 on Monday, £80 with 2 batteries, can't wait for that.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've not had a look at em yet. Are they stab-wood or resin?? I've not got that pocket deep into my mods yet, my most expensive so far was the smok alien I think. But I'm getting a asmodus minikin v2 on Monday, £80 with 2 batteries, can't wait for that.

I hope you like your Minikin. It seems to be a favorite with many people. :)

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

They are resin and are a little pricey but not as bad as some. Just all in preference. I have had a lot of different mods and these are my favorites. The DNA boards are also great. I just like having something different than everyone else and the fact that they work like a champ is an added benefit. Good luck with whatever you choose.

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are resin and are a little pricey but not as bad as some. Just all in preference. I have had a lot of different mods and these are my favorites. The DNA boards are also great. I just like having something different than everyone else and the fact that they work like a champ is an added benefit. Good luck with whatever you choose.
I've been Vaping 3 yrs now, sub-tanks only, and I've just started to get into using the curve settings and it's not as hard as I thought it'd be, and I like some of the dna mods like Therion and another couple makes, So might be looking into them. Yours are really nice , I've seen some and they go to £5-700. Mad prices.

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your revenant has shared with Vaporesso and cartel and revenant. My Vaporesso nebula, and tarot nano have the omni board but obviously mine aren't dna? Are they heavy??

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your revenant has shared with Vaporesso and cartel and revenant. My Vaporesso nebula, and tarot nano have the omni board but obviously mine aren't dna? Are they heavy??

They have the Omni board and not DNA. I was just saying that I also like the DNA board. They have a good feel to them. Nice and solid but not real light like an internal lipo mod. I really prefer something with a little heft to it.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice tips, good price too, I've paid up to $25 for some of my DT's
IMG_0853_zps06f72b5f.jpg

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 81940
Ive Just googled your revenant and I'd be happy with any random one of them. I thought they were going to be a lot more expensive than I seen them. They look quality and I'm used to the omni-board with my Vaporesso mods. I just need to justify to myself to spend that money when I've got 6 mods I use/like already. And a minikin v2 due. But it's just something about vaping and new goods, it's addictive .

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
it's just something about vaping and new goods, it's addictive .

I know! I started vaping last November with one vaporizer (Subvod-C) and I now have 9 mods with a 10th mod on the way. I also have a collection of attys that I love. I hope vaping is around forever, I never want to go back to analogs!

StephenGeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know! I started vaping last November with one vaporizer (Subvod-C) and I now have 9 mods with a 10th mod on the way. I also have a collection of attys that I love. I hope vaping is around forever, I never want to go back to analogs!
Yh, same here, I've just started in on the juice sales, So want a couple sub-tanks b4 the 20th. Is it right what I heard that you can still buy tanks larger than 2ml volume and large bottles liquid online?? Or is that outlawed too.

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive Just googled your revenant and I'd be happy with any random one of them. I thought they were going to be a lot more expensive than I seen them. They look quality and I'm used to the omni-board with my Vaporesso mods. I just need to justify to myself to spend that money when I've got 6 mods I use/like already. And a minikin v2 due. But it's just something about vaping and new goods, it's addictive .

I love everything about the Cartel Revenant, size, weight, resin body, performance, and for some reason I seemed to be getting more battery life compared to some of my other mods with the same setup. I guess I kinda went backwards but received my first Vaporesso mod today. It is the Tarot Pro 160.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors