Become a Patron!

Great tank for RX200?

RedDirtTrooper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@VapeVillian Well damn, now I've got conflicting info so I'm back to fence sitting. :) Really not in a hurry, my crown is working fine, but I'm sure I'll want to build again at some point. Thanks for the info, I guess I'll just keep waiting until somebody does a side by side comparison or something.

@PryingOpenMyThirdEye Congrats on the vape mail. Definitely a nice looking combo in the teal there.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@PryingOpenMyThirdEye Nice man! Don't forget to double check you have the 3.0 firmware (turn off, then click fire button 20 times). Enjoy the vape m8.

Happy Vaping

Thanks, my good sir. I actually forgot to check and you did in fact remind me. It was actually 3.0 already which kinda surprised me but not really because I got it from VapeNW and they sell thousands of these. Appreciate the reminder though!

Cheers!

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@PryingOpenMyThirdEye Congrats on the vape mail. Definitely a nice looking combo in the teal there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, my friend. I thought so myself. The Hannya RDA looks pretty good on it too even though I got it for the cricket.

Attachments

• 20160220_110602.jpg
    20160220_110602.jpg
    781.2 KB · Views: 16

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@RedDirtTrooper Yea man, if it ain't broke don't fix it. LoLz. That's the great thing about the Vaping market, there's something for everyone and new stuff out pretty much every week.

@PryingOpenMyThirdEye Glad everything's up n running. How you liking it?
Loving them, man! Don't have any other attys to compare them to, but DAMN do they hit like freight trains on this RX. Also compared to my kanger top box, holy fucking shit.

Got nauseous after my first 3 hits on 3mg nic and I've been vaping 6mg since I've started on the kanger. I picked up a few 3mg juices to prepare for dripping and STILL got a bit nic sick. AWESOME!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Loving them, man! Don't have any other attys to compare them to, but DAMN do they hit like freight trains on this RX. Also compared to my kanger top box, holy fucking shit.

Got nauseous after my first 3 hits on 3mg nic and I've been vaping 6mg since I've started on the kanger. I picked up a few 3mg juices to prepare for dripping and STILL got a bit nic sick. AWESOME!
Lol
I dropped to 2.5mgs on the RX/Griffin and still get get a strong nic hit..2 hits and I'm good..its awesome with dual Claptons at 80w..just sayin

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Lol
I dropped to 2.5mgs on the RX/Griffin and still get get a strong nic hit..2 hits and I'm good..its awesome with dual Claptons at 80w..just sayin

That's what I built. Dual Clapton's .5 ohm.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hahaha..yep that's what my clapton's are too... .5 single and about .25 ohms duals..but they vape awesome, don't they?
Great minds think alike. Lol

Absolutely. I have 26/32 kanthal A1... How many wraps at what mm can I achieve .25 on dual?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Absolutely. I have 26/32 kanthal A1... How many wraps at what mm can I achieve .25 on dual?

I use the same 26/32g Kanthel.. 5 wraps on a 3mm bit gives me about .5 ohms..maybe a tad more..duals cut it in half, about .25 ohms..vape great with organic cotton, 100% VG, at about 75-80w on the RX200... hope this helps some!

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I use the same 26/32g Kanthel.. 5 wraps on a 3mm bit gives me about .5 ohms..maybe a tad more..duals cut it in half, about .25 ohms..vape great with organic cotton, 100% VG, at about 75-80w on the RX200... hope this helps some!

Yeah I busted out the coil calculator before you replied and it's apprx 4-5 wraps.

I'm vaping a 99% VG juice I made and its milky as a pregger bitches sweaty titties. Funny you talk about cotton. I have SO much koh gen do, but I been reading good things about the cellulose rayon fiber cotton. I couldn't resist and went to Sally's today and they only had the 3lb box. I'm like wtf and the broad (ex-vaper) was all like just try it in your vape and if it sucks I'll let you return it with the receipt. It was game on. Paid $18 and change and this shit is fantastic. Not to mention I now have enough cotton for two lifetimes.... Anyway, I spread it out and rolled it up; wicks like a god damn dream. So fluffy and absorbent. From what I hear people have gone a week + without having to rewick using this stuff. That's not my style though. I rewick everyday but good to know.

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@PryingOpenMyThirdEye Glad to hear you're enjoying it m8! Bout the nic level (I know this may not be the case, but it was for me). I've spent far to much on ejuice and have yet to find a juice I'd be comfortable buying in bulk. I have settled currently on 2 juices (Coolbreezevapors Vapor Lock 6mg and Milk Man by one hit wonder 3mg). I pretty much chain vape goin through 20-30mls a day. After trying literally hundreds of juices at different nic levels, I've found that with the 1.5, 3, and 6 mg all hit and feel relatively the same as far as the "buzz." Something to check is the manufacturer of the nicotine in your juice. I've never had a problem (nicotine wise) with any juice use TruNic. I don't really notice the different nic lvls when switching between the 3 and 6mg juices. Only time I do is when I break out my .10 dual parallels and Jack up the Watts to 130+. Just tossing this out there.

Happy Vaping

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@PryingOpenMyThirdEye Glad to hear you're enjoying it m8! Bout the nic level (I know this may not be the case, but it was for me). I've spent far to much on ejuice and have yet to find a juice I'd be comfortable buying in bulk. I have settled currently on 2 juices (Coolbreezevapors Vapor Lock 6mg and Milk Man by one hit wonder 3mg). I pretty much chain vape goin through 20-30mls a day. After trying literally hundreds of juices at different nic levels, I've found that with the 1.5, 3, and 6 mg all hit and feel relatively the same as far as the "buzz." Something to check is the manufacturer of the nicotine in your juice. I've never had a problem (nicotine wise) with any juice use TruNic. I don't really notice the different nic lvls when switching between the 3 and 6mg juices. Only time I do is when I break out my .10 dual parallels and Jack up the Watts to 130+. Just tossing this out there.

Happy Vaping

The only manufacturer that I know of (and I don't know what manufacturers use what nic) that uses TruNic is OHW. From what I've heard and seen, its really strong and if you're used to 6mg you should order 3mg. I wouldn't know yet, but I'll know on Wednesday when my OHW vape mail comes in.

On a side note, I set that noisy cricket up last night and OH MY CLOUDS. This thing is SERIOUS!!!

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only manufacturer that I know of (and I don't know what manufacturers use what nic) that uses TruNic is OHW. From what I've heard and seen, its really strong and if you're used to 6mg you should order 3mg. I wouldn't know yet, but I'll know on Wednesday when my OHW vape mail comes in.

On a side note, I set that noisy cricket up last night and OH MY CLOUDS. This thing is SERIOUS!!!

Yeah, it may be stronger and I'm honestly not sure as I only buy juices that use it. Also, I'm coming from a 2 & 1/2 pack a day to 24mg vape to chain vaping 6 & 3mg. I'm still trying to work out all the kinks LoLz.

What batteries you running in your noisy cricket?

Enjoy your cotton LoLz

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, it may be stronger and I'm honestly not sure as I only buy juices that use it. Also, I'm coming from a 2 & 1/2 pack a day to 24mg vape to chain vaping 6 & 3mg. I'm still trying to work out all the kinks LoLz.

What batteries you running in your noisy cricket?

Enjoy your cotton LoLz
Good for you, brother! I was a pack a day smoker and I'm coming up on one month without a single stinker. Can you fill me in on some suppliers that use TruNic that you can think of off the top of your head?

I have Sony VTC4's in the N.C. as I've heard they work good in series mechs.

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good for you, brother! I was a pack a day smoker and I'm coming up on one month without a single stinker. Can you fill me in on some suppliers that use TruNic that you can think of off the top of your head?

I have Sony VTC4's in the N.C. as I've heard they work good in series mechs.

You looking for DIY TruNic or "Premium" juices that use it?

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You looking for DIY TruNic or "Premium" juices that use it?
I didn't think I could get it for DIY but if so then YES preferably in the U.S. I'm using VaporsTek and its great.

I did mean premium juice makers who use it besides OHW.

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't think I could get it for DIY but if so then YES preferably in the U.S. I'm using VaporsTek and its great.

I did mean premium juice makers who use it besides OHW.

The DIY you can actually get from them at their website, you just have to contact them and they'll let you know if you can buy the amount you want from them or if you don't want to buy a bulk amount (I believe it's 1gal but I'm not sure), they'll let you know who they're 3rd party suppliers are.

With juices, you got tons. One hit wonder and coolbreezevapors are the 2 I'm currently use. If you type in TruNic in the search wherever you're buying at it should pull up all the juices with it.

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Won't let me edit, but just a thing about the the 1 hitvwonder. I've tried rocket man and Milk Man and I'm not a desert/yogurt lover. The milk man is a strawberry milk cream but it subtle and nice. It's pretty good at da clouds too (if you're into that). Rocket man is supposed to be blueberry Greek yogurt with granola. Granola is strong on the exhale with a sweet blueberry but tart yogurt on inhale. Super weird but oddly good.

I'm still trying to find a good fruit juice though.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The DIY you can actually get from them at their website, you just have to contact them and they'll let you know if you can buy the amount you want from them or if you don't want to buy a bulk amount (I believe it's 1gal but I'm not sure), they'll let you know who they're 3rd party suppliers are.

With juices, you got tons. One hit wonder and coolbreezevapors are the 2 I'm currently use. If you type in TruNic in the search wherever you're buying at it should pull up all the juices with it.
I've been on their site before and yeah only saw bulk amounts for sale. Unfortunately, I don't make enough juice to justify buying a gallon. Maybe a liter at most. Plus I have a 120ml of VT and a sample from NN in the freezer so I've gotta cruise through that first, but I'll be sure to shoot them an email to see if they have any suppliers in mind that will sell me a 120ml.

Thanks for all the info you've been very helpful.

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been on their site before and yeah only saw bulk amounts for sale. Unfortunately, I don't make enough juice to justify buying a gallon. Maybe a liter at most. Plus I have a 120ml of VT and a sample from NN in the freezer so I've gotta cruise through that first, but I'll be sure to shoot them an email to see if they have any suppliers in mind that will sell me a 120ml.

Thanks for all the info you've been very helpful.

NP m8! Have a good one.

kim leith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My 2cents on tanks I've tried with the RX. Not a tank hoarder, but I have 7 tanks.
So far the Aromamizer is tops, then my Kanger Subtank V2 I think it is.
Really wanting to give one of the Griffin a closer look.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My 2cents on tanks I've tried with the RX. Not a tank hoarder, but I have 7 tanks.
So far the Aromamizer is tops, then my Kanger Subtank V2 I think it is.
Really wanting to give one of the Griffin a closer look.
I think the Griffin is top dog of all the RTA's...cant go wrong getting a Griff!

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm going Griffin. Anybody who actually has one swears by it. I'm considering the aromamizer as well, but I've heard they have some leaking issues like TFV4.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My brother came down for a visit today with his RX200 and blew this cloud on his Griffin..
00b4a45d7731cbe6669e0acc67350c46.jpg
Won't win a comp but amazing vapor from a RTA

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm going Griffin. Anybody who actually has one swears by it. I'm considering the aromamizer as well, but I've heard they have some leaking issues like TFV4.

Griffin's a great choice. Aromamizer is great at flavor but that's pretty much all its good for. I used mine for a couple days then gave it to the vape shop for a flavor tester. Definitely, in absolutely no way, does the aromamizer justify a higher price than the Griffin. That stupid rubber band to control airflow is horrendous. Hope I helped you save some money m8

My brother came down for a visit today with his RX200 and blew this cloud on his Griffin..
00b4a45d7731cbe6669e0acc67350c46.jpg
Won't win a comp but amazing vapor from a RTA

Oh yeah man. It definitely Chuck's. What build and juice is your brother running? I finally got the 4 coils to actually work (4x 24 w/11 wraps around 2mm). It's too much for me as it just instantly slams you with more Vapor than air LoLz.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Griffin's a great choice. Aromamizer is great at flavor but that's pretty much all its good for. I used mine for a couple days then gave it to the vape shop for a flavor tester. Definitely, in absolutely no way, does the aromamizer justify a higher price than the Griffin. That stupid rubber band to control airflow is horrendous. Hope I helped you save some money m8

Oh yeah man. It definitely Chuck's. What build and juice is your brother running? I finally got the 4 coils to actually work (4x 24 w/11 wraps around 2mm). It's too much for me as it just instantly slams you with more Vapor than air LoLz.
Thanks!
It's a simple dual 24g Nichrome build..
10 wraps on a 3mm bit at about .24 ohms or so.. I think he uses Japanese cotton for the wicks.. I have the same 24g build in my Griff but using organic cotton..side by side I would give the edge to the Japanese cotton for flavor..cloud wise they about the same..

F

fckaugust8th

Moonshot's got a tiny juice reservoir and a build deck that I wouldn't want to touch
You got it right. Wicking is pretty easy and it vapes nice. Considering that I'm using the Nautilus RBA, the Moonshot's deck is huge to me:(

RedDirtTrooper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You got it right. Wicking is pretty easy and it vapes nice. Considering that I'm using the Nautilus RBA, the Moonshot's deck is huge to me:(

The build deck isn't too tiny, just strange with the way the wire holes are positioned down low and under the lip around the air inlet. The thought of making little micro bends trying to get my coil legs just right every time I built the thing is just a big turn off for me honestly.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm really loving this Griffin, but could somebody please tell me what's going on? Whenever I rewick and fill, I'm getting more than leaking. I'd consider it a small spill. Here is what I'm doing:

After cleaning everything up, I rewick and tuck my rayon under the ring. Cotton is not too thick and not too thin. I then prime the cotton and put everything back together. Ensuring the juice and air control are both closed, I then fill and put the top cap on. Once the cap is on and everything is tight I open up the juice and then air control. Go to take a hit and "gurgle gurgle".... Followed by a spill large enough to get under the tank and I have to clean everything up with paper towel and q tips. Put the tank back on and then I'm fine after that.

What am I doing wrong if anything!?

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm really loving this Griffin, but could somebody please tell me what's going on? Whenever I rewick and fill, I'm getting more than leaking. I'd consider it a small spill. Here is what I'm doing:

After cleaning everything up, I rewick and tuck my rayon under the ring. Cotton is not too thick and not too thin. I then prime the cotton and put everything back together. Ensuring the juice and air control are both closed, I then fill and put the top cap on. Once the cap is on and everything is tight I open up the juice and then air control. Go to take a hit and "gurgle gurgle".... Followed by a spill large enough to get under the tank and I have to clean everything up with paper towel and q tips. Put the tank back on and then I'm fine after that.

What am I doing wrong if anything!?
I think it may be 1 of 2 things. Double check your o rings on the top and bottom of your glass. If that's not it, it's the wicking. Make sure that your wick is just barely inside the guide ring. And by just barely I mean no wick below the ring, but enough that it can be tucked just inside. If you take off the deck and are looking at it from the pin up to the deck, you should only see your wicking. Any holes and it leaks. Also, make sure you're screwing it together tight enough. Gotta hold the airflow section and the part right above and twist it tight. Lemme know if that helps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

skizzums

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Indulgence "MUTANK" is really awesome. The most airflow of many of my tanks and the build deck is big with HUGE juice channels. Even the factory coils are great, the smallest ones are rated for 150 watts. The top-fill has large enough holes to fit even glass droppers into(please close airflow first) and it's overall quality built. I can't say enough great things about it. I have the iJoy Reaper Plus headed my way from eFun.com for 19.99, it looks killer as well. The RX200 is a great mod and, out of the box, it runs TC on SS perfect, i run 316L and it's spot on. For now the MUTANK is my favorite.

Notice how the middle post is elevated, and leaves an open x under it that lets all the channels connect.

The build deck and the factory coils are very big and doesn't leave a ton of room for juice, but it does allow you to run some crazy duals/quads to make use of your 200 watt mod.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think it may be 1 of 2 things. Double check your o rings on the top and bottom of your glass. If that's not it, it's the wicking. Make sure that your wick is just barely inside the guide ring. And by just barely I mean no wick below the ring, but enough that it can be tucked just inside. If you take off the deck and are looking at it from the pin up to the deck, you should only see your wicking. Any holes and it leaks. Also, make sure you're screwing it together tight enough. Gotta hold the airflow section and the part right above and twist it tight. Lemme know if that helps.

Thanks so much for the feedback...

It's not leaking from the glass. It's coming from the airflow. After the last spill everything was going fine and as I'm reading your post I feel warmth on my hand and over half of a full tank just came out. What a mess. I'm cleaning it now. This tank is starting to piss me off but I know more than likely it's the user. This is my first real tank aside from the kanger subtank that came with my top box mini.

With that being said, I think it's my wicking. I definitely crammed the cotton under the ring and you can see the cotton clearly when I open up the juice control. I'm going to rewick doing what you just suggested and I'll update. One other thing... Should I be leaving the juice control open all the time except for when I'm refilling or should I be closing it and only reopening when I'm approaching a dry hit?

The Indulgence "MUTANK" is really awesome. The most airflow of many of my tanks and the build deck is big with HUGE juice channels. Even the factory coils are great, the smallest ones are rated for 150 watts. The top-fill has large enough holes to fit even glass droppers into(please close airflow first) and it's overall quality built. I can't say enough great things about it. I have the iJoy Reaper Plus headed my way from eFun.com for 19.99, it looks killer as well. The RX200 is a great mod and, out of the box, it runs TC on SS perfect, i run 316L and it's spot on. For now the MUTANK is my favorite.

Notice how the middle post is elevated, and leaves an open x under it that lets all the channels connect.

The build deck and the factory coils are very big and doesn't leave a ton of room for juice, but it does allow you to run some crazy duals/quads to make use of your 200 watt mod.

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I leave mine open all the time except for filling. Shouldn't have cotton anywhere below that ring. When it's open, you should see the juice chamber, no cotton. Gonna post some pics.

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks so much for the feedback...

It's not leaking from the glass. It's coming from the airflow. After the last spill everything was going fine and as I'm reading your post I feel warmth on my hand and over half of a full tank just came out. What a mess. I'm cleaning it now. This tank is starting to piss me off but I know more than likely it's the user. This is my first real tank aside from the kanger subtank that came with my top box mini.

With that being said, I think it's my wicking. I definitely crammed the cotton under the ring and you can see the cotton clearly when I open up the juice control. I'm going to rewick doing what you just suggested and I'll update. One other thing... Should I be leaving the juice control open all the time except for when I'm refilling or should I be closing it and only reopening when I'm approaching a dry hit?

9f228e0cbbc63ea062eb25861dc11c35.jpg

f13b3b169dda550398b1219daf858ca0.jpg

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Honestly, having too much cotton shouldn't cause it. All I can think of, is that maybe the juice control is pulling the cotton and causing an opening on the other end of the wick. Have you double checked your o rings? I know when I first got mine, I didn't even notice I had lost one during my initial cleaning. And make sure your tightening your deck to the tank by hold both sections you see on the pics above. Lemme know how it goes.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Honestly, having too much cotton shouldn't cause it. All I can think of, is that maybe the juice control is pulling the cotton and causing an opening on the other end of the wick. Have you double checked your o rings? I know when I first got mine, I didn't even notice I had lost one during my initial cleaning. And make sure your tightening your deck to the tank by hold both sections you see on the pics above. Lemme know how it goes.

Yeah my o rings are there still. I almost lost one cleaning cause yeah, they're loose. But I caught it and it's been on and every time I clean I remove them or just keep my thumb over them. I'm done rewicking. Wish me luck.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well. I thought I was in the clear and after about five minutes it leaked again. This is irritating.

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try just shutting your juice holes half open. Also, make sure your 510 pin is completely screwed in.

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If that doesn't work, fill your tank to just above the juice holes. Open the juice flow. If it leaks then it's a place to start. If it doesn't leak, fill to just above where the chimney connects. Let it sit for a bit. If it leaks there it's probably a bad oring. Can you snap a pick of your tank leaking?

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well with every rewick after the initial fill, it leaks and then it's fine. Not sure what would cause that. I'm going to try swapping the o rings.

I did extend the contact on the pin because it was giving unstable readings on my ohm reader. I'll try putting that back up, too.

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A little bit is expected after rewicking due to the juice dropping down the airholes after soaking it. But a lot is not good. If it's leaking through the airflow, somehow it's getting flooded. If it's leaking OUT above the airflow and juice control ring (where your deck starts by the black o ring), then it's either a bad o ring or not screwed tight enough (but not to tight). If it's leaking between the "cap" (the part that goes over your deck and connects to the chimney), and the glass, again either not screwed in tight enough or bad o ring.

VU Sponsors