Become a Patron!

Greetings from Charlotte, NC

cvostreetglide

Member For 2 Years
I've been vaping for about 2 years now and just stumbled across you folks. Glad to be here and look forward to learning more about the vaping world from folks that know.

Now my vape story.... ok. 2 years ago (@58 years young) I was out to lunch with a co-worker who vaped and she needed some juice so as I was driving I stopped by the local shop so she could get what she needed. I had been smoking since a was a teenager and tried so many times to quit it wasn't funny. I DID quit cigarettes about 19 years ago but after 3 months I got started on cigars... sheesh. Smoked them ever since and when we stopped at the vape shop she suggested I come in and look.... and that vaping would help me quit. Yeah right... But I went in and looked around. I thought that perhaps buying a mod, tank and some juice wouldn't be a bad idea then perhaps one day when I was "ready" to try yet again, I'd have one more weapon in my arsenal.

Well, this was on a Friday and when I got home that night I was of course playing with my new toy and making first attempts to suck vapor into my lungs... tougher than I thought. The next morning I played with it again then went about weekly chores stopping for little breaks and playing with the vapor. Kinda fun. It was later that afternoon that I realized that HEY.... I hardly smoked nor did I want to.... huh? hmmmm ok . Well if I don't want to then I won't...but if I need a cigar they're right here... no pressure.

That's it... end of story. I haven't smoked since nor have I wanted to. 40 freaking years of smoking and that was it? I tried everything and nothing helped... and this is all I needed to do?

Anyway, that's the story and I fumbled my way into this and have been flying by the seat of my pants the whole way but it's been a great journey and I owe a lot to vaping and look forward to meeting and chatting with like minded folks like you all.
Vape on
Bob

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I've been vaping for about 2 years now and just stumbled across you folks. Glad to be here and look forward to learning more about the vaping world from folks that know.

Now my vape story.... ok. 2 years ago (@58 years young) I was out to lunch with a co-worker who vaped and she needed some juice so as I was driving I stopped by the local shop so she could get what she needed. I had been smoking since a was a teenager and tried so many times to quit it wasn't funny. I DID quit cigarettes about 19 years ago but after 3 months I got started on cigars... sheesh. Smoked them ever since and when we stopped at the vape shop she suggested I come in and look.... and that vaping would help me quit. Yeah right... But I went in and looked around. I thought that perhaps buying a mod, tank and some juice wouldn't be a bad idea then perhaps one day when I was "ready" to try yet again, I'd have one more weapon in my arsenal.

Well, this was on a Friday and when I got home that night I was of course playing with my new toy and making first attempts to suck vapor into my lungs... tougher than I thought. The next morning I played with it again then went about weekly chores stopping for little breaks and playing with the vapor. Kinda fun. It was later that afternoon that I realized that HEY.... I hardly smoked nor did I want to.... huh? hmmmm ok . Well if I don't want to then I won't...but if I need a cigar they're right here... no pressure.

That's it... end of story. I haven't smoked since nor have I wanted to. 40 freaking years of smoking and that was it? I tried everything and nothing helped... and this is all I needed to do?

Anyway, that's the story and I fumbled my way into this and have been flying by the seat of my pants the whole way but it's been a great journey and I owe a lot to vaping and look forward to meeting and chatting with like minded folks like you all.
Vape on
Bob
Welcome Bob, great story!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Welcome to VU Bob:wave:

Inspiring story - great to be smoke free at any age - yes?

And one great step in the right direction!

And if you stay smoke-free for the next 6 months you qualify for a deluxe date with our very own JuicyLucy at your nearest White Castle:hearts:

Also my fellow VU members, this is the last time you will be hearing from me.

EVER.

I kinda think that once JuicyLucy reads this, I am a dead man:giggle:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
And one great step in the right direction!

And if you stay smoke-free for the next 6 months you qualify for a deluxe date with our very own JuicyLucy at your nearest White Castle:hearts:

Also my fellow VU members, this is the last time you will be hearing from me.

EVER.

I kinda think that once JuicyLucy reads this, I am a dead man:giggle:

As long as you don't think you can get away with those cheap frozen pucks you microwave at home!

(Would be worth it just to see Uncle RJ dust the cobwebs out of his wallet to spring for that dinner - yes, I do want fries with that!!!)

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
As long as you don't think you can get away with those cheap frozen pucks you microwave at home!

(Would be worth it just to see Uncle RJ dust the cobwebs out of his wallet to spring for that dinner - yes, I do want fries with that!!!)

I will have you know that there are no cobwebs in my wallet and truth be told, I don't even have a wallet.

Just a simple Purse made from a Bull Scrotum if you must know!

Consider yourself invited for dinner and if you must have them, Uber Greasy Fries and Depends will be provided!:D:crazy::blowkiss:

CactusCutie

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the party Bob!:stars2:
Isn't vaping great?:inlove:
I've only been at it a few days and I love it.
I'll repeat the advice given to me. Take some time to read the vocabulary. It is a bit like learning a new language but it starts to sink in slowly if you don't let it overwhelm you.
Have fun and explore the forums.
That and just not being afraid to ask questions or participate.
Everyone here is so nice and will answer your questions or at least direct you on where to find the info.

Welcome to the VU community and look forward to hearing more from you. :cheers:
C.C.

Oh.........and the curiosity is killing me. I gotta see that hairy ball purse! Pic please.

cvostreetglide

Member For 2 Years
Thanks for the warm welcome folks. Yes CC, I noticed right away that the folks here were very helpful just by reading some of the other posts and seeing it in action. I'll have questions as things move along and the dust settles here at home... been busy but plan to start doing some building and will undoubtedly be seeking advice.
Thanks again.
Bob

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
You left the hair on, ROFL

JL, you should know by now that I am into details.

Each Segment/Ball gets its own hair color.

In this case Green, Yellow, Blue, and Red.

And yes I do get a lot of attention.

Sadly for whatever reason, the priest of Our Mother of Perpetual Bullshit does not approve!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
JL, you should know by now that I am into details.

Each Segment/Ball gets its own hair color.

In this case Green, Yellow, Blue, and Red.

And yes I do get a lot of attention.

Sadly for whatever reason, the priest of Our Mother of Perpetual Bullshit does not approve!

Simple blue balls can also be fetching IMHO

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey welcome.goos to see another Carolinian here. I'm just west of Winston Salem. Glad to see you made the switch to vaping. It's a wonderful but deep rabbit hole. Have fun.lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors