Become a Patron!

Greetz from Alberta Canada

Mazul

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey All,

Been lurking for a while, awesome forum and I'm excited to join!

I'm 3.5 months free from 35+ years of pounding in coffin nails. Tried everything else, but vaping worked for me!

I bought my first vape nearly two years ago, a Kangertech topbox mini. I'd play with it a bit, then wouldn't touch for weeks or months. On one attempt I managed one FULL day without smokes and that was an important milestone for me, it gave me confidence I COULD do it.

Then a few more things sort of came together and solidified a resolution to switch. The anniversary of my dad's death came up. He died of lung cancer before 70 after smoking over 50 years and I had promised to quit. I started a new job and I decided to use that opportunity. I decided to quit the day I started so as to not associate my new job with smoking and it worked. I was pretty squirelly for about 4 days but whenever I needed a smoke I hammered on my vape until the feeling went away.

In the months since I've switched I've started making DIY juice, found that I like RDAs so RTAs are next up on the agenda and soon I'm going to start making my own coils because I find it interesting.

Looking forward to hanging out around here and continue learning!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hey All,

I'm 3.5 months free from 35+ years of pounding in coffin nails. Tried everything else, but vaping worked for me!

I bought my first vape nearly two years ago, a Kangertech topbox mini. I'd play with it a bit, then wouldn't touch for weeks or months. On one attempt I managed one FULL day without smokes and that was an important milestone for me, it gave me confidence I COULD do it.

Then a few more things sort of came together and solidified a resolution to switch. The anniversary of my dad's death came up. He died of lung cancer before 70 after smoking over 50 years and I had promised to quit. I started a new job and I decided to use that opportunity. I decided to quit the day I started so as to not associate my new job with smoking and it worked. I was pretty squirelly for about 4 days but whenever I needed a smoke I hammered on my vape until the feeling went away.

In the months since I've switched I've started making DIY juice, found that I like RDAs so RTAs are next up on the agenda and soon I'm going to start making my own coils because I find it interesting.

Welcome :wave:

And congratulations on quitting!

Mazul

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks folks!

Just got my first big boy mod today, a Wismec Reuleaux Gen 3. I also bought a Cleito 120 and the RTA and fatboy tank for it, some Sony VCT5As, and a 4 bay 2A Golisi charger. Snagged a few new flavors while I was it too, Coffee, Irish Cream, Wild Blueberry, Guava and Pink Lemonaid. Gonna be a fun weekend!

Ya, I read lots of reviews before pulling the trigger on the Wismec, lots of online hate for the brand, but some support too to be fair. Hope mine is ok. I bought it mainly for the compactness and I hope the battery capacity can get me through a day without charging, I have no intention of vaping anywhere near 300W.

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey All,

Since you are from Canada, I would like to share a link with you to a site some Redditors said had the cheapest batteries in Canada. The site itself claims to have the most vaping supplies in Canada.

http://www.canvape.com/Default.asp

Be warned as eliquid with nicotine and other vaping products are technically illegal in Canada but unenforced.
-------------------------------
Many countries such as Brazil, Singapore, the Seychelles, Uruguay, and Norway have banned e-cigarettes. In Canada, they are technically illegal to sell, as no nicotine-containing e-fluid is approved by Health Canada, but this is generally unenforced and they are commonly available for sale Canada-wide.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulation_of_electronic_cigarettes

Mazul

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Since you are from Canada, I would like to share a link with you to a site some Redditors said had the cheapest batteries in Canada. The site itself claims to have the most vaping supplies in Canada.

http://www.canvape.com/Default.asp

Be warned as eliquid with nicotine and other vaping products are technically illegal in Canada but unenforced.
-------------------------------
Many countries such as Brazil, Singapore, the Seychelles, Uruguay, and Norway have banned e-cigarettes. In Canada, they are technically illegal to sell, as no nicotine-containing e-fluid is approved by Health Canada, but this is generally unenforced and they are commonly available for sale Canada-wide.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulation_of_electronic_cigarettes
Thanks Polargirl! ;) Yup, I Canvape! The order I got today that I showed in the pic came from them. It was my third or fourth order from them and I buy most of my stuff from them including base 48 nic. The other place I like for DIY juice supplies is https://www.fusionflavours.ca/ . They have a huge selection of flavors and they sell custom premixed VG/PG, pick your own ratio.

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks Polargirl! ;) Yup, I Canvape! The order I got today that I showed in the pic came from them. It was my third or fourth order from them and I buy most of my stuff from them including base 48 nic. The other place I like for DIY juice supplies is https://www.fusionflavours.ca/ . They have a huge selection of flavors and they sell custom premixed VG/PG, pick your own ratio.

Don't know if you are familiar with them but here are some more Canadian links:

http://vapertoronto.ca/
http://www.batterycanada.com/

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Hello and welcome. Looks like shinyitis is creeping up on you. Full disclosure - we are shameless enabler's! :D

Mazul

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello and welcome. Looks like shinyitis is creeping up on you. Full disclosure - we are shameless enabler's! :D
I'm feeling the pull already ;) I want a squonker and a DNA mod and a mech mod and a ... and a ... and a .... :bliss:

It's really different than when I started to vape. I assumed I would just buy one and that would be the end of it and I'd save huge $$$. In reality I've spent about the same on hardware, juice DIY supplies during the time I haven't smoked. But it's ok, my health is worth it and it's become a hobby.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey All,

Welcome & congrats!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

dropin_biking

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the forums man. Have you dealt with Vape29? e-juice in Toronto. Shipping is free. They also sell mods and attys.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Welcome Mazul...Its great to see another canuck in the forums not paying ciggy tax. Realizing how great vaping is then getting shinyitis is just the way it goes, we've all gone through it. Once the newbieness wears off then maybe start rebuilding and/or DIY juice then your vape journey just accelerates to new levels of greatness.

VU Sponsors