Grieving Dog

Discussion in 'Non-Vaping Related' started by IcepickMaker84, May 17, 2019 at 1:16 PM.

1. IcepickMaker84

IcepickMaker84 Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    On Wednesday we had to put my parents’ dog to sleep and since I watched the dog everyday my dog is very much upset since she knows he’s not here anymore. How do you comfort a grieving dog? I sit with her and try to be supportive like a would a person but it doesn’t seem to help. Any tips?

Sent from the dark side of the moon.

2. gadget!

gadget! "The Trader" VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    That's a tough one, losing a pet is tough enough on us but for a dog's companion it has to be rough.

Do something with her that she likes to get her mind off of it a little bit. If she likes going for walks or going for a ride something like that might help.

Good luck, I feel your pain. :(

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

3. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Oh, I know how tough that is. I'm so sorry.

My Penny kitty really isolated after our Bosco passed. She's still quite content in being by herself. She does come out to greet me, late at night, she likes my dog, she doesn't like the other cat I got, in hopes that having a companion for her might help. It didn't.

I guess like people, only time heals. Love, hugs and time. I'm so sorry pup.

susieqz, inspects, DogMan and 4 others like this.
  4. SteveS45

SteveS45 Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Sucks and so hard to offer suggestions but all I can say is to offer her the unconditional love they give us.

Last edited: May 17, 2019 at 5:10 PM
  5. IcepickMaker84

Blog Posts:
    Thanks everyone! What’s weird is Thor is completely oblivious to Bj being missing but Luna knows.

6. SteveS45

SteveS45 Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    There is always bringing a new puppy home for one to become an instant Mommy or Daddy for. Doesn't always work but most times it does. Save a rescue pooch and give it a new loving home. Just an idea.

2WhiteWolves and IcepickMaker84 like this.
  7. IcepickMaker84

Blog Posts:
    I’ve thought about that and the idea of a black...or chocolate lab puppy around the house isn’t something I’m opposed to.

SteveS45, 2WhiteWolves and Letitia9 like this.
  8. NGAHaze

NGAHaze Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    It's National Adoption Weekend at Petsmart this weekend ... could be a good sign. :D

9. Letitia9

Letitia9 Therion/Nano Junkie VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Condolences to all. Best thing is to just carry on with her normal routine. It can take quite a while for her to stop moping but as long as she eats she'll come around. When Em's cat Jasper died she grieved for a few weeks but I just kept to our normal routines with exercise and feeding, etc.