Griffin 25 Coil Build Issues

mordor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello

My griffin 25 has a dual coil but i get no clouds. This is the first time i use a subohm tank, so can you help me? What i want is dry (?) huge clouds (At least). I used .26 kanthal on 2,5mm with 6 wraps. Another build had 5 wraps. I am doing something wrong, could you tell me what is it please? I have a cuboid mod. Thank you

what i have: 26ga and 28ga and 32ga kanthal wires.

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try some Clapton coils 26/32 or some fused claptons 2x26/36,38 I find the griffin needs claptons to really make it shine.

Sent from my P022 using Tapatalk

meloserj

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello

My griffin 25 has a dual coil but i get no clouds. This is the first time i use a subohm tank, so can you help me? What i want is dry (?) huge clouds (At least). I used .26 kanthal on 2,5mm with 6 wraps. Another build had 5 wraps. I am doing something wrong, could you tell me what is it please? I have a cuboid mod. Thank you

what i have: 26ga and 28ga and 32ga kanthal wires.
Big clouds need higher VG juice. Nothing wrong in your wires. If you go to clapton, Tiger, Alien etc, you will need more power usually around 70-80 watts and it also gets hot vapes. Wick correctly and you can get good clouds on 45 watts with dual coils 0.5 ohms.
Get some juice with 20/80 PG/VG and you will see the difference without burning your lips

mordor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Big clouds need higher VG juice. Nothing wrong in your wires. If you go to clapton, Tiger, Alien etc, you will need more power usually around 70-80 watts and it also gets hot vapes. Wick correctly and you can get good clouds on 45 watts with dual coils 0.5 ohms.
Get some juice with 20/80 PG/VG and you will see the difference without burning your lips

I tried %100vg, 6mg nicotine e juice (Grandma hand made). I also hear bang bang, is this noisy that much?

mordor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
also any single build coil build suggestions please? With 26, 28, 32 ga kanthal? Looking for cold cloudish vape
Thanks

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
also any single build coil build suggestions please? With 26, 28, 32 ga kanthal? Looking for cold cloudish vape
Thanks
Not much to do with 32 these days, unless it's a part of a Clapton or twisted.
And personally I would say the same on 28.
At what wattage are you running it and how open is your AFC?
Are you MTL or DL?

Last edited:

mordor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
3.7v always. if coil is 0.5 i think i use 25w. if coil is 0,3 then 40w as i remember. I tried all the airflow settings. Nothing much changed.
I'm mtl since the day i started vaping.

mordor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
tried single coil with .26ga on 1ohm. better than old c4 worse than taifun 1. Btw i'm vaping taifun for at least 1.5 years. Still same taste

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why 3.7V always? Switch to VW and up you wattage.
25W is not the way to go for vapor (40W is marginal) and neither is MTL with this RTA.

Last edited:

mordor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I tried 40w too. I used vw on cuboid. Also tried 40w+ like 50w - 60w, but the higher the wattage goes the more hellish heat it gets

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm using an RTA of similar design of the Griffin and getting quite a cool vape at 60W.
Maybe you should open the AFC more while you up the wattage, maybe your nic level is too high for high wattage, or maybe you're just not used to it.

If I were to use the Griffin and only had 26 and didn't know how to make twisted wire or anything more complex, I would build dual 6 wrap 3 ID coils, open the AFC at least half way and set it to 50-60W

meloserj

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks
With 28 AWG you get less wraps, up to your build, in Griffin you can't have single bulit, only in Griffin25 possible as it has juice blocker and ceramic divider. 28 and 26 are most common for sub-ohm. If you hear those noises its normal. I love to hear them. f you wanna cold vapor, then switch to SS with TC

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The setup you have just isn't ideal for the type of vapor you want.

Comparing a direct to lung tank like the griffin to the taifun. You just aren't going to get the same experience you are used to. The chamber is too large to MTL.

VU Sponsors