Become a Patron!

griffin 25 vs original griffin

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Im trying to decide if theres any real difference betweeen these 2 except juice capacity and diameter

Im speaking of the no top air flow 25 of course

My main question is.....is the build deck BIGGER on the 25 or the same as the orginal

And if its bigger
is it bigger so it holds more wraps, can handle a larger ID coil or both?

The deck on the Griffin 25 is larger and yes, it does allow for larger builds compared to the Griffin. The only problem I had w/ the Griffin 25 was the leaking...every time I filled the thing no matter what type of build/wicking method, within about 10 minutes after filling juice would be coming out both air slots. I kept reading suggestion after suggestion to only allow the wick tails to just barely go beyond the ring and each time, failure. Wasn't until about 4 days ago I decided to stuff the juice slots full w/ cotton and the leaking has totally stopped as well as no dry hits, at least not yet! Overall I like the tank a lot, more so now that I figured out the leaking issue!

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The 25 is better imo because of the space between the chimney and the glass , the regular griffin and the Gemini is a tight fit and sometimes it takes forever for the air to release when you load the tank the first time , I don't believe the decks are bigger on the 25 , they both seem to be the same to me , I will be rewicking in a day or so so I will look then , but I remember one of the reviewers showing it was the same size deck .
For the wicking I use a stuff and pull method stuff it down the juice slots prime it with juice then poke a small gap in the corner of each well, after this gently lift the wicks stuffed into the well and gently set it bak down so it is not compacted , I use this on all 3 of mine and it is flawless eah time . Got the idea off the merlin thread here and it has been my go to since then

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Griffin 22 - 16.1 mm build deck - 7 mm chimney
Griffin 25 - 17 mm build deck - 7.5 mm chimney

So, just a tiny bit larger on the 25 vs. 22

Also agree w/ sychosis about making a small gap in the corner of each well closest to the posts.

VU Sponsors