Become a Patron!

GTRS VBOY SX500 problem with firing button

dahhbear

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello all!
I purchased a GTRS VBOY with the new yihi sx500 chip. The problem is, the firing button keeps sticking, and starts firing non stop. Has anyone had this issue and/or can offer me tips to fix it? I love the mod and would hate to leave it on the shelf...

Edit- the 510 pin was also crooked out of the box, but seems fine now!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
the button is gunked up. Buy a can of tuner cleaner, or electronics cleaner and spray the button and work it till it is smooth. Otherwise, it might be a cheap switch.

dahhbear

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the button is gunked up. Buy a can of tuner cleaner, or electronics cleaner and spray the button and work it till it is smooth. Otherwise, it might be a cheap switch.

It’s brand new today, haven’t even used it more than 3 times

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmm, ok can you tell if it is mechanically locking in place?

Post a pic of the fire button please.

dahhbear

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Um all I know is it sticks if I press to much to the side, fixes by pushing opposite side

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok then, shit switch. the alternative is to solder in a good switch, or just press it in the center. Sounds like a mechanical problem with a cheap horn switch.

dahhbear

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok then, shit switch. the alternative is to solder in a good switch, or just press it in the center. Sounds like a mechanical problem with a cheap horn switch.

Ok, thank you so much! It sucks, just got this thing, I have the worst luck sometimes

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a $200 mech that has a crap switch. I needed to polish it and use dielectric grease to get it working right. Sometimes, it's just fate or crappy engineering.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
how many watts is that 500 chip capable of?

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ok, open it up and take a photo of the innards, I want to see the switch back side.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looking at that 510 pin, and the problem with the fire button, wouldn't try anything and return it, that is some crappy QC right there.

I had the same issue with mine..
I Figured out why and how to fix it.
If it started doing this straight out of the box id try to contact the company and either try to return it or see if they'd replace it...
Mine started doing that because I droped it on the concrete when I got out of my car. It bounced and landed in the snow. I thought it was done for.. batteries flew out and everything.. the plastic on the inside broke a bit and the outside is slightly bent.. it's pretty durable.. it hits a little off since then but even so it's my favorite mod that Ive tried so far..
But anyways, if u still have this issue
it's because of a little plastic spacer between the button and the chip came out. It looks like a circle cut out from a plastic folder and it sits in a slot at the top of the casing so it covers half of the button. It makes it so they only make contact when u press it...
You have to take the mod apart to get to it but it's a pretty easy fix..

Everythings attached to the plastic where the batteries go. Looks like it was dropped or got some loose screws. Im guessing the screens kinda tilted too.
Haha

VU Sponsors