Become a Patron!

Guns!

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Hey guys, here are my black powder firearms.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the BATF doesn't consider them "firearms" does it?

I bought a modern muzzle-loader a few years ago. It shipped direct to my door, no FFL required. I jokingly refer to it as my "Assault Musket":

rjVtIbB.jpg

Its real purpose is to take deer a few weeks earlier (during warmer weather!) than would be allowable with "real" firearms. We've taken two with it so far. A 295 grain, 50-cal bullet moving along at a bit over 2000 fps is very effective on deer.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Always wanted a dragoon; had a Spiller&Burr replica (.36) I built that drove tacks, but the cyl liked to jam; Had a .54 Renegade I finally sold that was wunnerful.

I'd rather get something like a breechloading sharps, next time - or, (yeah, magnums), a Dragoon.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the BATF doesn't consider them "firearms" does it?

I bought a modern muzzle-loader a few years ago. It shipped direct to my door, no FFL required. I jokingly refer to it as my "Assault Musket":

rjVtIbB.jpg

Its real purpose is to take deer a few weeks earlier (during warmer weather!) than would be allowable with "real" firearms. We've taken two with it so far. A 295 grain, 50-cal bullet moving along at a bit over 2000 fps is very effective on deer.

They are classified as antique firearms and no FFL is needed to order one in many states.

Never researched the Hawkins or Crockett rifle I have but the Sharps can reach out 1200 yards and ruin someones day.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Always wanted a dragoon; had a Spiller&Burr replica (.36) I built that drove tacks, but the cyl liked to jam; Had a .54 Renegade I finally sold that was wunnerful.

I'd rather get something like a breechloading sharps, next time - or, (yeah, magnums), a Dragoon.

Shoot a Dragoon or a Walker just once and you will be going out to buy one. Its not a gun, its a frickin hand cannon!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Shoot a Dragoon or a Walker just once and you will be going out to buy one. Its not a gun, its a frickin hand cannon!
They are incredibly fun and most of the fun is the tinkering and reloading, it gives you more appreciation for each shot. Ive had alot of fun with black power (and mini cannons) than I have with most modern firearms (aside from auto's). Very nice collection you have their!!

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
They are incredibly fun and most of the fun is the tinkering and reloading, it gives you more appreciation for each shot. Ive had alot of fun with black power (and mini cannons) than I have with most modern firearms (aside from auto's). Very nice collection you have their!!

One of the great things about black powder is I can go out and shoot 100 rounds and it might cost me $15.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
One of the great things about black powder is I can go out and shoot 100 rounds and it might cost me $15.
One of the biggest reasons I've purchased 9mm conversion barrels for a few of my pistols and I'm about to grab some parts to build a AR9. 9mm is around $32 for 200rnds right now, I may pick up a cmmg 22lr bolt/mag also

Last edited:

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
IMG_0485.jpg

Feels like I need a wood stocked 10/22 to match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Some new upgrades to the M&P, I think I will get the slide milled later on and a magwell and make it my first "racegun".

"Improvements":
Undercut Trigger Area/Finger Rest
Polished Sear/Trigger Bar/Rails/ (Barrel finished last night, no pics yet)
ADE Bertrillium Red Dot
Storm Lake 9mm Conversion Ported Barrel
Apex Tactical Competition Springs
Apex Tactical Polymer Shoe
Apex Tactical Striker Block
Added Adjustable Set screws for trigger Pull/Over Travel
+5 Magazine Extensions
Bent trigger Bar Trigger Reset Mod*

7c7e94ddf34ede5f4c69a4ccbccb336d.jpg
4df7f3f32881aa1570b457c0a2f9918c.png
9f5c5d32adbe86cf216cd6025c43d13e.jpg
49bb2d006030e85148daf845d0b7f7b3.jpg
0aa52dee47e4e6150c417939e77c0191.jpg
ed0b2e895c620f219aef4317547e85e1.jpg

Alright Next is the Winchester 1300 Ive had forever and I wanted to change that up some.

ce7c01b18e0c4b512ac175129a27610f.jpg
40b03af0094c56ae55589eff0fef53db.jpg

Bug Out Gear is getting there,swapping out the AR15 5.56 Pistol for a AR9 8" Pistol instead and I may make the AR Rifle more for long distance shooting (PRS Stock, Custom Grip, ect). Sorry for the quality, will have better shots soon....

ac9c0c4ec5b771182706034c9eacb303.jpg

Pockets

Gold Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Some new upgrades to the M&P, I think I will get the slide milled later on and a magwell and make it my first "racegun".

"Improvements":
Undercut Trigger Area/Finger Rest
Polished Sear/Trigger Bar/Rails/ (Barrel finished last night, no pics yet)
ADE Bertrillium Red Dot
Storm Lake 9mm Conversion Ported Barrel
Apex Tactical Competition Springs
Apex Tactical Polymer Shoe
Apex Tactical Striker Block
Added Adjustable Set screws for trigger Pull/Over Travel
+5 Magazine Extensions
Bent trigger Bar Trigger Reset Mod*

7c7e94ddf34ede5f4c69a4ccbccb336d.jpg
4df7f3f32881aa1570b457c0a2f9918c.png
9f5c5d32adbe86cf216cd6025c43d13e.jpg
49bb2d006030e85148daf845d0b7f7b3.jpg
0aa52dee47e4e6150c417939e77c0191.jpg
ed0b2e895c620f219aef4317547e85e1.jpg

Alright Next is the Winchester 1300 Ive had forever and I wanted to change that up some.

ce7c01b18e0c4b512ac175129a27610f.jpg
40b03af0094c56ae55589eff0fef53db.jpg

Bug Out Gear is getting there,swapping out the AR15 5.56 Pistol for a AR9 8" Pistol instead and I may make the AR Rifle more for long distance shooting (PRS Stock, Custom Grip, ect). Sorry for the quality, will have better shots soon....

ac9c0c4ec5b771182706034c9eacb303.jpg
Looking good, have you given any thought of threading the Smiths Barrel.
Glad I don't owe you any money ..

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Looking good, have you given any thought of threading the Smiths Barrel.
Glad I don't owe you any money ..
Its ported and the stock barrel is too short but I do want to get a threaded barrel for the G43, they are getting cheaper so maybe someday soon

Gavlan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Sorry for butting in folks but has anyone have any hands on experience with the venerable Magnum Research Desert Eagle monstrosity?.
My latest windfall was a gift from my favorite SIL he gave me 11 guns to “ hold for safe keeping “ ( he was left them in his uncles will) and my daughter won’t let him keep them in their house cos she “ hates “ guns ,HA !!!.
This model is in 44 Mag .
So anyone got anything to tell me about them before I start to reload for it ?.
I reload for all my calibers so I have the gear.
BTW this windfall puts me in the 45 - 50 gun collection,,,,,,,,,
Love it.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Sorry for butting in folks but has anyone have any hands on experience with the venerable Magnum Research Desert Eagle monstrosity?.
My latest windfall was a gift from my favorite SIL he gave me 11 guns to “ hold for safe keeping “ ( he was left them in his uncles will) and my daughter won’t let him keep them in their house cos she “ hates “ guns ,HA !!!.
Love it.
I've not had one myself, but several decades ago, a friend of mine did, also .44 Mag. He said the gun preferred "lively" loads and wouldn't cycle reliably on some of the weaker factory ammo he tried.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not a shill for their site but i've shopped there a lot and thought you guys might appreciate this link.
Classic Firearms is giving away a Barrett M82 A1 worth $11,000.
https://wn.nr/G5SJQt
Besides, if you use my link, I get extra entries! ;)

Stay safe and vape on!

Gavlan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I've not had one myself, but several decades ago, a friend of mine did, also .44 Mag. He said the gun preferred "lively" loads and wouldn't cycle reliably on some of the weaker factory ammo he tried.

Yeah that’s what I heard also, I field stripped it and it has two springs parallel ( where most auto’s have only one ) and it’s gas operated/ assisted so high performance ammo is recommended to have it cycle reliably,
Cor-Bon ( ? ) might be the way to go,
Thx

kevin littell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Love it.

First of all, its a wonderful shooter, excellent hunting gun (get a across the chest holster for it ) and you will fall in love with it.

Mine didnt like the Unique Power loads my Blackhawks and N frames eat all day, 2400 or H-110 powder and round nosed or Truncated cone projectiles. I had to polish the ramp to get area to get XTP's to feed reliably...A task anyone with a Dremel tool and a polishing set can perform.

Factory ammo?? When I first bought it Green Yellow box Remington's fed reliably....Anything labeled "Cowboy action " was not hot enough to cycle the action reliably, most range ammo would not either. I added https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...sert-eagle-mark-i-vii-xix-44-remington-magnum and all was well with the world except the Cowboy action....Just not enough UMMPH to run the slide.

Ive hunted it with a chest carry harness, Killed deer and Coyotes with mine. Ended up putting 3 dot night sites on it before getting a M629 SW 6 inch Classic and going back to my roots. They seem to hold their value well, are good OUTDOOR RANGE guns but dont try shooting it indoors alot because the noise and blast will distract the whole firing line.

The gun was capable of handling any Max load PLUS...(work your loads up carefully and at your own risk) My range load was a 240gr TCFN cast with published max load on of h110 or W231... At one time I had a W231 load that would drop the brass right at my right foot. It took some time to get it right. MAGNUM PRIMERS!!!

Shoot it often and much. I would have kept mine but was offered a sweet trade deal. It was an offer I couldnt refuse.

PS: This gun is capable of 1.5 inch groups at 50 yards with the right load and shooter. I always joked that ONCE AGAIN the gun is better then I am.

Last edited:

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Concealed carry question. When I carry iwb (anywhere from the 2-5 position depending on the pistol) it feels like I’m all twisted up. I’ve tried different belts, different pant sizes (basic relaxed fit Levi’s), even how I get dressed and I still feel all twisted up. I don’t mind owb carry but sometimes iwb is just more convenient. Anyone have any tips?

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Concealed carry question. When I carry iwb (anywhere from the 2-5 position depending on the pistol) it feels like I’m all twisted up. I’ve tried different belts, different pant sizes (basic relaxed fit Levi’s), even how I get dressed and I still feel all twisted up. I don’t mind owb carry but sometimes iwb is just more convenient. Anyone have any tips?
I'm not sure what you mean by "twisted up".

My personal tip: Carry OWB. Ya need a cover garment either way, and it doesn't need to be much longer or looser to cover and OWB rig that an IWB rig.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

I use a Condor LGS Belt with a Orpazdefense Holster with the Molle Adapter.....its one of the best "carry belt" Ive used as it goes over your pants/normal belt and just clips together. It has a grippy rubber interior so it stays strapped against your pants and doesnt move, too stiff to bend/twist, and you can carry a full metal frame large pistol with extra mags on one side and it doesnt sag at all. The best part is you dont have to fool around with anything to get it on or off, just wrap it around you and click the buckle together to put it on and unclip the buckle to release the belt.You dont need to overload it with crap like these guys in the videos but you can when you need to, I just like the fact its rigid and quick and no one is the wiser.

Its very similar to this but without the extra velcro and belt and molle, but you get the idea of ease of use.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I use a Condor LGS Belt with a Orpazdefense Holster with the Molle Adapter.....its one of the best "carry belt" Ive used as it goes over your pants/normal belt and just clips together. It has a grippy rubber interior so it stays strapped against your pants and doesnt move, too stiff to bend/twist, and you can carry a full metal frame large pistol with extra mags on one side and it doesnt sag at all. The best part is you dont have to fool around with anything to get it on or off, just wrap it around you and click the buckle together to put it on and unclip the buckle to release the belt.You dont need to overload it with crap like these guys in the videos but you can when you need to, I just like the fact its rigid and quick and no one is the wiser.

Its very similar to this but without the extra velcro and belt and molle, but you get the idea of ease of use.

These belts are great. You can also use them to support a hip attachment for your plate carrier and really load it up as well. I have used it to hang sub guns and high mag counts for run and guns like that and they do not move at all. You can sometimes find these for really cheap on dvor

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks everyone! I carried owb for the longest time but after losing a lot of weight it was difficult to conceal without wearing a hoodie or coat. Now that I have a couple smaller pistols I guess it’s time to re explore owb carry.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
These belts are great. You can also use them to support a hip attachment for your plate carrier and really load it up as well. I have used it to hang sub guns and high mag counts for run and guns like that and they do not move at all. You can sometimes find these for really cheap on dvor
The Condor LGS is on Ebay for around $30, I picked up the wider version also that has the support clips for chest rigs. Has any of you tried out a decent Thigh Rig/Holster setup?

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
The Condor LGS is on Ebay for around $30, I picked up the wider version also that has the support clips for chest rigs. Has any of you tried out a decent Thigh Rig/Holster setup?

Ive tried a few but none I would ever want to have to use in a fight for life situation. That condor belt is super heavy. That thing by itself could be used as a weapon.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I posted a contest a few weeks ago--well, they're having another. Sweet setup. Not spamming (at least I hope not ;) ) just passing along an opportunity.
CZ Micro Scorpion EVO 3 9mm with brace.
https://wn.nr/RNTpLc
And as always, I believe in full disclosure so I get extra entries if you use the link above.
Stay safe and vape on!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I posted a contest a few weeks ago--well, they're having another. Sweet setup. Not spamming (at least I hope not ;) ) just passing along an opportunity.
CZ Micro Scorpion EVO 3 9mm with brace.
https://wn.nr/RNTpLc
And as always, I believe in full disclosure so I get extra entries if you use the link above.
Stay safe and vape on!
Hope you enjoy the extra entries...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
New PSA GX-9 build:

9c97e2a0718fd50317853c7aebd09771.jpg
bd59f1127fe52d1ac675427e1ffc206d.jpg

I didn't have any cash left over afterwards but wanted a B.A.D. Lever...soo I made one, it's easier than you think. All I used was an Allen Key and some JB Weld.

a0fd09c0d13005c68af11d84bf87aa18.png
64d534a02b5522993667c8696c2f9c53.jpg
e54786cc6cbda5db641f1af873caca8e.jpg
3293d6e2558749d0af175629c77a701f.jpg
4cc9e57122c0bc81a5bb91952a7f650b.jpg
f66e1ebf85883a38fa22c7941ad046f9.png
fea9d4ddb3b6f18937028fb12246a976.png

More Gun Pics:

951d6c377618818017e36eb666a9b2ae.jpg
77b14bf3c7e16b6f568e07ca1e684dc8.jpg

SyPup3fkFAxI1gYjCCRJ343tkqi0NKtZAzcPgb950bojytJ9zdNZ2Q0FksNf_u6hZxqVB7zshOWsOOalAraKbhLXQHWz5Uz73thB-yvbpsmrKLpLsHqqVpuIy9qaKEKjhiz7Vf5_BkszWYbX5rAnrOgLXWwIiYpn6Vts-mZCkG6TQVZoyeFOpNG2CwuYfwQTx8-p-CHhTUDFnf298K5UeBw_heCxEy5dc6VBwgAwKqOgC5IbkzwugBy4nqxJrE3Q1ucinxucSTbC8RtXckNfiunbngfnjR23QkJGjU8nNrtsUk3TxoHTyC-0ugHEqlxLL5MVrgTsX6-sNUjrVwMk9JYsXHj1NlPqwSQrNfqvk6s6JJp_zwwu6M_oMIXtpqLMGN6Tlb-yRL_9okAwqEp9F-pOa7Q-8U3Hv4EIxxlf6xfVhWgnR2WYSCt6T3ghJE8cEel-IgnGRUF5WDeP8P9mEYj0YR5kyDe3s0sW_91JuFbHvCXuOn1j8hkc9xAOPTRrBnP8W7g20rOzj1JmQ-9rm_NatFRuAlygFdtvsv9eiPc3dqa_lfkaxGiaMnp2huMLa8KPFqGpRQiLVHfl7AZ97YypTt91oZTPHIiDKCLRFhL60SX39hAWSR1WSMv4jGKhSSa6_6afYRLdVhPODjA4Y3e-=w703-h937-no

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I posted a few on instagram...I think I may create a gun page and see where that goes. I appreciate the support

I would follow that. Anything 2A positive gets my attention.

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sometimes I like to carry one of these in addition to my firearm...not that’d I’d actually need it but still neat pieces of work.

IMG_0815.jpg
IMG_0816.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I forgot I had these made for when Jenn and I got married, I wouldn’t use them but they look neat lol

View attachment 135751

IT was more or less a crack, whips and paddles hanging from the wall ;):D

The acceptance of your hobbies is a plus though, mine can't stand my hobbies....

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
IT was more or less a crack, whips and paddles hanging from the wall ;):D

The acceptance of your hobbies is a plus though, mine can't stand my hobbies....

Shoot I wouldn’t want to use those for foreplay lol

VU Sponsors