Become a Patron!

Had a root canal,...soothing my soul with vapes!

GrayVaper

Drips in Public
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Went in for my first ever root canal today on a molar. Saving grace was that the dentist was a hottie and she was very fun and cool. One nerve put up a fight and I ended up in the chair almost three hours! As I am paying the tab, pain started to ramp up into my jaw and ear and they suggested Tylenol for a couple of days.
So I get home, grab a real pain pill (from my regular dentist) and turned to my vapes to sooth my savage soul. When I vape, it mellows me.

Treating myself to some Five Pawns Black Flag Fallen
AA78116A-E27C-42EC-B0D6-CB41F2EEDFE9_zpsf2nbn3a0.jpg

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Vape gently, you don't want to create too much of a vacuum until you're healed.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Years ago, my dentist removed ALL of my wisdom teeth at once.

And to add to the joy, all of them were impacted and basically had to be chiseled out of my jaw.

I got home and the novocaine was wearing off and I started to hurt....Bad.

I opened the packet of "Pain" pills only to find that the asshole had given me plain old aspirin for the pain.

And aspirin just does not do anything for me at all.

But then I remembered some sage wisdom from my Grandfather and I got back into my car and headed toward the nearest liquor store and got a 5th of good old Jack Daniels.

Sadly vaping had not been invented so like a dumbass I kept smoking.

It made things worse until I passed out courtesy of Mr. Daniels!

GrayVaper

Drips in Public
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That would SUCK!!!!!!!
The proceedure was a PIA because I sat there with hands and hardware in my mouth forever.
Now I feel kicked by a mule as the jaw and tooth settle back down from being ass raped.
I find vaping with a dripper to be like smoking a pipe. Fiddle, toke, toke, think,....fiddle.
Very relaxing. As for drinking? I have beers in my garage fridge but mixed with blood pressure meds and prescription pain killers? Maybe not.
Either way, I've never been afraid of pain except in the wallet.

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Years ago, my dentist removed ALL of my wisdom teeth at once.

And to add to the joy, all of them were impacted and basically had to be chiseled out of my jaw.

I got home and the novocaine was wearing off and I started to hurt....Bad.

I opened the packet of "Pain" pills only to find that the asshole had given me plain old aspirin for the pain.

And aspirin just does not do anything for me at all.

But then I remembered some sage wisdom from my Grandfather and I got back into my car and headed toward the nearest liquor store and got a 5th of good old Jack Daniels.

Sadly vaping had not been invented so like a dumbass I kept smoking.

It made things worse until I passed out courtesy of Mr. Daniels!
I too had all 4 impacted wisdom teeth. I was put out while they chiseled them all out. I was young maybe 18 years old. I came home and passed out sitting up and almost drowned on my own blood. It was a terrible experience. I HATE dentists!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ouch! Brings back bad memories. I cracked a molar and had to have a root canal plus a crown fitted the next week. Novocaine does not work on me due to an enzyme my body produces, so they bombed me with laughing gas. Afterwards I was not laughing. I was prescribed Demerol tabs for the pain, only to end up in the ER because I'm allergic to Demerol. Used Tylenol 3's from my knee surgery to get me through the worst of it.

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ouch! Brings back bad memories. I cracked a molar and had to have a root canal plus a crown fitted the next week. Novocaine does not work on me due to an enzyme my body produces, so they bombed me with laughing gas. Afterwards I was not laughing. I was prescribed Demerol tabs for the pain, only to end up in the ER because I'm allergic to Demerol. Used Tylenol 3's from my knee surgery to get me through the worst of it.
Wow that stinks. I can't imagine novacaine not working. That sucks man.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Had all my impacted wisdom teeth chiseled out at once when I was younger. Had been knocked out at the time but I remember waking up during the process and feeling the dentists digging around in my mouth, then fell back asleep again. Oddly, the wisdom teeth only hurt the day of and the day after removal.

Also had a root canal last year, but it didn't hurt *at all* afterwards.
However, the tooth was fucking killing me before I had it done.
Was taking 600mg of ibuprofen 4 times a day just to make it tolerable while working, then getting good and drunk at night.

GrayVaper

Drips in Public
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holy Cow!! The dental horror stories! Like they say, if you think YOu Got it bad, there's always someone worse off.

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Try going through basic training with 8 teeth removed during the second week.......trying to explain to a seiner drill Sargent that your mouth hurts is useless.

VU Sponsors