Become a Patron!

Hades clone W/ IMR 26650 and Aspire Atlantis took a tumble

I have a Hades clone with a big orange IMR26650 battery and an Aspire Atlantis tank.

This thing went beast mode for about a week and then I accidentally dropped it at work. I was sitting down when it fell so it took about a 2 foot fall onto concrete. The base of the tank became a little lopsided but other than that no worries. I pushed the tank back down and now I have a weird issue.

I've tried 3 batteries with 3 different coils with the same problem. The unit MAY fire up after I hold in the plunger for 3-5 seconds. Sometimes it does nothing. when it does fire it takes a few warm up puffs to get a good hit. The weirdest thing about it is even when the coil doesn't fire the plunger gets warm like current is moving. Bought it at a shitty little tobacco store near my house and the guy said I dropped it so it's my problem.

I tried messing around with the ohm meter but I really don't know what I'm doing with the thing.

Someone mentioned buying a new base for $11 from the aspire website. What do you guys think? I really don't want to be out $80 for this thing. :/

eKo Vapors

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If the button is getting warm then it most likely means that it is shorting somewhere or redirecting the current. Have you checked the button,contact,pin or tried replacing the coil? I would start there. Also check the contact on your Atlantis and make sure the pin and insulator are still in good shape. It might be easier if you posted a pic of what you think is the issue.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Since you mentioned a bent area presumably your connection isn't solid. Pics would help, as would disassembling and inspecting everything from the switch to the atty. a hot button is never a good thing. Electricity follows the path of least resistance, and you don't want that being your button. You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders. I'd really inspect ALL connections, even if the contact pin is slightly off, it can cause stuff like this. I've had to wet sand positive and negative pins in one of my mechs due to a raised bur of silver plating in the middle. It didn't look like much, but fixed the issue.

Are you getting any arcing? Black spots or streaks on the contacts or battery. That would indicate a poor connection, too. Be safe and enjoy the vape.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The switch is heating up because of Joule heating, most of the current ain't making it the atty, so the obvious thing to do is test with another atty. I'd get another base in any case.

VU Sponsors