Become a Patron!

Halo triton coils/batteries

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, so I'm not an electrical engineer by any means but when using a fixed battery (4.1-4.2v fresh charge, ~3.7v average) don't higher resistance coils vape hotter?

My mom currently uses the halo triton vape pen kit and has been having an issue with coils burning out pretty quick, within a day or two. I used an identical kit last year when she got hers and our coils lasted 7-10 days. By then the wick was pretty well done and had been used with various juices, replaced the prebuilt coil/wick heads since replacing just the wick was a royal pia. Now however she puts in a new coil, fills with juice, goes to refill the tank and poof, coil's dead.

She's been going through email hell with halo trying to sort out what the problem is with their coils burning out so fast. First they wanted to know how she knew the coil was burnt/failed. Then they wanted to know this, then that. Her original batteries died and she replaced it with a brand new halo triton battery but instead of the smaller 650mah she opted for the larger 1300mah battery. Still the same voltage, it's a fixed battery. They tried to blame it on the battery, she told them she got a brand new battery (1 week old).

Now these clowns are telling her that the new battery is 'too powerful' for the coils because it has higher mah. Umm, the voltage output didn't change. They told her that because it's a bigger battery and holds a bigger charge it will stay at its peak voltage longer (makes sense) and that's the reason it's burning coils. It was burning coils on her older worn out 650mah batteries as well. Regardless it's still 4.2w max, their coils don't come with a warning "only good on a half dead battery at 3.7v". She mtl vapes and my average direct lung inhales are around 3sec long. I know she isn't mtl puffing for 3s, more like 1, maybe 2 seconds.

Their suggestion was she's using the wrong coils, what she 'needs' to do is get higher ohm coils or get a spinner battery and reduce the voltage. Are you fucking kidding me? Lmao. Unless I'm mistaken, IF the battery were the cause of the coils burning out due to staying closer to 4.1 to 4.2v on a fresh charge, wouldn't going to a higher resistance coil only make the problem worse? Since it's likely either thinner wire or more wraps to get the higher resistance. Just like a mech mod, with a fixed battery the coil resistance is what affects the vape, lower resistance for cooler temps, higher resistance for hotter temps.

I guess they'd rather defy physics and pull some garbage straight out of their ass than admit that the same coils she's been using (2.2 - 2.4ohm rated), halo coils in halo tanks on halo batteries are problematic - and it's somehow her fault. It's literally screw the coil into the tank and press the button to vape. Nooo, it couldn't be they made a shit batch of defective/flawed coils. I'll have to get the email from her so I can post it here and everyone can have a good chuckle. Ridiculous.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
WTF is that garbage? It sounds like it's time for your mom to find a new product that works for her and stop giving those fucktards her money!

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea halo's pretty much in the rearview. While waiting to get things sorted with halo my mom was using her presa tc75w with a kfv4. It was too airy for her to get a good mtl (I tried and had the same issue) but she slowly began using it as a restricted dl setup. Got her a couple more tanks, a coppervape gt3 and kf mini v3 clone for the 18650 mod.

For the cost of a 5 pack of halo coils I got a couple spools of wire, enough to last her months. Halo's got a few ejuice flavors I like (tribeca, midnight apple) but their customer service blows and apparently their quality control went down the tubes. Their loss. No more constantly buying cheap plastic integrated drip tips for their plastic tanks, replacing plastic tanks that decided to crack or start leaking, no more ego batteries or factory coils.

VU Sponsors