Become a Patron!

Hammer of god builds

Muzikmaker

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a hog v2 on the way and i keep reading .4 ohms is the limit, i think most hog owners have probably seen the .04-.05 ohm video vs the 10bat box mod, i dont wanna go that low im looking to see how low anyone out there has gone, goal in mind is .15 on hb4's, have gone to .07 on them in a single 18650 maraxus with the alliance fatboy so i know i should be able to go to .15 in the hog but i cant understand the .4ohm warning

zdawk

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm willing to build down to parrallel box mod levels, BUT using the steam engine calculator at 5.7 volts you're rockin about 180Watts on a .18 build that might be just a bit much.... more than enjoyable. but that doesn't mean I'm not willing to try... :D
That said I am definitely interested to see what builds others may advise!!!

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
.2/.25 is the sweet spot. I've been as low as .16 but I find ~.2 the best. There is some heat at .15 so hopefully you melt it.

If your batteries are hitting at 5.7 they're dead.

Just built this last night. 21g n90 Mad Rabbit, 4.7mm, 13 wrap coming out to .19./.2.
image.jpg

Muzikmaker

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you dont mind me asking where did 5.7 volts come from? Seems really low, and gheed what is your ramp time like? Ive never used the hog v2 so i dont know if it fires 21ga faster than a single 18650 mech mod, all i know is from my experiences as a tinkerer with too much 20ga (was free) i built a couple 13 wrap coils and the fire time was almost 5seconds

Thanks for the replies guys!

Muzikmaker

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also so if your hangin around .2-.25 as a sweet spot then .4 is kind of just a suggestion? What batteries do you run? Also how would i go about using steam engine for a clapton build? Can it be entered in?

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The HOG V2 is para series, so on a fresh set of batteries, you are pumping out over 8 volts. Thats a lotta power on a vape mod. A lot of regulated mods dont even go that high.

I have a HoG V2 and I use it around .45 and Im really happy with that, any lower gets far too hot. And thats using big beefy coils, if you use something thinner and small, itll be even worse. Dont be a doofus and try to stick a .1 or .2 ohm set up on a series mod. Even a 0.3 is well over 200 watts of power. Can you max out a 200 watt mod and enjoy the vape? If not, then dont put that on a series mod.

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The HOG V2 is para series, so on a fresh set of batteries, you are pumping out over 8 volts. Thats a lotta power on a vape mod. A lot of regulated mods dont even go that high.

I have a HoG V2 and I use it around .45 and Im really happy with that, any lower gets far too hot. And thats using big beefy coils, if you use something thinner and small, itll be even worse. Dont be a doofus and try to stick a .1 or .2 ohm set up on a series mod. Even a 0.3 is well over 200 watts of power. Can you max out a 200 watt mod and enjoy the vape? If not, then dont put that on a series mod.

Are you calling me a doofus lol.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
He is. Vape what you enjoy but I would not go much below .4 ohm on a HoG. Just would not be enjoyable.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You can build safely around .1 but you wont want to vape that low...stick to .35-.45 for Series...anything higher is anemic and anything lower is too damn hot to enjoy...

Muzikmaker

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you guys for all the input on the hog v2, mines in ny usps now so it should be here soon. If its putting out over 8volts on fresh batteries what does it drain down to for a good recharge point? 7.2ish? Thanks again guys im most likely gonna try a couple claptons at .25-.4 and see what they vape like, because i am willing to admit i cant max out a 200w mod daily, being why i rock only mechs

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Burn out my tongue? What? Are you 12? People vape a lot higher than 308 watts. Do see news stories about vaperz burning their tongues out because their vape is to hot? Oh I see, you're like the assholes that are working to get vape banned. Regurgitating that same trash they think they know because they read something from someone else who doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about.

Oh and I'm hitting that Temple/hog v2 combo with fresh batts and its rocking.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Now THATS a massive coil lol.
Had to absorb some of that power....believe it or not that was a "cool" vape...I actually added Twisted 24N80 for Staged Heating afterwards to warm it up some...

20160404_144750.jpg 20160404_144752.jpg 20160404_144818.jpg 20160404_144754.jpg

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
how was the ramp up on that? I've been trying to build the biggest coil possible to ohm out at .14. Thinking I'm going to wrap some FC using 21 and 23 gauge n90 Mad Rabbit and 22g Omega.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Burn out my tongue? What? Are you 12? People vape a lot higher than 308 watts. Do see news stories about vaperz burning their tongues out because their vape is to hot? Oh I see, you're like the assholes that are working to get vape banned. Regurgitating that same trash they think they know because they read something from someone else who doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about.

Oh and I'm hitting that Temple/hog v2 combo with fresh batts and its rocking.
Oh yea bud, i work my ass off to get vaping banned. Its a hobby at this point. Better be prepared cuz its comin.

If you gotta vape at 300+ watts then idk what the hell youre doin. But hey, do you. Ill wait for you "my shit blew up but its not my fault cuz i know what im doin" thread. Take er eazy

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh yea bud, i work my ass off to get vaping banned. Its a hobby at this point. Better be prepared cuz its comin.

If you gotta vape at 300+ watts then idk what the hell youre doin. But hey, do you. Ill wait for you "my shit blew up but its not my fault cuz i know what im doin" thread. Take er eazy

You're not busting you ass at all, your to lazy and stupid to learn about what your talking about.

Rays says it's safe. I post pics that I'm not exceeding continuous amp ratings by that much.

"Discharging at 35A, but stopping before the battery overheats, can be done with any decent 15A+ battery so it can't be used to say that the VTC5A is rated at 35A. The Continuous Maximum Discharge Current spec is a capability, not the true continuous current rating."

^that comes from mooch. Your so ignorant you telling me watts are dangerous. I'm going to end up in "my shit blew up" thread? This super dangerous build is running 45.33 amps. That's 22.7 amps parallel...

I can only argue with the ignorant for so long. Do yourself a favor, go read, form an intelligent opinion based on fact and stop being such a muppet.

Last edited:

Muzikmaker

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Gheed keep doin what your doin, ive seen people vape 10 times that (3000watt human fog machine) i mean come on someones gotta do it! And if it can be done safely with knowledge then vape on am i right?

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fixed that for ya..

You missed some...

You're not busting your ass at all, youre too lazy and stupid to learn about what youre talking about.

Yea man, too bad Im lazy, stupid, and ignorant. Otherwise I might do something amazing like using proper grammar at a 4th grade level.

Nowhere did I say shit about the batteries not handling the load. But still you spout off at the mouth about "my batteries are safe bro, look, I quoted people, I can read". Well good for you man, Im happy for you. Enjoy rippin dem vapes at 400 watts and blowin dem big cloudz brah. I bet you sit in your room and practice blowing smoke Os like its a practical skill to have.

zdawk

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the 5.7 was a number I saw in my minds eye, so I just went with it... I knew it was more than one battery's worth of voltage, but didn't want to over estimate the voltage when making a point about how many watts it pumps out.
I've yet to build anything worthy of the HOG V2. @raymo2u what'd that build with the twisted 24NiCh ohm out at? I think tomorrow is the day I go for it. I like the 22gage fused Clapton idea we'll see where I end up..

Last edited:

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nowhere did I say shit about the batteries not handling the load.

oh you've attacked my grammar! oh noz!

Ill wait for you "my shit blew up but its not my fault cuz i know what im doin" thread.

Then please explain how I'm going to "blow my shit up"

Go make a video of you sucking on a series box at .15 then so I can laugh when you burn your tongue out ha

I'm doing it right now, are there any other old wives tales you believe in?

Even a 0.3 is well over 200 watts of power.

Wrong...on my Hog v2 I have a build at .31. It hits at ~180 watts. My .46 hits at 7.4v for 119w.

Wrong again. No series mod will fire over 8 volts.

Dont be a doofus and try to stick a .1 or .2 ohm set up on a series mod.

This is what started all this. Look bud, I like hot vapes and I like cool vapes and I'm sorry that me liking hot vapes hurts your butt. I'm not the type of guy that goes off on what other people vape. I'm just not that type of cunt. I'll let you know that my .46 series build, is hotter than my .25. I mean hell, my .31 is way hotter than my .16.

Have a nice night and enjoy your vape...

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the 5.7 was a number I saw in my minds eye, so I just went with it... I knew it was more than one battery's worth of voltage, but didn't want to over estimate the voltage when making a point about how many watts it pumps out.
I've yet to build anything worthy of the HOG V2. @raymo2u what'd that build with the twisted 24NiCh ohm out at? I think tomorrow is the day I go for it. I like the 22gage fused Clapton idea we'll see where I end up..

I haven't had one for a while but a 24/36 FC 3.6mm 10 wrap is like .24? I have a 22g n80 4mm 11 wrap and that comes out at .31. It fits nice in a 24mm attie, well mine anyway. I haven't tried a 22g FC but looking at Ray's you need a 40mm Mason to fit it in lol.

zdawk

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll let you know that my .46 series build, is hotter than my .25. I mean hell, my .31 is way hotter than my .16.
seriously curious, how does that works? guess I always kinda equated lower = hotter.... ?

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
seriously curious, how does that works? guess I always kinda equated lower = hotter.... ?
its all about the amount of metal you are heating up. i have a pretty meaty dual 6 wrap stagger fused ribbon zipper thing that comes to .15 ohms. on a tube it takes a few puffs to even get going, and it seems like my rda gets hotter than my actual vape does. i have a skinny dual 4 wrap fused clapton build that comes in around .22 and that thing is very warm with very quick ramp up on the same hardware.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
oh you've attacked my grammar! oh noz!

Then please explain how I'm going to "blow my shit up"

I'm doing it right now, are there any other old wives tales you believe in?

Wrong...on my Hog v2 I have a build at .31. It hits at ~180 watts. My .46 hits at 7.4v for 119w.

Wrong again. No series mod will fire over 8 volts.

This is what started all this. Look bud, I like hot vapes and I like cool vapes and I'm sorry that me liking hot vapes hurts your butt. I'm not the type of guy that goes off on what other people vape. I'm just not that type of cunt. I'll let you know that my .46 series build, is hotter than my .25. I mean hell, my .31 is way hotter than my .16.

Have a nice night and enjoy your vape...

Oh shit, point for point break down....you gettin mad. ha Enjoy that, kid.

Muzikmaker

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
its all about the amount of metal you are heating up. i have a pretty meaty dual 6 wrap stagger fused ribbon zipper thing that comes to .15 ohms. on a tube it takes a few puffs to even get going, and it seems like my rda gets hotter than my actual vape does. i have a skinny dual 4 wrap fused clapton build that comes in around .22 and that thing is very warm with very quick ramp up on the same hardware.

Any pics of the stagger fused ribbon zipper or the dual fused clapton?

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I heard a story somewhere about a guy who melted down his HoG V2 with a sub.1ohm build...seems like it was .05 or .08, something like that. Always wondered if he melted his face off too :D IDK from practical experience, mine is in transit at the moment, but from what I can gather the para/series configuration of the HoG with 4 batteries has a more forgiving safety factor than something like the Noisy Cricket as available battery amperage is, in theory, doubled. At least that is the way I understand it at the moment, my learning curve on this shit is not completed. There are a lot of conflicting "facts" out there that make figuring this stuff out difficult. But until you get to that sub .1ohm range, I'm thinking it boils down to what is enjoyable more so than dangerous.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I heard a story somewhere about a guy who melted down his HoG V2 with a sub.1ohm build...seems like it was .05 or .08, something like that. Always wondered if he melted his face off too :D IDK from practical experience, mine is in transit at the moment, but from what I can gather the para/series configuration of the HoG with 4 batteries has a more forgiving safety factor than something like the Noisy Cricket as available battery amperage is, in theory, doubled. At least that is the way I understand it at the moment, my learning curve on this shit is not completed. There are a lot of conflicting "facts" out there that make figuring this stuff out difficult. But until you get to that sub .1ohm range, I'm thinking it boils down to what is enjoyable more so than dangerous.
I dont think it was a HOG V2...and my face is fine ;)

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh, that was you? :teehee: Musta been the V1 then...ol' memory just aint what it used to be o_O

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Oh, that was you? :teehee: Musta been the V1 then...ol' memory just aint what it used to be o_O
Yea its was found out afterwards it was a clone V1 and not an authentic and the build was a .05 that killed it....Its just melted all the mods internals, the batteries were completely fine.

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anthony stopped making the v2 after the third run because to many people were building under .1.

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any pics of the stagger fused ribbon zipper or the dual fused clapton?
yeah i still have both pairs actually. ill quickly get some pics on them on the deck of the sapor i was running them on the tube with.

ok in typical fashion the resistance has changed a little bit from when i first installed and checked them, but they still get the point across. little fused clapton build heats up about three times faster than the stagger fused thing on a tube, and overall is a much warmer vape. now that i measure these again and see the stagger fused build settled in a bit higher than before, i might take a wrap off and try it again.
Capture.PNG
2.PNG

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well this is the HoG v2 build thread, sooooo, I'll post the real beefy coils.

The .15 that is so hot it can melt the polar ice caps. Quad Mad Rabbit 24g 14 wrap.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Had a 3x26a1/32n80 8 wrap 3.6mm .25♎️ But I just scraped it. It was old and junky. I replaced it with 3x26/36 n80 8wrap 4mm .19♎
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

You can see my .2♎️ Up thread. More to come. Have to clean my staggered 24 and 26 FC.

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well this is the HoG v2 build thread, sooooo, I'll post the real beefy coils.

The .15 that is so hot it can melt the polar ice caps. Quad Mad Rabbit 24g 14 wrap.
View attachment 53175
View attachment 53176

Had a 3x26a1/32n80 8 wrap 3.6mm .25♎️ But I just scraped it. It was old and junky. I replaced it with 3x26/36 n80 8wrap 4mm .19♎
View attachment 53177
View attachment 53178
View attachment 53179

You can see my .2♎️ Up thread. More to come. Have to clean my staggered 24 and 26 FC.
Ive branded my mouth with a pair of coils like that not noticing my topcap was off....Nice build though!

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ive branded my mouth with a pair of coils like that not noticing my topcap was off....Nice build though!
I did that two months ago maybe. Juiced up my 26640 stacked while watching TV with the wife set it down without putting the cap back on. Oops! Didn't get myself that bad lol.

Muzikmaker

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hell yeah now this is what im talking about! Ive been patiently sitting back during the battles and waiting to see pics and specs of builds! I have a serious question for the builders.....may be noobish but i tried to "fill up space" in my fatboy rda with an amazing looking dual coil triple parrallel? It was 26/32 clapton next to dual strand twisted 28ga, 6 wraps for all 3, and it took almost 10sec to ramp up. Will the hog v2 change the ramp time?

Muzikmaker

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
* its one but i tried duals, ohmed at .25 single and .11 dual

Attachments

• 20160603_205735.jpg
    20160603_205735.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 21

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
* its one but i tried duals, ohmed at .25 single and .11 dual

Yeah, sorry about that. I let a kid with a mangina derail me.

What were you firing that coil on? In what attie? Have you ever used a series box and what is your experience with unregulated mods?

Muzikmaker

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am fairly new but have only used unregulated mechs, i have used a dimitri clone and a hammer (not of god) but i am currently running a maraxus stick mod with the alliance fatboy by vapergate, both authentic and authentic lg hb4 18650s, i have been studying ohms law like a college kid before an exam and have been using steam engine frequently, i fired it on the maraxus with fatboy atty and a hb4 fresh 4.2v, i have the nitecore d4 charger, also **never used a series**

Muzikmaker

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
P.s. gotta agree....that guy just wanted to complain with anything n everything

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I just traded for the HoG clone ( in the Trading forum) with the Temple RDA. Suggestions? Unless @raymo2u wants to build me some coils, lol. I just had my eyes operated on so I'm a little hesitant to build. Did these just after the eyes were done on a Tsunami.

i2guxgn.jpg

That's a single .18 staggered alien. But I find it too hard to build that right now. It took me near five hours with my vision problems. And a lot of wire. Suggestions for a simple build on the Temple?

And here is what I traded for ...

W5R4YX8.jpg

Last edited:

VU Sponsors