Become a Patron!

Hammer of God v3 fire button spring issue...

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
So i just got a HOG v3 in trade from a guy, and when it works I LOVE the damn thing. Issue is about every other day the fire button fails on me and I have to quickly either rip the atty off, or pop out the batteries as it sticks in the fire position.

I have tracked the issue to the spring on the fire plunger. the original spring was flattened and worn out. Found a click pen that had the same diameter as the original spring, cut a piece to fit in there and it worked great for 2 days. Now once again it is failing.

I have been searching and cannot find replacement parts for this mod, but its just a simple spring, right? anyone have ideas? as it sits now I have a really fancy looking paperweight as it is a touch unreliable. Although I am getting quite good at taking it apart...

Lucros

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So i just got a HOG v3 in trade from a guy, and when it works I LOVE the damn thing. Issue is about every other day the fire button fails on me and I have to quickly either rip the atty off, or pop out the batteries as it sticks in the fire position.

I have tracked the issue to the spring on the fire plunger. the original spring was flattened and worn out. Found a click pen that had the same diameter as the original spring, cut a piece to fit in there and it worked great for 2 days. Now once again it is failing.

I have been searching and cannot find replacement parts for this mod, but its just a simple spring, right? anyone have ideas? as it sits now I have a really fancy looking paperweight as it is a touch unreliable. Although I am getting quite good at taking it apart...
Maybe try the manufacturer website or try emailing their support line?

Also, I read that the HoG v3 is a parallel, but is also 8.4v, and was wondering if that was true?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

If the spring is falling maybe replace it.
Maybe try the manufacturer website or try emailing their support line?

Also, I read that the HoG v3 is a parallel, but is also 8.4v, and was wondering if that was true?
It's a paraseries

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

I'd try to find a suitable spring on a R/C Hobby website, focused on R/C cars, trucks and such. Some of the R/C car's suspensions are simple coil springs. There should be a great variety of springs available, regarding the material, and stiffness.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fat Daddy Vapes has a magnet upgrade for 'hammer'.

also perhaps the switch needs cleaning. Maybe the spring is being made to carry current where it should not be.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Fat Daddy Vapes has a magnet upgrade for 'hammer'.
Good to know, since I also own a HOG V3. However, it's still in it's original packaging, like many other mech mods I bought for my stock, for the upcoming vape prohibition. :)

irradiated

Member For 4 Years
I had to replace springs in a mod just the other day. Take some thicker gauge wire (22ga kanthal worked fine for me), and wrap it tightly around an appropriate sized bit that's close to the diameter of the original spring, and then just pull the coil apart and squish it back in. Voila, you have a spring. :D Works for springs that don't carry voltage, if it does carry voltage then you'll need to figure out what gauge and type of wire you'll need. Wrapping your own isn't the most elegant solution, but it's certainly functional, and that's what counts right? It'll tide you over till you can buy a spring at least. :)

Trickiest part is figuring out what number of wraps you'll need for it to fit, I usually wrap more than I need and snip sections off until it's the length that I want.

:cheers:

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
well, my bic pen spring has been holding up pretty good since I posted this. Really liking this mod. now to get a series deck for my modfather tank so i can build more coils with out hitting my amp cap so quickly!!

VU Sponsors