Become a Patron!

Hammer of god v3. question

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm gonna be building around .7-.8
At that resistance you are more than fine with those. At .7 you're drawing 12 amps, and those are true 20A CDR batteries. Combine that with the parallel-series orientation and you have more than enough headroom.

Be very mindful of your batteries wrappers and overall condition always, but especially with this mod. I check my batteries for nicks or tears in the wraps when I take them out, and when I insert them. I mean no offense by that, you likely know that, but you just have bare metal throughout the entire mod, and 4 batteries very closely oriented. I also use a multimeter always with this mod to make certain my batteries are evenly charged.

jimswisher

Member For 2 Years
No offense taken any advice is good advice when it comes to this kind of thing. I grabbed a multimeter the other day cause I felt that was the best route to go. Thank you for the advice.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
No offense taken any advice is good advice when it comes to this kind of thing. I grabbed a multimeter the other day cause I felt that was the best route to go. Thank you for the advice.
Of course! I have a pretty good amount of knowledge, but I learn new things constantly myself. This forum has educated me immensely. I just didn't wanna sound like a dick. But you're right, any advice is good. I subscribe to the same theory.

And smart on the meter. Mine have ALWAYS drained evenly, which is great, but chargers don't always charge evenly. The battery orientation of this mod lends itself to safety as opposed to other series mech boxes, since the current is theoretically split between two batteries instead of one. Theoretically is key. Where you're building, you will be more than fine. I've got a .27 single Caterpillar track King Coil in my Deathtrap and wow! The mod doesn't break a sweat either. You would be fine with HG2's with your resistance... and get great battery life. I use HG2's in mine frequently, though I know their limitations. They handle everything I've thrown at it. 25R's are probably a tad better for many reasons, though. Enjoy!

The current batch is sold out... More will be coming to Cloudy Peak When they get released again! Did I mention I love this thing? LOL.

VU Sponsors