Become a Patron!

Hammond box mod wont work

I was building an rda and i put the coil in and the inside started smoking, now it wont work at all, what happened? Anyway to fix it? I see no burns or anything

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Need a whole lot more info. Pic's of the insides of the box please with close ups of the wiring.

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Did it start smoking when you hit the button or the second you popped your batteries in?

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Probably a short, or the resistance was WAY too low. The best guess i can make without any photos of the build/box is that part of your coil was probably touching some part of the deck. Always look carefully at your coils to make sure they aren't touching the deck or the posts, and make sure that the leads going through the posts are clipped so the don't touch the coil on the other side. Depending on what batteries you were using, it may be easier to short a box mod than you might think. One of the reasons you see everyone here preaching battery safety haha, because disasters are real!

vortex12

Member For 4 Years
This is why resettable fuses are a good idea. As well as running a mosfet to protect your switch. That's how I built both my Hammond boxes, one is parallel and the other is series

VU Sponsors