Become a Patron!

Hana v4m (mini) short

Eplayz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Anyone else have this?

I just bought one second hand and have a couple of questions.

The mod uses the back plate screw to ground the wire so I guess it was not making contact. The guy I bought it from put a kanthal coil in the screw hole to make a better connection. But failed to mention it to me.

The only reason I found out was I tried my ni200 coils in and the screen started going bonkers. Ohms jumped. The temp turned into voltage. So I opened her up because i realized it has to do with the grounding.

The problem is that I find it odd that Hana would use the back plate screw to ground the wire. Especially since the ground is recessed in and the screw head or backplate would never make contact with it.

Is the threads of the screw supposed to acts as the contact for the ground? Maybe my screw is too skinny and not making contact?

I'm worried that the guy made some modification to it. I in turn used 24 gauge wire to make a stronger coil and it all seems to work now. But I can't help but think that Hana couldn't have design it to have us jimmy rig something ourselves.

e2a583f641ed915a1e586f8c6a9308e1.jpg

c75847034548c1b6193c066d23ba62f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eplayz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Should I have post this in the other help forum?

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Sorry, I can't help you, I don't have one of these mods, but I don't think Hana designed the mod that way. Everything I have heard about Hana is that they are well built and if that's true, I find it hard to believe there would be a jury rigged ground wire. Hopefully someone with some knowledge of this will come along and give you some better information.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't have the v4mini, but i do have the v4d. The v4mini as a 6 month warranty so my advice would be to call Hana. That unit has only been out since the beginning of March, so it's still under warranty. They are very nice folks there. Best way to get the, is to send a dm on Facebook or call them. The number is on their website

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eplayz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks. I'll try with Hana tomorrow. Only thing is they need original invoice for warranty issues. I bought my on eBay.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks. I'll try with Hana tomorrow. Only thing is they need original invoice for warranty issues. I bought my on eBay.

That I couldn't tell you, but considering that the device has only been out for 7 weeks, it has to be under warranty (unless it's a fake). All of the units have a serial number on them, so they should be able to look it up.

I would suggest that you tell them you got it second hand and not necessarily that you bought it on eBay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eplayz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well after another inspection. The screw threads aren't touching the ground when it goes straight in. When I angle it in and make sure the screw touches the ground wire it works fine. So either the screw isn't thick enough or the ground loop hole is too big.

Eplayz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I got a response from Hana. They are sending out a set of orings that go onto the screw and I guess apply pressure to the ground.

We will see. Better be a big oring because the ground is recessed better deep.

msmith4512

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had the same problem with my V4m which I purchased April 5. Unscrewing and re tightening the ground screw solved my chip instability issues, but I then experienced extremely short battery life. My unit included o-rings around the ground screw, but still didn't work right. I sent my unit back to Hana and got my replacement this week and it is working perfectly.

VU Sponsors