Become a Patron!

Hangsen and Inawera

TomV

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello everyone! Quick question for you all. I've been seeing Hangsen and Inawera popping up more and more in recipes. What is the "ususal" percentages for these companies, I can't seem to find any and also, compared to the normal TFA, CAP, FA, how "good" are they taste wise? I know, I know, taste is subjective; I';m looking for a general consensus type of thing. Thanks everyone! *I'll also post this in the DIY review section.*

TomV

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How about fruits and creams?

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was wondering if there was any information pertaining to the components in their flavors ... I'm just starting to use some of these so I was curious how they stack up in DAP area.

TomV

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I read that a few mixers prefer HS to FA for the creams which I found really odd since FA has such high recommendations for their vienna, fresh and catalan creams. Anyone else have this opinion as well? I'm looking to branch out from TFA and CAP and was going to start using FA until I read HS had "better tasting" creams than FA.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been wondering this too,@NGAHaze , since I started using more Inawera. I remember reading (on ECF or reddit) that Inawera claim to be diacetyl free, but that--a rumor of a claim--is the only info I have. I may have to break down and contact the company. I'll let you know if my lazy butt actually does this.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't seem to find any verified percentage recommendations for Hangsen. I only have a handful of their flavors and I know their "Cream" flavor is very strong. You can taste a difference in any mix with 1-2 drops per 10ml.

sketchness

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a number of inawera flavors and really enjoy them. I usually mix from 3-5%. I mainly use them as accents. I have several of there tobacco's that are execellent. Burley, vanilla for pipe, Black for Pipe, and Dark for pipe. Inawera Cactus is a must try for anyone who enjoys fruits. It is an amazing flavor. I mixed up a 5 ml test batch and immediately went online and ordered another bottle.

Hangsen i have a few of. Their Italian cream is really a nice sour note to add to cheesecake stuff. Chocolate cream is another nice addition to tobacco to add a sweet flavor without going RY4, which I really don't care for. Their toacco's give you a very authentic tobacco taste. I make a menthol smoke for a buddy with Virginia and elder captain.

In general I start Hangsen around 5 for non tobacco's and Inawera around 3%.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have Inawera Cappuccino Tobacco and it's a dream! Also have the Italian Cream but haven't used it yet. Now I want to go through all my cheesecake vapes and add a couple drops....lol!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I read that a few mixers prefer HS to FA for the creams which I found really odd since FA has such high recommendations for their vienna, fresh and catalan creams. Anyone else have this opinion as well? I'm looking to branch out from TFA and CAP and was going to start using FA until I read HS had "better tasting" creams than FA.

I like the HS Cream best so far I think, used at 1% or less.

LoveVanilla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have not detected DAP in Hangsen tobaccos; and likely have 40-50 flavors from this line (oh wait, was their pipe tobacco suspect?). I did note suspected DAP in Hangsen's non-tobacco, and yes, believe it was their vanilla. I liked some of the IW tobaccos but did suspect DAP when cycling through their line-up. Lineup was also hit or miss to me, so I stopped testing.

I am pretty comfortable with any of the Hangsen tobaccos, anything from Flavor Arts, and select IW tobaccos. These include S'Camel, Gold Ducat, etc. My $.02

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've only really used the Hangsen tobacco extracts. To some degree I found less is more worked best for me with them. Based on a fairly large thread at the other place and personal experimentation with them I settled on 2% steeped for a couple of weeks. YMMV.

LoveVanilla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
is this personal opinion/experience or do you have some test results to back up what you are saying ??

Personal opinions based on my taste buds. And my taste buds are not as well trained for detection as some.

Last edited:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Does anybody else like Hangsen cream?
I was thinking about you and your post the other day and hangsen cream, I almost sent you a message but then I saw a squirrel or something haha . I think you will like it and would be a good addition for stuff like cheesecake like that one I posted a day or 3 ago or millky stuff. I made a pretty good crunch berry cereal that Im pretty sure off the top of my head has it also. not sure why I havent tried it before but Joe over at bull city recommended another hangsen one to me, the Australian chocolate so I decided to pick up the cream while I was trying new stuff. glad I did. its pretty strong and kinda gross... ok it is gross standalone but Ive found it pretty useful to thicken things up

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I like Inawera. I think many of (but not all) their tobaccos are top notch interesting flavors, their custard is The Best, their Shisha Strawberry is my favorite strawberry (of the 17 different strawberries I have), and their Lime is the cleanest, most realistic lime on the planet. That said, I think some of their fruits are pretty terrible. Flavorah's fruits are superior to many of theirs.

Hangsen can be hit and miss...Outstanding tobaccos, all of the ones I've tried have been top notch. Their Vanilla, Irish Cream, and French Vanilla Ice Cream are excellent, but I don't care for their blueberry, raspberry or any of their fruits. Also, Hangesn's "strength ratio" seems to vary wildly, which makes it more challenging to get percentages right in mixes. For this reason I don't have a huge inventory of Hangsen, I use their tobaccos and above-mentioned vanillas often.

"Usual Percentages"? My best advice with INW is Always Start Low. Hangsen, you've got to experiment.

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have not tried Hangsen Concentrates but there juice is decent. The shisha line is strong! INW is awesome! The best custard in my opinion. Also try the lemon cake. Yum when you smell a concentrate and if its strong you can kind of tell how much to add.

VU Sponsors