Become a Patron!

Hangsen, VT, Real Flavors, SC, OOO, Oh MY!!!

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright,

I am looking to add some diversity to my collection and I have MOSTLY TFA, FLV, FA, CAP, INW, FW flavors. I think I have one Hangsen, one OOO, and a few WF sitting in my mailbox right now (and a few DIYFS flavors on the way). While I do like to formulate my own opinions on concentrates and can usually find a use for any concentrate even if i'm not a huge fan of it on it's own, I'd like to get a few opinions on what your favorite concentrates are by :

Hangsen
VT
Real Flavors
LB
SC
OOO

And maybe a little sentence on why you like it, how it works with mixes, etc. Diversity is the D in my DIY approach and I'd love your help diversifying my collection. By the way, I really love vaping bakeries, fruits, cookies, cakes, creams, custards, desserts, cereals, not tobaccos, but any and all input is welcome.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well......

HS Australian Chocolate. Dark chocolate, not super sweet. Doesn’t go funky/alcohol. Versatile.
HS Cream. Nice, thick cream. Needs a steep.
HS Italian Cream. Even thicker cream. Twangy. Slightly cheesy. Good for cheesecakes to get that authentic twang.
HS FVIC. Damn, this flavor. Super rich French vanilla ice cream.

VT any chocolates. Versatile. Rich. They don’t go weird.
VT Honeycomb. Kind of like a Heath Bar. Chocolate and toffee. Goes well with custards, cookies, ice cream.
VT Golden Syrup. Syrup, but not maple. More like dark corn syrup. Very useful in breakfast recipes.
VT any alcohol. They have some of the most accurate alcohols out there.
VT Toffee Ice Cream. A rich, creamy, sweet, toffee ice cream.
VT Sweet Cream. Fluffy, sweet cream. Almost a whipped cream.
VT Devon Cream. Lordy, what a great cream! Has a chocolate note.

OOO powdered sugar. This one actually feels like powdered sugar on your tongue.
OOO cream(milk undertones). Half and half. Like for coffee.
OOO condensed milk. IMO, one of the better ones out there.

LB white chocolate peppermint. Creamy peppermint goodness. Not chalky.
LB lava cake. Hershey’s chocolate syrup down low. Nice dark chocolate cake up high.
LB VBIC. One of the best ones out there. Not quite as rich as TFA, but I like it a little better.
LB Belgian Waffle. My favorite waffle. Just enough syrup. Bready in a good way. Very faint cinnamon. Fluffy.

I’m tired now. I’ll add more when I get to my desk. :)

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well......

HS Australian Chocolate. Dark chocolate, not super sweet. Doesn’t go funky/alcohol. Versatile.
HS Italian Cream. Even thicker cream. Twangy. Slightly cheesy. Good for cheesecakes to get that authentic twang.

VT Honeycomb. Kind of like a Heath Bar. Chocolate and toffee. Goes well with custards, cookies, ice cream.
VT Golden Syrup. Syrup, but not maple. More like dark corn syrup. Very useful in breakfast recipes.

LB lava cake. Hershey’s chocolate syrup down low. Nice dark chocolate cake up high.
LB VBIC. One of the best ones out there. Not quite as rich as TFA, but I like it a little better.
LB Belgian Waffle. My favorite waffle. Just enough syrup. Bready in a good way. Very faint cinnamon. Fluffy.

Wow girl! You go girl!

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well......

Well done! I would add LB Vanilla ice cream - very authentic

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Hangsen pineapple, nice slightly candyish
SC pineapple, juicy and ripe
VTA sugarloaf pineapple, better as a stand alone imo, bright ripe and fresh

HS and SC play nicely with other brands and work well in recipes, VTA sugarloaf takes work to slide it in with other flavors. Did pair alright with 0.3% Flavorah sour apple.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I won't be doing the booze flavors, but thanks for the heads up. I will be adding some of these flavors. I have FLV milk chocolate and would like to be able to add some more dimension to my chocolate flavor. I don't use it a ton but I think if I could add some more depth I would. @wildgypsy70 thank you for that comprehensive list. I will be taking your advice into consideration on Friday when I do my weekly mini-purchase. I made like 3 really big DIY purchases off the bat and now I've decided I'll spend anywhere from like $20-$40 once a week until I have everything I want. I spent more than that on buying juice!

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well......

One other question! How concentrated are HS, LB, VT, OOO compared to say FA or TFA? Are they somewhere in between the two or as strong as FLV?

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
FLV is def the strongest of the lot, hands down. LB is probably closer to TFA.....you can push those flavors pretty damn high and sometimes need to. HS is similar to FA. VT/OOO is kinda inbetween FA and Caps. But.....I tend to mix on the lower side of things. Other people(looking at you @VAPEROXX ) run their recipes high because they like it that way or need to to taste it. :)

For sft I do this....start at....

OOO 2%
HS 1%
VT 2%
LB 4%

Move up or down as needed or to see what the flavor can/will do.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Not much to add here myself other than a heads up about a possible exception to that in VT Golden Rum; according to some, it tastes like BBQ sauce. That might not be a bad thing if you're into vaping rotisserie chicken however ... :giggle:
Ok, you’re right. I have heard some stuff like that about that one. I don’t have that one, but now I’m gonna avoid it!

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok, you’re right. I have heard some stuff like that about that one. I don’t have that one, but now I’m gonna avoid it!

Don't be too hasty now ... it could be a thing. :D

Pollo_Arrosto_10ml.png

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Don't be too hasty now ... it could be a thing. :D

Pollo_Arrosto_10ml.png
Noted just did their Savory episode. It was hilarious! Def no love for chicken flavors. Or many of the flavors, actually......I think it would be a thing if someone could pull off a decent chicken flavor.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Noted just did their Savory episode. It was hilarious! Def no love for chicken flavors. Or many of the flavors, actually......I think it would be a thing if someone could pull off a decent chicken flavor.
If someone sends me some roasted chicken concentrate, I will pull something off. LOL. Creamy Cranberry Chicken

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
FLV is def the strongest of the lot, hands down. LB is probably closer to TFA.....you can push those flavors pretty damn high and sometimes need to. HS is similar to FA. VT/OOO is kinda inbetween FA and Caps. But.....I tend to mix on the lower side of things. Other people(looking at you @VAPEROXX ) run their recipes high because they like it that way or need to to taste it. :)

For sft I do this....start at....

OOO 2%
HS 1%
VT 2%
LB 4%

Move up or down as needed or to see what the flavor can/will do.
Go big or go home, I always say lol!

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wts-wtt-aspex-performance-coils.434798/

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I forgot.....

OOO Bread Pudding....a very eggy bread pudding similar to brioche French toast.
OOO vanilla custard cheesecake....thick, creamy vanilla cheesecake. Nice additive to a cheesecake(obviously) recipe or for creaming up a bakery.
OOO marshmallow(vanilla).....the name says it all.
OOO lemon round candy.....Lemonheads. Bang.

Also, pm me and I’ll send you the best damn custard flavoring out there, IMO. Unless you have it, of course.....FA Custard Premium. Holy s*** I love this flavor.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I just saw mention of that in the Daily Mixing thread although I haven't watched it yet. Aww, no love for savory flavors eh. I actually like a few recipes that most probably wouldn't. I know FA Zen Garden doesn't get a lot of love due to it's basil-oregano note but I think it's great in certain combinations. Hmm, Basil BBQ Chicken ... :idea:

:D

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I forgot.....

OOO Bread Pudding....a very eggy bread pudding similar to brioche French toast.
OOO vanilla custard cheesecake....thick, creamy vanilla cheesecake. Nice additive to a cheesecake(obviously) recipe or for creaming up a bakery.
OOO marshmallow(vanilla).....the name says it all.
OOO lemon round candy.....Lemonheads. Bang.

Also, pm me and I’ll send you the best damn custard flavoring out there, IMO. Unless you have it, of course.....FA Custard Premium. Holy s*** I love this flavor.
I can't find this anywhere. EDIT: The FA Custard Premium that is.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I can't find this anywhere. EDIT: The FA Custard Premium that is.
Because you can’t get it in the states. Chefs in the UK usually has it.

But like I said, I’ll send you one, if you want. I’ve had that offer standing for months. When I found it, I fell in love with it. I wanted to spread the love, so I bought a TON. Like 30 10ml bottles. So, really, if you want one, pm me your address and I’ll send you one.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Because you can’t get it in the states. Chefs in the UK usually has it.

But like I said, I’ll send you one, if you want. I’ve had that offer standing for months. When I found it, I fell in love with it. I wanted to spread the love, so I bought a TON. Like 30 10ml bottles. So, really, if you want one, pm me your address and I’ll send you one.
:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just saw mention of that in the Daily Mixing thread although I haven't watched it yet. Aww, no love for savory flavors eh. I actually like a few recipes that most probably wouldn't. I know FA Zen Garden doesn't get a lot of love due to it's basil-oregano note but I think it's great in certain combinations. Hmm, Basil BBQ Chicken ... :idea:

OMG.png

VU Sponsors