Become a Patron!

Happy / Lucky to be Here

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello all.

First let me thank everyone for welcoming me into your community; everyone is very helpful and kind. I'm a long time smoker who has had many failed attempts at quitting and thought I'd never be able to stop. I suffer from a pretty serious illness and despite the warnings from my doctor and threats from my wife, I was never able to quit. Even after the birth of my beautiful daughter 2.5 years ago I was not able to commit to quitting.

Two months ago at work I was going through the lunch my wife packed me and instead of the usual "have a great day note" (I have an amazing wife) she included a bank statement with all my cig purchases highlighted. There was a charge for $8.52 everyday for 3 months and I was just floored. After seeing that I decided I would give quitting another try.

A few hundred miles away in NJ my life long friend was having great success staying off cigs by vaping. He had implored me on several occasions to at least give it a try. When I told him I was considering giving it a shot, he immediately overnighted me a Kanger tech evod and a bottle of juice. I have not had a cig since.

Now, two months later I've gone head first into vaping and absolutely love it. I stepped it up with a Kanger tank / IPV mini and couldn't be happier. The same goes for my wife and Doctor. While they are both skeptical about the unknown health risk, both agree that considering my condition, I'm far better off vaping. I've managed to step my nic level down from 18 to 3/6 and moved on from the tobacco flavors.

Thanks again for having me and I hope this story helps to inspire someone in the same position I was in.

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Amazing! Welcome to VU. Congrats on ditching the cigs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU.
If you can't find the information you need here in the forum, just ask.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's really beautiful. Thanks for sharing your story with us. I put notes in my boyfriend's lunch, too,but never something as powerful as the one she left for you that day. Give her a big squeeze! Welcome skt :)

VU Sponsors