Become a Patron!

Hardware list ?

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I was wondering if one or 2 of the veteran mixologists here would be kind enough to build us a list of the hardware needed to mix up small , medium sized batches of home brew .
Say 250ml to 500ml ?
And one on the cheap and one best you can get ?

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you're talking about equipment needed for diy, it's pretty much standard. Now I'm not a master mixologist or a vendor..but like I said, it's pretty standard:
*Gloves and protective eyewear - Safety First!
*Containers for your mixes (either glass or ldpe bottles)
*Measuring tools (if you're making over 100 mls, I would suggest either graduated cylinders for volume measurement or a small scale if you want to measure by weight. You could go with larger syringes. It'll be accurate but it'll probably take longer).
Nic Base
PG
VG
Flavors

All of that is with the assumption that you either already have a detailed recipe that you have double checked with one of the online calculators. If you haven't gotten familiar with how to use one of the calculators, do that FIRST. Not only will it save you time and frustration of trial and error mixes, but they also have features that allow you to save your recipes so you can have consistent quality...or simply just remind you of exactly what you did last time in case you weren't totally satisfied and want to make changes to your next batch. The cost of all those things vary depending on what vendor you go to. I personally get all my stuff from myfreedomsmokes.com but there are tons of great online vendors like Wizard Labs, Heartland, RTS. Flavor prices will also vary as well between The Flavor Apprentice, Capellas, Flavorwest, Flavourart..etc. It's a bit expensive to "get started" but once you find things you like...you will probably tend to mostly stick to your favorites and experiment on the side. Not to mention, you'll have extra cash from not buying cigarettes (unless you become a mod whore like I did at first..LOL). I know this was REALLY long winded and not real sure I even answered your question, but I hope it helped in some way..LOL Cheers!

D

Donald Bickers

Does anyone know where to get syringes with raised numbers on them for mixing juice,i have some monoject with raised numbers but i have been mixing for over a year and the plungers are getting worn,i would be needing 5,10, and 20 cc size

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the information, soulshine and thanks for the link, RockeyPuppy.
you both are making this alot cheaper and hopefully easier to start trying my hand at DIYing...

I think I may be living in the DIY threads for a bit.

Was given some 36mg 120mil 100%pg nic and some flavors from a friend who just quit vaping. No worry he did not go back to analogs, he just did not want to anymore... Went from 18 down to 0 nic in 8 months and finally said. done....

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
tick, living in the DIY threads is the best thing to do! You learn so much, and avoid the mistakes. Mostly. Ask questions, you will get lots of help.

KnurledNut

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
This is my standard advice for anyone who wants to get in to DIY on the cheap with regards to liquid supplies.

Amazon has your best prices on PG and VG in quart+ bottles.

For flavors head to Wally World. Go to the Spice Section. Look for Watkins flavors. Avoid the flavors that have oil in the ingredients. Also in the arts/crafts section you can find Loran Flavors in 2-packs, usually on an end cap. Again, avoid oil ingredients.

The Watkins flavors are only $2.50 or so for 59ml bottles. Not a bad way to start out. IMHO their chocolate and coconut flavors are some of the best out there.

p.s. never ever buy VG from Wally World. It has an odor that reminds me of cat ass. not that i know what cat ass smells like :D

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No disrespect and I am sure that works for some but if I had done this I would have likely given up.

My advice is read, read and read some more. There is lots of info out there.
Then ask questions. Research the answers yourself and decide what works best for you.
Most of all HAVE FUN!

Thrasher

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got some graduated cylinders, bottles and syringes off amazon, you can usually run across a cylinder set pretty cheap.
about the best deal for bulk PG/VG would be essential depot, they usually run gallon specials with free shipping.
nic from wiz labs, flavors from TFA ( my favs anyways). box of cheap gloves from just about anywhere.
a decent mixing calc like ejuicemeup,

and most important - a notebook to log what i am doing, there is nothing worse then making a kickin juice and not being able to replicate it again

KnurledNut

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
and most important - a notebook to log what i am doing, there is nothing worse then making a kickin juice and not being able to replicate it again

So true. I don't know how many times I had to re-do recipes because I forgot to keep a log.

VU Sponsors