Become a Patron!

Harsh vape?

Hello,
I am fairly new to vaping although I've already had mine for about a month and I've been vaping 6mg nicotine juices because I was still smoking regular cigarettes. But now I want to completely stop so I doubled the nicotine but now it really burns my throat.

Now I've read online that higher nicotine levels might be the cause of this as well as VG/PG ratios and the wattage. The only thing I have changed is gone from 6mg/ml -> 12 mg/ml.

I have an iJust 2 mini running 0.3Ohm coils (I also have 0.5Ohm coils but they produce like no vapor for the first few seconds and it is even harsher after that). I currently use Cosmic Fog Sonrise juice. Now I only ordered one 12mg bottle so I am not sure if it is just this particular liquid or if it really is just the raise in nicotine. I am used to inhaling for about 6-ish seconds on my old 6mg liquids but if I do that with this liquid I just cough my lungs out. If I stay with 6mg I vape the entire day almost non-stop and it burns out the coils in about a week or two.

Any tips/suggestions to make it taste smoother or anyone has some experience with this e-juice in particular?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello,
I am fairly new to vaping although I've already had mine for about a month and I've been vaping 6mg nicotine juices because I was still smoking regular cigarettes. But now I want to completely stop so I doubled the nicotine but now it really burns my throat.

Now I've read online that higher nicotine levels might be the cause of this as well as VG/PG ratios and the wattage. The only thing I have changed is gone from 6mg/ml -> 12 mg/ml.

I have an iJust 2 mini running 0.3Ohm coils (I also have 0.5Ohm coils but they produce like no vapor for the first few seconds and it is even harsher after that). I currently use Cosmic Fog Sonrise juice. Now I only ordered one 12mg bottle so I am not sure if it is just this particular liquid or if it really is just the raise in nicotine. I am used to inhaling for about 6-ish seconds on my old 6mg liquids but if I do that with this liquid I just cough my lungs out. If I stay with 6mg I vape the entire day almost non-stop and it burns out the coils in about a week or two.

Any tips/suggestions to make it taste smoother or anyone has some experience with this e-juice in particular?

You already know the answer WHY?!
Go back to 6mg....

Cosmic fog is a good brand dude.... just lower ur NIC you should be fine!!

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
That's just way too much nic for a sub-ohm tank. The nic is causing the harshness, most agree 6mg/ml is the most you should vape in a sub-ohm tank
this^ 6 or 3 is the way to go for subohm tanks.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most vape 3 in sub ohm situations. Most consider 6 mg too high for sub ohming.
Want to vape higher nic got to MTL vaping.
Clouds and high nic do not mix for 99% of vapers.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most vape 3 in sub ohm situations. Most consider 6 mg too high for sub ohming.
Want to vape higher nic got to MTL vaping.
Clouds and high nic do not mix for 99% of vapers.

Yup
MTL is the way to go if you want to vape 12
Flavorful and satisfying nicotine hit, I remember those days when I was VAPING MTL 24mg!oooolalaa

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
MTL can be enjoyable. Doesn't have to be a super tight restricted draw. I like a looser draw, but still inhale MTL with 8mg nic. All I do is close the airflow more than most DL vapers would. I vape this way because I can't vape high VG, and I don't want to crush my throat DL vaping with as high PG as I have to use. THAT would be harsh.

You'll find your niche and what works best for you. Go in increments, rather than extreme opposites.

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I vape a 6 in a sub ohm tank, DTL, but I have to use creamier flavours like cheesecake or custard or muffins. They don't seem to be as hard on the throat for some reason. If I vape a straight up fruit flavour I find it harsh. If I vape 12 fugged bowd it! I might as well be inhaling crushed glass.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use 6-12 mg nic in all the tanks, RDA's, bottom feeders at .10 ohm--.50 ohm 45-150 watts.....with at least 80-90% VG, no harshness with the various flavors I particularly use. As mentioned, fruit and other juice can be a little harsh with an excessive amount of PG.

Still have some 18-24 mg nic to use in mouth-to-lung devices, which is just damn delicious actually.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use 6-12 mg nic in all the tanks, RDA's, bottom feeders at .10 ohm--.50 ohm 45-150 watts.....with at least 80-90% VG, no harshness with the various flavors I particularly use. As mentioned, fruit and other juice can be a little harsh with an excessive amount of PG.

Still have some 18-24 mg nic to use in mouth-to-lung devices, which is just damn delicious actually.
One of that 1%

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Yep, its your increased nicotine. I find 4mg to harsh (I use 3mg and have for some time). I even use 3mg M2L now. The worst that will happen with lower mg is you vape more for awhile, but that will level off in a couple weeks.

VU Sponsors